PDA

View Full Version : They're cheating in North Carolina too!

badrose
10-24-2012, 07:19 AM
http://myfox8.com/2012/10/23/guilford-county-voters-say-they-voted-for-the-wrong-candidate/

GREENSBORO, N.C. –The Presidential election is just around the corner and voting issues have already become a problem in Guilford County.

On Monday, several voters complained that their electronic ballot machine cast the wrong vote. All the complaints were made by people who voted at the Bur-Mil Park polling location.

One of the voters, Sher Coromalis, says she cast her ballot for Governor Mitt Romney, but every time she entered her vote it defaulted to President Obama.

“I was so upset that this could happen,” said Coromalis.

Guilford County Board of Elections Director George Gilbert says the problem arises every election. It can be resolved after the machine is re-calibrated by poll workers.

“It’s not a conspiracy it’s just a machine that needs to be corrected,” Gilbert said.

After the third try, Coromalis says she was able to get her vote counted for Gov. Romney but was still annoyed.

“I should have just mailed it in,” Coromalis said.

Elections officials say the machines have been fixed as of Tuesday, and no problems have been reported since.

Early Voting ends November 3.

CitizenBBN
10-24-2012, 10:23 AM
"Calibrated"? So you hit the button and the wrong candidate comes out, AFTER you've set the machine up with the candidates?

What great testing for something as serious as voting.

Possible, but I need some details on how the machines work to buy it.

ColonelSteve
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Told yall something is up with this election...yall laughed at me...I got it from this article in August...reports of the same issue in Texas and Im sure there are other states not being reported...telling you...we got another Bush/Gore on our hands...no matter WHO you vote for...Barack Obama WILL WIN, in politics, nothing happens by accident

The Voter Integrity Project delivered a list of nearly 30,000 dead North Carolinians that it claims are still on voting rolls to the North Carolina State Board of Elections Thursday.

The conservative-leaning group, which describes itself as non-partisan, said it found some of the names had not been removed from voter lists for more than a decade after the person died.

Group leader Jay DeLancy did not list any actual cases of someone using a dead person's name to vote. In a news release on the group's website, he said the data was still being analyzed.

But, he said some cases looked suspicious.

"It’s pretty clear that a few of those cases involved clerical errors on a busy election day," DeLancy said, "but others look a lot like identity theft at the ballot box. Either way, we will need to review each one very carefully."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/politics&id=8792639

CitizenBBN
10-24-2012, 04:59 PM
No one laughed at you for saying there's voter fraud, even massive amounts of it. Anyone opposed to having to present an ID in order to vote IMO is supporting the undermining of our nation's very foundations. I'm flabbergasted anyone can vote without being on the roles and presenting an ID. When Kentucky is light years ahead of a state in preventing voter fraud you know that state is horrid.

That's not the same as some 4 step removed partial ownership of some company by someone tied to some candidate. I have no doubt some will try to steal this election, and have tried going way back, but that's not the same as thinking the Romney/Vote machine thing has any validity.

I mentioned Andrew Jackson but a great example is Nixon/Kennedy and the situation in West Virginia, an election Nixon could easily have protested.

Funny how politicians want federal standards for everything including the appearance of street signs (true btw, there's a federal law passed some years ago re colors and height of all street signs) but we have no federal laws regarding voter verification to prevent election fraud.

ColonelSteve
10-24-2012, 05:05 PM
No one laughed at you for saying there's voter fraud, even massive amounts of it. Anyone opposed to having to present an ID in order to vote IMO is supporting the undermining of our nation's very foundations. I'm flabbergasted anyone can vote without being on the roles and presenting an ID. When Kentucky is light years ahead of a state in preventing voter fraud you know that state is horrid.

That's not the same as some 4 step removed partial ownership of some company by someone tied to some candidate. I have no doubt some will try to steal this election, and have tried going way back, but that's not the same as thinking the Romney/Vote machine thing has any validity.

I mentioned Andrew Jackson but a great example is Nixon/Kennedy and the situation in West Virginia, an election Nixon could easily have protested.

Funny how politicians want federal standards for everything including the appearance of street signs (true btw, there's a federal law passed some years ago re colors and height of all street signs) but we have no federal laws regarding voter verification to prevent election fraud.

Yep...I agree...and there is an exact reason for that

dan_bgblue
10-24-2012, 05:12 PM

They do not want to mess up a good thing. Can not get them to pass a reasonable campaign financing reform law either. Nope, they know exactly what they are doing by not making the one citizen, one vote idea into law that will stick thru voter ID.

ColonelSteve
10-24-2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29NIlZxSsSs