PDA

View Full Version : In a nutshell

cattails
10-23-2012, 08:21 AM
98% of Americans won't want to hear this, but it is the cold simple hard facts. The power players, the ones that have serious money, the ones that in truth control our economy need to have a reason to put their money in play. Power players have no reason to put their money in play if they can't get a nice return, it's just a simple fact. These people can live off the interest alone and have no risk for generations to come. We can all bitch about the rich getting richer all we want but that is what drives the working class to have jobs. To many people want a level playing field, well wake up America it is not a level playing field that drives the economy. Even the small business owners need a reason to keep their doors open and adding to the cost to run a small business only causes more doors to close. Obama wants to spread the wealth, well guess what, it doesn't work that way. If the rich don't get richer and small business' turn a nice profit then the economy will fail, just as it is now. Is it a perfect world.....................no, but you have to pick your poison. Bite your nose off to spit your face or accept the fact that this is the way it works.

jazyd
10-23-2012, 09:13 AM
How did you say it to me yesterday
Keep on preachin brother, keep on preachin. No profit, no return, no jobs. I want a lot of people to get rich, I would much prefer people get rich over sitting on their lazy butts with their hands stretched out as far as they can.

badrose
10-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Trickle down is a wonderful thing. Anyone with ambition and energy can make a good living when the middle class on up has disposable income.

Lawn and landscaping, maid & janitorial service, personal training, mobile car washers, massage therapists, wait service (more & better tips), upholstery, home repair & improvement, etc.(feel free to add to this list) All of these and more can flourish when those at the top half feel comfortable. When things start to get tight a lot of these services dry up.

cattails
10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Both you guys are dead on right, equal is not a word in the economy, trickle down is the answer, wish we had a president that understood that. Hey we might just get lucky.