PDA

View Full Version : White House notified two hrs. after attack in Libya.

DanISSELisdaman
10-23-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/49528284/

CitizenBBN
10-23-2012, 10:05 PM
So the terrorist group claimed responsibility on Facebook and there's a great mystery? lol. Attack on 9/11 was just a freak coincidence. Yeah, uh-huh.

BTW, what are terror groups doing on facebook? How many friends do they have and isn't this a convenient way to round them up at night with the black vans?

Doc
10-23-2012, 10:21 PM
So the terrorist group claimed responsibility on Facebook and there's a great mystery? lol. Attack on 9/11 was just a freak coincidence. Yeah, uh-huh.

BTW, what are terror groups doing on facebook? How many friends do they have and isn't this a convenient way to round them up at night with the black vans?

Doc
10-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Seriously, Did anybody really think this wasn't a terrorist attack? I'm saying 4 days after the attack (Oct 15), did anybody actually believe this was a terrorist event? I doubt the administration did and I know I sure as hell didn't despite me not having access to America's intelligence might. So either our leaders are DOPES or LIARS. I can't see any other option. I mean what else could they be? IMO its the latter because they didn't want to admit that people in the middle east still hate us despite our more understanding attitude toward them. Of course the administration holding that opinion would also make them dopes because that would mean they thought the pubic was too stupid to see through the hoax.

Now if Biden were running the show then of course it would be that they were dopes because Biden is a dope

suncat05
10-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Just one more good reason as to why this current POTUS needs to be relieved of his duties on November 6, 2012! He and his whole crew just need to go!

ColonelSteve
10-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Obama knew about this before it happen just like Bush knew about 9/11 before it happen just like FDR knew about Pearl Harbor before IT happened...war is VERY profitable and if you think these people give a damn about you over their wallets then you need to think again...human sacrifice in pagan rituals are still going on today.

Catonahottinroof
10-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Obama knew about this before it happen just like Bush knew about 9/11 before it happen just like FDR knew about Pearl Harbor before IT happened...war is VERY profitable and if you think these people give a damn about you over their wallets then you need to think again...human sacrifice in pagan rituals are still going on today.

After sorting through your spin, Obama and his administration knew about its origin afterward, yet continued to pin it on a youtube video as a rouse to cover up the lack of security that allowed this to happen. 2 weeks of yada yada yada....

If he will lie about something like this, what makes you think he will be truthful with domestic policy?

ColonelSteve
10-24-2012, 05:00 PM
After sorting through your spin, Obama and his administration knew about its origin afterward, yet continued to pin it on a youtube video as a rouse to cover up the lack of security that allowed this to happen. 2 weeks of yada yada yada....

If he will lie about something like this, what makes you think he will be truthful with domestic policy?

What do you think Romney is gonna do? He thinks bankruptcy is a GOOD thing and wants to start a export/import war with China

dan_bgblue
10-24-2012, 05:04 PM
What do you think Romney is gonna do? He thinks bankruptcy is a GOOD thing and wants to start a export/import war with China

The way I look at is that it is only fair that another liar get his 4 year term. 8 years is way too much to allow in office for any politician

ColonelSteve
10-24-2012, 05:08 PM
The way I look at is that it is only fair that another liar get his 4 year term. 8 years is way too much to allow in office for any politician

So you think Reagan and Clinton didnt deserve a 2nd term?

Catonahottinroof
10-24-2012, 05:28 PM

Bankruptcy is a good thing if you learn from it. I suspect GM will be back to some stupidity fairly soon. Chrysler on the other hand has Fiat's hand up it's backside, calling the shops, dictating process, product and marketing....and is learning in the process. If all else fails, the government can front the money, they'll just print more....

Doc
10-24-2012, 09:02 PM

Who said Obama knew about it before it happened? On the original 9/11 it was reported immediately that there was a belief it was a terrorist attack. You want to compare the two events? It would be like saying 2 weeks after the twins towers collapsed that GWB was claiming it was due to shoddy work by union construction workers!

CitizenBBN
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM

The bankruptcy comment is completely out of context. the question is how do you handle the end of life of a business that hasn't responded to consumer needs. In that case the bankruptcy process has for centuries now provided a stabilizing transition to either a restructured company that is back focusing on consumer needs or is sold off to people who will do it.

The alternative is to allow inefficient companies to continue to waste valuable national resources and hinder the overall accumulation of the wealth of the nation. The decisions are made on the basis of political power and not market forces and leads to sub-optimal economic outcomes for Americans.

So yes, just like the fungi that get rid of fallen trees in the forest we have to sometimes allow companies to die and their resources be redistributed to healthy businesses.

He's dead right and it's refreshing a candidate would say it, but frustrating so many will take it out of context to make it sound as if he hopes companies fail. He isn't saying it's good that they stop serving consumers, he's saying once they do that the bankruptcy process is a good way to address the failure.

