PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad ineligible

blueboss
08-18-2012, 10:54 AM
http://ucla.scout.com/2/1211554.html

Will this be a pay back the plane fare situation or will he get the Enes treatment? The possibility of the Enes treatment could have been the catalyst to his choice.

dan_bgblue
08-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I suspect that he will have to pay back any money not eligible per the NCAA, and will have to sit out some games. Lots of speculation a few months ago that he might not get to play for 12 games or more. I am not sure if the China games would count against total games he has to sit out or not.

Doc
08-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I suspect that he will have to pay back any money not eligible per the NCAA, and will have to sit out some games. Lots of speculation a few months ago that he might not get to play for 12 games or more. I am not sure if the China games would count against total games he has to sit out or not.

No, those games should not count. I'd be fine with a reasonable suspension, say 8-12 games.

CitizenBBN
08-18-2012, 11:54 PM
He'll get the standard "you cheated but you didnt' go to UK so it's just a suspension" treatment. I think that's in Section 4, subsection c, paragraph 2 "How to Selectively Enforce Eligibility Rules - UK Exception".

chroix
08-19-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm glad he's not here. I know he's a super good player and all, but my gut says there will be issues all season with his eligibility.

Catonahottinroof
08-19-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm glad he's not here. I know he's a super good player and all, but my gut says there will be issues all season with his eligibility.

He also doesn't always seem like a team guy either. Possibly a chemistry problem too.

catmanjack
08-19-2012, 10:40 PM
When you have these kinds of issues don't let them play in the NCAA tourny. Lets get to the fact the first few games do not mean anything but the tourny is the money maker.

blueboss
08-20-2012, 06:38 PM
When you have these kinds of issues don't let them play in the NCAA tourny. Lets get to the fact the first few games do not mean anything but the tourny is the money maker.

Or if they sign with Ky just rule them ineligible forever.