PDA

View Full Version : I know there is at least one Center Grad here

dan_bgblue
02-27-2015, 08:36 PM
and there may be others. Larry V has a story on Amnews about a die hard Cat fan that was a professor there, and passed away recently. Everyone may like the story, but it may be more special to anyone that knew Larry's friend

http://vaughtsviews.com/sports/college/uk/basketball/year-old-fan-margie-hazelrigg-will-be-missed-for-many/article_aaab0c3a-beaf-11e4-9482-dbf15a8abdc2.html

elicat
02-27-2015, 09:09 PM
and there may be others. '

My wife is one, class of 1982. I'm going to post the link on her Facebook, since I'm away from home tonight. She'll enjoy it.

KSRBEvans
03-01-2015, 07:31 PM
I had the great pleasure to take Dr. Hazelrigg's British Literature I and II classes. He was just teaching part-time when I was there in the mid 80s, but he was a brilliant English scholar and even greater gentleman. You felt very lucky if you had the opportunity to take one of his classes.

He and his wife also taught a Ballroom Dancing class, which they did just for fun and was always well-attended. I was given the great honor of being permitted to dance the Foxtrot with Mrs. Hazelrigg; Dr. Hazelrigg didn't entrust her toes to just anyone. ;) I rewarded his faith by guiding her around the dance floor without incident.

The Hazelriggs were a large part of what made Centre special back then. RIP.