Doc
10-24-2012, 09:20 PM

As far as bankruptcy goes:
Eastman Kodak, American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Continental Airlines, US Airways, United Airways, Sbarro, Eddie Bauer, Friendly's, Texaco, Six Flags, Chrysler (back in the 1980), are all companies that filed bankruptcy yet are still in business. See, there are lots of companies that survived bankruptcy because bankruptcy allows a business to restructure its debt.

As for any "export/import" war, I hate to tell you but there already is one. Its just that right now its a one sided one because in our trade with China, we are getting our asses handed to us and some people don't even realize it. Last year (http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html) the imports from China into the USA was nearly $300,000,000,000 than what we exported to China.

You are listening too much to a man who has ZERO experience in business. He has none, nada, zilch. Next up will be Obama's advice on how to balance a budget.

dan_bgblue
10-24-2012, 09:57 PM
I have been wondering how ambassadors communicate with their superiors in the states. Do they still use couriers and dispatch pouches full of interesting stuff that is 2 days old, or do they video chat? Is it possible that the folks in Washington watched the entire even unfold via the net?

Darrell KSR
10-25-2012, 07:22 AM

We don't want a naked politician in the White House. Flame-retardant pants only last about four years before they wear out, and we need new pants on fire.

CitizenBBN
10-25-2012, 09:30 AM
I have been wondering how ambassadors communicate with their superiors in the states.

You'd hope with people coming over the walls with machine guns and RPGs it would be more than the emails we know about.

You'd think we would have dispatched additional troops from the nearest possible location as soon as it started. Apparently the idea of being prepared for problems in a nation that just underwent a violent revolution and contains mortal enemies of our country never occurred to them.

suncat05
10-25-2012, 09:34 AM
I have been wondering how ambassadors communicate with their superiors in the states. Do they still use couriers and dispatch pouches full of interesting stuff that is 2 days old, or do they video chat? Is it possible that the folks in Washington watched the entire even unfold via the net?

It is my understanding that we had drones overhead providing live video to multiple U.S. government entities, some of whom were poised to respond to the needs of the beseiged embassy personnel. However, as we all now know, their pleas prior to the attack were ignored, and their lives were lost because somebody, somewhere either would not give the okay to send help or just flat out did not care about their lives.
Any way you look at this, there was a tremendously huge dereliction of duty towards American lives in an extremely dangerous environment. By someone who had the ability to give the order but just blatantly refused to do so.
What I believe is that someone was criminally negligent in the performance of their lawful obligation to protect U. S. representatives and willfully & wantonly allowed them to be murdered.

CattyWampus
10-25-2012, 10:45 AM

You might want to check the veracity of your "news" source. Romney favored GM bankruptcy with the government offering loan guarantees to protect GM's customers.

Romney favored a legal managed bankruptcy. What we got was something entirely different.

Under Obama's directions, GM filed for bankruptcy and yet the bankruptcy laws were broken. Obama and his minions stole from those who had invested in GM and gave it to the UAW. So here we are today and GM still owes us $42 billion and they're on the verge of being bankrupt again. And, don't forget all the GM dealers who were screwed over in the process and the Delphi workers who were given the shaft. (http://www.therightscoop.com/excellent-new-ad-highlights-delphi-scandal-politics-and-pensions-where-hope-goes-to-die/)

The GM bankruptcy and Obama lying about Romney's position on it, is just another example of Obama's shuck and jive.

jazyd
10-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Sun, it is also my understanding from what McCAin said we could have had Marines there in 1 hour from Italy, both in people and the Hornets. And why did we have a drone overhead during that time? And it is now being reported that the 2 seals were not killed until 7 hours after it started, plenty of time to get them help.

If all the agencies that were involved..intelligence, pentagon, state dept...are that incompetent then this president needs to be relieved based on just that one fact.
And by allowing those on the ground to be murdered w/o any help coming their way should be grounds for criminal charges.

It is my understanding that we had drones overhead providing live video to multiple U.S. government entities, some of whom were poised to respond to the needs of the beseiged embassy personnel. However, as we all now know, their pleas prior to the attack were ignored, and their lives were lost because somebody, somewhere either would not give the okay to send help or just flat out did not care about their lives.
Any way you look at this, there was a tremendously huge dereliction of duty towards American lives in an extremely dangerous environment. By someone who had the ability to give the order but just blatantly refused to do so.
What I believe is that someone was criminally negligent in the performance of their lawful obligation to protect U. S. representatives and willfully & wantonly allowed them to be murdered.

Catonahottinroof
10-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Apparently requests for military help were denied while this attack were in progress.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/26/cia-operators-were-denied-request-for-help-during-benghazi-attack-sources-say/

jazyd
10-26-2012, 12:22 PM
denied 3 times, seals disobeyed orders and went in to help the 30+ people there, had lasers painting the mortar positions.

