PDA

View Full Version : Rain, Rain, go away...come back another day

Doc
10-25-2012, 11:07 AM
Looks like we are about to get smacked with a moderate storm. Schools closing early today and already cancelled for tomorrow. We got a few bands from Sandy last night and are getting ready to get some more. Hopefully and expectedly its going to stay east of us but looks like the Carolina's and up into Maryland might need to brace themselves.

MickintheHam
10-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Doc, this is one of the most unusual storms I have seen develop in years. For the folks in Georgia and SC, I wouldn't take too much for granted. It shows signs of sucking a lot of moisture out of the Deep South. This could have some unexpected strengthening. The path has none of the expected movements you typically see along the Eastern Seaboard. Good Luck to all in its path.

suncat05
10-25-2012, 06:38 PM
Doc, I am going to be over in your neighborhood tomorrow. I am not looking forward to being in that weather, but I have to make this appointment. So........... I'm stuck like Chuck!
My only experience with a hurricane this late in the season was in 2005, which I'm sure you remember all too well, as I do...... Hurricane Wilma. I have spoken to quite a few of the 'old-timers' who have lived in this part of southwest Florida all of their lives, and to the last person every one of them told me that that was the worst late season storm they can remember. So, because of your closer proximity to the storm, please take all necessary precautions, as it has been indicated to me that these late season storms tend to be worse than normal and are very unpredictable.
Take care, my friend!

jazyd
10-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Good Luck, keep your head down and boots on