PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou

Catonahottinroof
10-23-2012, 02:26 PM
New SEC team in the schedule, border state to us, 2nd SEC team to be such.
Will they be a rival? How will we handle their spread?
Discuss.

SalsaKat
10-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Will they be a rival? If we step up and get our program into shape to make some good matchups with them, sure. Being the "northern" schools of a southern conference might give us a lot of commonality. It seems like a natural fit to me.

How will we handle their spread? Pull a Jeff Gillooly on James Franklin if he even starts looking better. Problem is they have some wicked receivers and our secondary plays like a bunch of freshmen. Because they are literally all freshmen. You don't need a proven quarterback to hit a receiver if the DBs can't stay within 10 yards. But regardless, I like our chances a lot better with their backup taking snaps and I daresay I may even have a bit of hope.

Catonahottinroof
10-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I have no hope we can handle the spread. We can't against any other team either.
I see them as a bball rival as they will substitute one K(ansas) for another K(entucky). We will beat them down on the hardwood and the hatred will begin :)

SalsaKat
10-23-2012, 04:14 PM
^^^ The key difference there is that their fans might actually give a crap about us beating them in basketball and hope to return the favor, which is untrue of the rest of the conference save maybe Vanderbilt.

suncat05
10-25-2012, 10:24 AM
I just don't see Kentucky winning the football game @ Missouri, especially without a QB & with such a weak set of DB's.
I honestly do not see us winning an SEC football game this season.

CatinIL
10-25-2012, 11:37 AM
They need to learn to refer to Kentucky as "UK"...not "KU". I always enjoy correcting them on that.

Mizzou fan..."Oh, you went to KU?"
CatinIL..."No, I went to Kentucky"
Mizzou fan..."You know what I mean"
CatinIL then points to the west and says...
"No, Kansas is in that direction..."
CatinIL then points to the east and says...
"Kentucky is in that direction"

suncat05
10-26-2012, 03:53 PM
It's all the same to them. They don't even know the difference between a Wildcat and a glorified chickenhawk, don't ya know?? :p

Darrell KSR
10-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I was just saying I don't remember when it has been more quiet the week of a game than this week.

With Franklin out (I think), UK will stand a better chance, but I don't see this being a close game. UK matches up better with Georgia's offense than they do Missouri's offense, I believe. I know that sounds stupid, but it's the style of straight ahead versus spread that wreaks havoc.

I hope I'm wrong and it's a good game, with the good guys winning. We need it.

CatinIL
10-26-2012, 07:53 PM
I was just saying I don't remember when it has been more quiet the week of a game than this week.

With Franklin out (I think), UK will stand a better chance, but I don't see this being a close game. UK matches up better with Georgia's offense than they do Missouri's offense, I believe. I know that sounds stupid, but it's the style of straight ahead versus spread that wreaks havoc.

I hope I'm wrong and it's a good game, with the good guys winning. We need it.

Darrell, I know in StL it's all about the StL Cardinals, then the Rams (they stink) and the Blues (STRIKE season AGAIN!). It just isn't a big deal in StL...which is the biggest city in the state. Not that that will make a difference in the game, but in MO, It's all about the Redbirds...

Darrell KSR
10-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Good point, CatinIL.

truecatsfan
10-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Two bad teams. Someone will get there first SEC win this season. We have played horrible this year on the road.

Catonahottinroof
10-27-2012, 08:22 AM
I hope we can get a win. We can't defend the speed to the outside and Mizzou has a little of that.
They are equivalent to Vanderbilt in my mind and that is a level above UK right now.

Darrell KSR
10-27-2012, 08:31 AM
I do too. I need a win. I an sure the boys in blue need it worse than I do.

BigBluePappy
10-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Damn.