This is a dereliction of duty imo and all involved should be brought up on charges. I knew the intelligence community would not take the blame for this and things would suddenly 'leak' out. They also knew Fox would be the only source that would report it.

Obama should be brought before a court martial as the commander on chief and prosecuted to the fullest, and if not a court martial then for sure the court system. he is the biggest piece of garbage that has ever occupied the seat of the Presidency.

Apparently requests for military help were denied while this attack were in progress.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/26/cia-operators-were-denied-request-for-help-during-benghazi-attack-sources-say/

CitizenBBN
10-26-2012, 12:38 PM
"There's a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here," Panetta said Thursday. "But the basic principle here ... is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on."

You're kidding, right? The nature of battle is inherently unclear and is still one of the toughest aspects of combat and strategy but I have never in my life heard anyone say with a straight face that the answer is to just not engage.

that's an insult to anyone with any intelligence whatsoever. Beyond the very precept, the CIA annex and embassy are fixed buildings we knew were still under our control, so we know where we need our forces. We know where to put the Spectre gunship for fire support.

This kind of operation is EXACTLY what special forces do. It's what we have done time and again. The whole reason they use the Spectre gunship is it's a slower turbo prop that can hover and provide close support when the enemy is in close proximity to friendly troops. The entire system is set up for exactly this kind of scenario b/c THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

My God, our military has to answer to this man.

suncat05
10-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Somebody has an awful lot of culpable negligence(and American citizens' blood)on their hands! But I'll wager a small bet here..........nothing will be done about it. After all, these people were just government employees who are being paid to go into harm's way, they knew the risks involved........or at least you can damn sure bet that someone has said that behind closed doors.
Obama Must Go!! :mad:

jazyd
10-26-2012, 04:49 PM
No monday morning qb'ing here, just seeing the facts as they are presented and those butts in DC knew much more than we did as they watched it LIVE. They had reports from the two seals, the two guys painted the mortar positions with lasers, YOU NEVER LEAVE A MAN BEHIND, unless of course you are a democrat president. Bring in the gunship and blow the hell out of them.

I am waiting for the top dogs in the pentagon to retire immediately rather than put up with this ass any longer if he wins in two weeks. Their only hope is if Romney wins. If Obama winss, we need to have a ten million man march on DC right in front of that stupid ass organic little garden they have for show.

I am really pissed.

"There's a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here," Panetta said Thursday. "But the basic principle here ... is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on."

You're kidding, right? The nature of battle is inherently unclear and is still one of the toughest aspects of combat and strategy but I have never in my life heard anyone say with a straight face that the answer is to just not engage.

that's an insult to anyone with any intelligence whatsoever. Beyond the very precept, the CIA annex and embassy are fixed buildings we knew were still under our control, so we know where we need our forces. We know where to put the Spectre gunship for fire support.

This kind of operation is EXACTLY what special forces do. It's what we have done time and again. The whole reason they use the Spectre gunship is it's a slower turbo prop that can hover and provide close support when the enemy is in close proximity to friendly troops. The entire system is set up for exactly this kind of scenario b/c THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS.

My God, our military has to answer to this man.

Doc
10-26-2012, 04:50 PM
Sun, it is also my understanding from what McCAin said we could have had Marines there in 1 hour from Italy, both in people and the Hornets. And why did we have a drone overhead during that time? And it is now being reported that the 2 seals were not killed until 7 hours after it started, plenty of time to get them help.

If all the agencies that were involved..intelligence, pentagon, state dept...are that incompetent then this president needs to be relieved based on just that one fact.
And by allowing those on the ground to be murdered w/o any help coming their way should be grounds for criminal charges.

I agree and this is the deep down rub that I think most American's understand. If he did know then his decision making was horrible. If he didn't know, he should have. Either way, its his ass. Of course most American's understand this but their is a large percentage (47%?) that don't care.

Catonahottinroof
10-26-2012, 04:57 PM
If Obama wins re-election, this is his Watergate.

ColonelSteve
10-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Obama...Bush...Clinton...every president before them all have one thing in common...they are nothing but PUPPETS...they are not the ones running this country...never have been...never will...everything that is going on right now is happening on purpose...and it's about to get a LOT worse...it's time to wake up America...there is still time to stop whatever they are planning

Catonahottinroof
10-26-2012, 05:40 PM
Patraeus tweeted this:

CIA spox: "No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. ”
5:03pm - 26 Oct 12

Two ways to take it. Either the story is fabricated by Fox/sources, or the bus tracks are going over Obama's back....

I'm getting my popcorn.....

dan_bgblue
10-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Dan you should change the title of the thread to...............

Waffle House notified two hrs. after attack in Libya.

ColonelSteve
10-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Patraeus tweeted this:

CIA spox: "No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. ”

Two ways to take it. Either the story is fabricated by Fox/sources, or the bus tracks are going over Obama's back....

Oh yeah OF COURSE the CIA said that...doesnt mean its true

Catonahottinroof
10-26-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh yeah OF COURSE the CIA said that...doesnt mean its true

People are beginning to cover their asses. Before this is over, the intelligence, audio and video will be de-classified and the truth will be in the open.

Only then will the public find out what is truly being covered up.

ColonelSteve
10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Im telling you people...there is more to the story then yall realize...yall REALLY need to listen to what JFK was talking about when he gave his speech on secret societies...it's not a conspiracy when it's right in front of your face at all times...the occult that shall not be named wants us all gone

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk

FDA: Drug company told of contamination months before meningitis outbreak http://on.cnn.com/TIahAn

Catonahottinroof
10-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Patraeus tweeted this:

Tweet was originated by @jaketapper of ABC News

CattyWampus
10-26-2012, 06:52 PM

suncat05
10-26-2012, 07:19 PM
This whole situation just disgusts & enrages me, in many ways. And yet, when the furor dies down, not a damn thing will be done to anyone involved, so the guilty will once again walk.
I get so sick & tired of watching guilty/criminal morons walk free while innocent victims get punished.
And if somebody does pay for this ineptitude, you can damn sure betcha that it will not be the real guilty parties!
"That day" is coming, folks. Much sooner than anyone realizes. I hope you're prepared.

ColonelSteve
10-26-2012, 07:24 PM
This whole situation just disgusts & enrages me, in many ways. And yet, when the furor dies down, not a damn thing will be done to anyone involved, so the guilty will once again walk.
I get so sick & tired of watching guilty/criminal morons walk free while innocent victims get punished.
And if somebody does pay for this ineptitude, you can damn sure betcha that it will not be the real guilty parties!
"That day" is coming, folks. Much sooner than anyone realizes. I hope you're prepared.

Yeah but it's all a trick...that's exactly what the real criminals want...they'll come in and put on a fake smile and make it seem like theyre the ones that will make everything right when in fact...theyve been behind all the evils of the world all along...think about how Hitler came into power...yeah...it'll be like that only worse...that...was only a test run

Catonahottinroof
10-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah but it's all a trick...that's exactly what the real criminals want...they'll come in and put on a fake smile and make it seem like theyre the ones that will make everything right when in fact...theyve been behind all the evils of the world all along...think about how Hitler came into power...yeah...it'll be like that only worse...that...was only a test run

Nice deflection. Hitler disarmed the populace. That mindset already exists in the WH. He had a great propaganda machine too. Look around you and see what looks familiar.

jazyd
10-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Not unless we take the senate.

If Obama wins re-election, this is his Watergate.

jazyd
10-27-2012, 09:12 AM
You left out smoke signals, pony express. seems that must have been what Obama thought he was waiting on.

DanISSELisdaman
10-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Lol, I agree, that would be a more accurate title Dan.

Catonahottinroof
10-27-2012, 09:41 AM
Not unless we take the senate.

I don't know Jazy. This isn't like Clinton's issue. Loss of lives occurred and help was request was rebuked. That is why Patraeus went on record quickly yesterday. Hillary tried to fall on this sword earlier, but it goes higher than that apparently.
If the facts make it out (big if) I don't see how either side of the aisle can ignore consequence on this one.

There is a bigger issue here, something covert, possibly Syria related maybe. If its a matter if not being prepared, Obama should have admitted it and move on from there. But no, it's a video, it wasn't terrorist, oh what, it was..
The cover up is worse than the crime..always.

Catonahottinroof
10-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Interesting reading from another board I frequent.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/37144547/Interesting-Rumor-Concerning-General-Carter-Ham-and-Stand-Down-Order.aspx

ColonelSteve
10-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Interesting reading from another board I frequent.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/37144547/Interesting-Rumor-Concerning-General-Carter-Ham-and-Stand-Down-Order.aspx

Im telling you...this has Illuminati written all over it...this is the making of World War 3...they allowed this to happen because it's what they want to happen...just wait till Obama gets re-elected...and he will win

KSRBEvans
10-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Excellent Mark Steyn column (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/331806/incredible-shrinking-president-mark-steyn) on the latest news. IMHO this section is worth quoting separately and sums it up:

We also learned that, in those first moments of the attack, a request for military back-up was made by U.S. staff on the ground but was denied by Washington. It had planes and special forces less than 500 miles away in southern Italy — or about the same distance as Washington to Boston. They could have been there in less than two hours. Yet the commander-in-chief declined to give the order. So Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods fought all night against overwhelming odds, and died on a rooftop in a benighted jihadist hellhole while Obama retired early to rest up before his big Vegas campaign stop. “Within minutes of the first bullet being fired the White House knew these heroes would be slaughtered if immediate air support was denied,” said Ty Woods’s father, Charles. “In less than an hour, the perimeters could have been secured and American lives could have been saved. After seven hours fighting numerically superior forces, my son’s life was sacrificed because of the White House’s decision.”

jazyd
10-27-2012, 04:33 PM
If Obama wins, I hope you are right Cat, I hope the democrats in the senate have the balls to do what is right and fry the guy and anyone else involved in this. But I dont' hold out hope for that.

I don't know Jazy. This isn't like Clinton's issue. Loss of lives occurred and help was request was rebuked. That is why Patraeus went on record quickly yesterday. Hillary tried to fall on this sword earlier, but it goes higher than that apparently.
If the facts make it out (big if) I don't see how either side of the aisle can ignore consequence on this one.

There is a bigger issue here, something covert, possibly Syria related maybe. If its a matter if not being prepared, Obama should have admitted it and move on from there. But no, it's a video, it wasn't terrorist, oh what, it was..
The cover up is worse than the crime..always.

CitizenBBN
10-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Ty Woods is a true hero, and I hope his father talks till he wears out his vocal cords. Nothing offends me more than a politician putting American soldiers in harms way then not backing them up in the fight, sacrificing them for political ends.

There's a special place in hell for politicians who do that, and it looks more and more like they need to save a seat for our current President.

It's beyond despicable. Sending men to fight may be necessary, even for the political interests of our nation, but you don't let them be simply lambs to a slaughter, in combat to keep up appearances but destined to lose b/c winning is politically unpalatable for some reason.

it looks more and more like they left those men, and the Ambassador, there holding their own in a desperate struggle while, as he said, the President got a good night's sleep.

Catonahottinroof
10-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Ambassador's being in Benghazi Possibly related to arms funneled to Syria..Fast and Furious ring a bell?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/25/was-syrian-weapons-shipment-factor-in-ambassadors-benghazi-visit/

CattyWampus
10-27-2012, 09:23 PM
I saw this image on Twitter. I hope Obama sees it too.

dan_bgblue
10-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I saw this image on Twitter. I hope Obama sees it too.

Wow! That is a very powerful image. Thanks for sharing

CattyWampus
10-28-2012, 01:53 PM

CitizenBBN
10-28-2012, 02:33 PM

Sums it up pretty well.

The media have a job to do. Apparently it is electing the person they want to see elected, whether he's fit for the office or not and regardless of how much they have to distort the reporting of information to the American people.

jazyd
10-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Brit Hume was on their case today on Chris Wallace show.

Sums it up pretty well.

The media have a job to do. Apparently it is electing the person they want to see elected, whether he's fit for the office or not and regardless of how much they have to distort the reporting of information to the American people.

jazyd
10-28-2012, 08:59 PM
For Penatta to say what he did is disgusting, send in a gunship to rake the enemy and then land the troops.
And watching Chris Wallace show tonight and seeing those two butt hole democrat senators claim the gop is doing nothing but using politics for this and we 'need to wait' until an investigation tells me I am right and that the democrats don't have the balls to do what needs to be done to Obama.
Question, if Obama loses the election, can he be held accountable for his actions and the murder of these 4 men?

Ty Woods is a true hero, and I hope his father talks till he wears out his vocal cords. Nothing offends me more than a politician putting American soldiers in harms way then not backing them up in the fight, sacrificing them for political ends.

There's a special place in hell for politicians who do that, and it looks more and more like they need to save a seat for our current President.

It's beyond despicable. Sending men to fight may be necessary, even for the political interests of our nation, but you don't let them be simply lambs to a slaughter, in combat to keep up appearances but destined to lose b/c winning is politically unpalatable for some reason.

it looks more and more like they left those men, and the Ambassador, there holding their own in a desperate struggle while, as he said, the President got a good night's sleep.

Doc
10-28-2012, 10:22 PM
For Penatta to say what he did is disgusting, send in a gunship to rake the enemy and then land the troops.
And watching Chris Wallace show tonight and seeing those two butt hole democrat senators claim the gop is doing nothing but using politics for this and we 'need to wait' until an investigation tells me I am right and that the democrats don't have the balls to do what needs to be done to Obama.
Question, if Obama loses the election, can he be held accountable for his actions and the murder of these 4 men?

Its funny (not literally but rather figuratively) that when the US went in and killed OBL, Obama was on TV within hours letting the world know. Many thought that dumb because we were gathering and analyzing intelligence at the time but Obama couldn't wait to get the word out. Now in this case, nearly 7 weeks down the line he hasn't commented because he is gathering information. Of course the administration is stonewalling on this as much as they did/are doing with Fast and Furious. I find it odd that intelligence on "good news" flys right down the pipeline while not so good news needs time for analysis.

Doc
10-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I'll add that I don't hold Panetta or Hillary at fault. I despise H.Clinton as much as the next conservative however Obama won the election and with it he won responsibility for his administration. While "poop" rolls downhill, the buck stops with the person in charge. If Obama didn't know he should have. It's his fault for having people serving him who didn't feel this was important enough to consult with him. If he was informed then likewise he made a horrible decision. To me its obvious. The administration does not want to admit that there is unrest in the Middle East. They want to fool the citizens of this nation that all is well. They do not see a "war on terror." They do not feel we are at war. Its why they put trials for captured terrorist in civilian courts. Its why the propagated this lie that the killing was somehow related to a video. A war in the middle east does not fit their narrative of what is happening in the world. They believe that us playing nice is the way to peace and this episode of an attack on our embassy does not follow the script. At this time, Muslims in the Middle East are suppose to love us, or at least not attack and kill us.

KeithKSR
10-28-2012, 11:03 PM

Bankruptcy allows businesses to reorganize and streamline their debt, making it more manageable. Romney wants China to treat us fairly, if they expect us to import huge quantities of their products they need to be willing to import our products, and to not rip off American companies by flooding the American market with cheap inferior knock offs.

A week before 9/11 there was a request for additional security personnel, but the request was denied.

CitizenBBN
10-28-2012, 11:58 PM
Doc I hold them at fault but not to the absence of blame on Obama. In the end he's finally responsible and we're not talking about something 10 steps removed. Video of the attack was available in the White House Situation Room and these are cabinet level positions for which he is directly responsible without any room to equivocate he is responsible for their actions.

at something this serious, operating at the level of an ambassador, intel going directly to the White House, and clear comments by the Sec of Defense they knew at the highest levels what was going on, this is on him period. This was a cabinet level decision regarding an attack on a US embassy. If a President isn't answerable for cabinet level decisions what exactly is left for which he is answerable?

The opposite, that a President is only responsible for things where it can be proven beyond any doubt he knew about and decided, i.e. something for which he admits he knew, is an unacceptable view. A President becomes responsible for nothing wrong his administration does, while able to take credit for everything right. It's laughable and unworkable for holding an elected official responsible.

If this isn't on the President about all that's left is a nuclear launch. that's a laughable position.

No, this is on him. At a cabinet level they allowed a US outpost to be overrun, 4 people to be killed, all b/c of their concerns for political expediency and maybe even to avoid exposure of an operation involving weapons transfers to Syrian rebels.

FWIW that's not conspiracy level. Remember Iran/Contra? We know for a fact the US government engages in covert arms movements between third parties. We also know Israel was used as a third party for arms movements to central America and other places. This kind of process is well established with hard evidence.

This President is directly responsible through his and his cabinet's conscious decisions for the deaths of four people and a successful terrorist attack on US facilities. They allowed a terrorist attack to go on for 7 hours against a US facility intentionally not responding to it.

The necessary evidence is already in, and hasn't been disputed. We had drone intel streaming in real time back to the Pentagon, White House, NSA, etc. and knew what was happening from the outset. We know for a fact the US had the necessary assets to respond including counter terrorism hostage rescue team 2 hours away trained in exactly this kind of scenario. We have the word of a Navy Seal, which stands against about anyone's in my book, they were told to stand down after repeated requests to engage the enemy and that they had laser lock on the attackers and no air support was given that would have destroyed them with a minimum of collateral damage.

Those are facts. The investigation is over. The reasons for their decisions irrelevant. The rest is just details, but the conclusion of responsibility and what that should mean to us as voters is clear and incontrovertible.

ukcatlvr
10-29-2012, 08:02 AM
I don't know if anyone has seen this crap.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/10/25/updating-glenn-talks-to-father-of-navy-seal-killed-during-assault-on-libyan-embassy/

Doc
10-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Doc I hold them at fault but not to the absence of blame on Obama. In the end he's finally responsible and we're not talking about something 10 steps removed. Video of the attack was available in the White House Situation Room and these are cabinet level positions for which he is directly responsible without any room to equivocate he is responsible for their actions.

at something this serious, operating at the level of an ambassador, intel going directly to the White House, and clear comments by the Sec of Defense they knew at the highest levels what was going on, this is on him period. This was a cabinet level decision regarding an attack on a US embassy. If a President isn't answerable for cabinet level decisions what exactly is left for which he is answerable?

The opposite, that a President is only responsible for things where it can be proven beyond any doubt he knew about and decided, i.e. something for which he admits he knew, is an unacceptable view. A President becomes responsible for nothing wrong his administration does, while able to take credit for everything right. It's laughable and unworkable for holding an elected official responsible.

If this isn't on the President about all that's left is a nuclear launch. that's a laughable position.

No, this is on him. At a cabinet level they allowed a US outpost to be overrun, 4 people to be killed, all b/c of their concerns for political expediency and maybe even to avoid exposure of an operation involving weapons transfers to Syrian rebels.

FWIW that's not conspiracy level. Remember Iran/Contra? We know for a fact the US government engages in covert arms movements between third parties. We also know Israel was used as a third party for arms movements to central America and other places. This kind of process is well established with hard evidence.

This President is directly responsible through his and his cabinet's conscious decisions for the deaths of four people and a successful terrorist attack on US facilities. They allowed a terrorist attack to go on for 7 hours against a US facility intentionally not responding to it.

The necessary evidence is already in, and hasn't been disputed. We had drone intel streaming in real time back to the Pentagon, White House, NSA, etc. and knew what was happening from the outset. We know for a fact the US had the necessary assets to respond including counter terrorism hostage rescue team 2 hours away trained in exactly this kind of scenario. We have the word of a Navy Seal, which stands against about anyone's in my book, they were told to stand down after repeated requests to engage the enemy and that they had laser lock on the attackers and no air support was given that would have destroyed them with a minimum of collateral damage.

Those are facts. The investigation is over. The reasons for their decisions irrelevant. The rest is just details, but the conclusion of responsibility and what that should mean to us as voters is clear and incontrovertible.

Did you read my post? I said I hold Obama responsible. I don't hold Clinton or Panetta because they work for Obama. If they (Clinton and Panetta) failed to inform him (Obama) then it falls on Obama for not having folks in his cabinet that would keep him informed. If they (Clinton and Panetta) did inform him (Obama) then it too falls on him since it was his decision.

Catonahottinroof
10-29-2012, 09:10 AM
My own conjecture is the CIA has some dirty business going on over there. This was likely a part of that and the administration didn't want that dirty business exposed. Deny, conceal, yada yada yada. It smells like Iran/Contra to me, Fast and Furious etc.
I get the covert angle and black op aspect, but when folks die and those in the command chain are on record now about help, and denial of that help somebody will pay for that, plain and simple.
When it was viewed by those in the situation room, there is no plausible deniability for the President. He can't claim he didn't know. He didn't act, either by failure to acknowledge or by willful denial.
Very similar to Nixon's Watergate in my opinion. He had knowledge, denied the help then denied he knew.
On another forum I frequent it was put this way....we have satellites that can tell you when a squirrel farts, and what kind of nuts he ate..
It is too far fetched to believe they are investigating anything, they knew from the get-go.
It didn't take but an hour or two to announce Bin Laden had been killed and to announce it to the masses. 49 days and counting to "investigate"....yeah right.

CitizenBBN
10-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Did you read my post? I said I hold Obama responsible. I don't hold Clinton or Panetta because they work for Obama. If they (Clinton and Panetta) failed to inform him (Obama) then it falls on Obama for not having folks in his cabinet that would keep him informed. If they (Clinton and Panetta) did inform him (Obama) then it too falls on him since it was his decision.

Never occurred to me to do that.

I understood you hold Obama responsible and never said you didn't. I said I hold Clinton and Panetta responsible in addition to Obama whereas you hold Obama alone responsible. I was agreeing with you re Obama, just saying individually they are also responsible. More than one person can be culpable without it diminishing the culpability on a single person simply b/c they aren't the only one who should have acted.

Doc
10-29-2012, 11:16 AM
Never occurred to me to do that.

I understood you hold Obama responsible and never said you didn't. I said I hold Clinton and Panetta responsible in addition to Obama whereas you hold Obama alone responsible. I was agreeing with you re Obama, just saying individually they are also responsible. More than one person can be culpable without it diminishing the culpability on a single person simply b/c they aren't the only one who should have acted.

OK, I was just confused because it sounded like you didn't agree yet you agreed with what I said. Sort of had me confused. As I stated, I hold the top man responsible regardless of who made the decision. I can't see any way to not hold him responsible. Guy wants to take credit for everything good that happens but pass the buck whenever its something bad. I have little doubt that Clinton or Panetta went to him with this. If they were informed and didn't bring it to him they would have been terminated (or asked to resign) weeks ago. Who wouldn't "fire" somebody for that big of a screw up? That's why I don't hold them as culpable. They followed orders and did not have any authority to overstep the president. I also have little doubt that the military was told to stand down by the CIC yet a few disregarded that order.

jazyd
10-29-2012, 05:17 PM
I doubt that Clinton or Penatta would have done on their own and if they had, Obama could have used that to fire either of them and come out looking good.

Also, Rush read a blog today by someone who had been in the same type position as the two Cia/Seals and the writer said you don't 'paint' a laser unless there is a armed bomb nearby from the drone or unless the gunship was in the air because the laser has to be activated to a site for something to shoot. If they truly did laser the mortar positions, and either a armed drone or gunship was on site, someone needs to be burned. It will all come out eventually, no way intelligence or certain people are going to take the blame for this. More leaks will continue until their is a hearing on capital hill.

OK, I was just confused because it sounded like you didn't agree yet you agreed with what I said. Sort of had me confused. As I stated, I hold the top man responsible regardless of who made the decision. I can't see any way to not hold him responsible. Guy wants to take credit for everything good that happens but pass the buck whenever its something bad. I have little doubt that Clinton or Panetta went to him with this. If they were informed and didn't bring it to him they would have been terminated (or asked to resign) weeks ago. Who wouldn't "fire" somebody for that big of a screw up? That's why I don't hold them as culpable. They followed orders and did not have any authority to overstep the president. I also have little doubt that the military was told to stand down by the CIC yet a few disregarded that order.

CitizenBBN
10-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Two days after the deadly Libya terror attack, representatives of the FBI and National Counterterrorism Center gave Capitol Hill briefings in which they said the evidence supported an Al Qaeda or Al Qaeda-affiliated attack, Fox News has learned. The description of the attack by those in the Sept. 13 briefings stands in stark contrast to the now controversial briefing on Capitol Hill by CIA Director David Petraeus the following day -- and raises even more questions about why Petraeus described the attack as tied to a demonstration.
The Sept. 13 assessment was based on intercepts that included individuals, believed to have participated in the attack, who were celebratory -- as well as a claim of responsibility.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/29/early-briefing-on-libya-strike-focused-on-al-qaeda-before-story-changed/#ixzz2Aqd4DbmC

So the FBI already knew it was Al Queda, even from intercepted messages, then the story got completely reversed the next day by the Administration. in the FBI briefing there was nothing about a demonstration or any other cause.

From the article there are apparently Al Queda bases outside Benghazi and the FBI briefed Congress that Benghazi was a hotbed of Al Queda, which raises all the more questions about our lack of security in the first place and makes the youtube defense laughable.

We aren't some pitiful nation groping in the dark. We are intercepting their communications, satellites are watching them, we know about the risks in and around Benghazi.

We allowed lax security and an attack with no response knowing full well Al Queda was a threat there and they were attacking our people.

Catonahottinroof
10-31-2012, 05:20 AM
It also makes one wonder. We stood idle while Egypt destabilized, took part in Libya's smack down of Quaddafi. How are those decisions working out? Both areas are now active Muslim Brotherhood strongholds. It's almost enough to think that group has a sympathizer in the Whitehouse.

This whole situation smells. Watergate smells.

jazyd
10-31-2012, 08:13 AM
I have thought this since he was elected. He calls the PM of Israel a liar, he does not visit that country, he visits all the Arab countries, he bows to a Arab, he has brotherhood visiters often to his office, he won't call the Fort Hood attack for what it was, Obama may not be a muslim, but he is darn close to it.

It also makes one wonder. We stood idle while Egypt destabilized, took part in Libya's smack down of Quaddafi. How are those decisions working out? Both areas are now active Muslim Brotherhood strongholds. It's almost enough to think that group has a sympathizer in the Whitehouse.

Doc
10-31-2012, 10:07 AM
solid take on it from Judge Jeanine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg-e71IDAUw

CattyWampus
10-31-2012, 10:08 AM

During the beginning of the Arab Spring uprisings, I saw a discussion about the need to replace the dictators in the region. I don't remember who said it, but the one prescient statement I heard was , "Maybe it's important for these dictators to be overthrown, but it's more important to know who or what will be replacing them." That doesn't seem to be all that important to the Obama regime, or does it? Since the White House logs show numerous visits over the last two years by known members and associates of the Muslim Brotherhood, maybe Obama knew exactly who would rise to power in each of those countries.

CitizenBBN
10-31-2012, 04:15 PM
He's like every other Leftist, an apologist for America who sees us as imperalistic and to blame for many of the world's problems.

People need to read their stuff. Violence against the US is brought on by our own violence and policies. I'm not making this up, it's right out of the leftist handbook. Some of our old members will remember an American poster living in Australia who spouted this stuff all the time.

Obama brings that same foreign naivety to the table. Leftism contends the violence against a person is brought on by their violence. ban guns and the violence will go down. Don't send in troops to Benghazi and we'll get along fine. There's a theme here.

It's a fundamentally naive, hippie mentality that is proven wrong over and over in world history. I'm a student of Realpolitik, not of some ideology of guilt that America is the most powerful nation the planet has ever seen.

There's a time for winning hearts and minds and a time for killing them all and letting God sort them out, and with Al Queda this is the time for the latter.

CitizenBBN
10-31-2012, 04:20 PM
CattyWampus -- I definitely didn't want Mubarak out in Egypt. We've had a good deal with Egypt since Nassar and now Egypt has become a rogue state and we have little leverage.

At a time when we are reverting to Israel being our only ally in the region we have a President putting as much distance as possible between us. Again, the Leftist mentality of making nice with your enemies b/c they're only your enemies b/c of your own actions.

Catonahottinroof
11-01-2012, 06:08 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/31/exclusive-us-memo-warned-libya-consulate-couldnt-withstand-coordinated-attack/

And of course the MSM is all in on this topic for Obama.

This also makes me wonder what else will leak heading to Election Day. Whoever leaked this may have much more...

CattyWampus
11-01-2012, 06:37 AM