PDA

View Full Version : Get them befiore they are all gone

dan_bgblue
02-26-2015, 04:33 PM
Ammo for AR-15 the 5.56mm is going bye bye (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/26/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/)

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/obama-to-ban-bullets-by-executive-action-threatens-top-selling-ar-15-rifle/article/2560750?utm_campaign=Fox%20News&utm_source=foxnews.com&utm_medium=feed

CitizenBBN
02-26-2015, 04:49 PM
They're sure going to' try. Obvious activism by Obama to effectively ban guns by banning ammo.

the push to ban lead ammo is on one side, this now bans lead ammo as "armor piercing" which is nonsense. Try to drive up the price, limit the market, do anything to curtail us from clinging to our guns and religion.

The good news is that any executive action done with the wave of his pen can be undone with equal ease, we just need to get someone in there who will do it.

suncat05
02-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Yeah, they're going to drive the price through the roof, as if it isn't high enough already.

January 2017 just cannot get here soon enough for my liking. This Communist Kenyan, Muslim sympathizing, Constitution & freedom abusing POS is one guy that I have had my fill of already. I can't stand this guy and all of his BS. Why can't he just leave all of us alone?
And I am tired of all of the talking head cowards in Congress too. All they do is talk. All talk and no positive action for the American citizens.
The soap box isn't working. The ballot box isn't working. There aren't many more options left.

suncat05
02-27-2015, 09:42 AM
Does anyone here remember the time when you could by 1000 rounds of 5.56/.223 for just over $100.00? All that went bye-bye after 9-11-2001. And it's been climbing ever since. Yeah, you can find a discount/sale price once in a while, but the pre-attack prices are a distant memory as of now.
I hate what these no-good, two faced, lying, scheming, treacherous, traitorous scumbags in Congress and Washington D.C. are doing. The average American citizen has few voices in their corner there anymore.

bigsky
02-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Does anyone here remember the time when you could by 1000 rounds of 5.56/.223 for just over $100.00? All that went bye-bye after 9-11-2001. And it's been climbing ever since. Yeah, you can find a discount/sale price once in a while, but the pre-attack prices are a distant memory as of now. I hate what these no-good, two faced, lying, scheming, treacherous, traitorous scumbags in Congress and Washington D.C. are doing. The average American citizen has few voices in their corner there anymore. Me. I also remember buying .22 rim fire by the brick
for next to nothing and blowing
off 500 in an afternoon shooting gophers. I've had and reloaded .222s and .220 and 22.250. The President is doing a good job of sinking election hopes for democrats in the west and south with his crazy ammo talk.

jazyd
02-27-2015, 09:49 PM
When is someone going to take it to court and all the way to the Supreme Court? By the way I agree with sun cats description of obama

suncat05
02-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Me. I also remember buying .22 rim fire by the brick
for next to nothing and blowing
off 500 in an afternoon shooting gophers. I've had and reloaded .222s and .220 and 22.250. The President is doing a good job of sinking election hopes for democrats in the west and south with his crazy ammo talk.

I cannot even find a brick of .22 rimfire around here. Haven't seen any, except for the rare occasion, and then the price is like big game ammo. A brick of .22 rimfire used to go for $15 to $19. Now, you cannot even find it.

KeithKSR
02-28-2015, 08:28 PM
I cannot even find a brick of .22 rimfire around here. Haven't seen any, except for the rare occasion, and then the price is like big game ammo. A brick of .22 rimfire used to go for $15 to $19. Now, you cannot even find it.

I saw boxes of 50 today selling for $9.95.

bigsky
02-28-2015, 09:44 PM
And I forgot I like to shoot my 22 rimfire magnum too. Now .22 lr is as expensive as those used to be

suncat05
03-01-2015, 07:33 AM
I saw .22LR advertised in Sportsman's Guide.........50 rounds for $8.54. Just outrageous

Darrell KSR
03-03-2015, 09:25 AM
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/27/so-really-where-is-the-22-rimfire-ammo/

CitizenBBN
03-03-2015, 02:13 PM
22 is definitely a function of demand and production. CCI is turning out about 1 million rounds a day iirc, and as that story says running 24/7 at the plant, still not enough.

they're afraid to open new plants and they take years to build anyway, but I'm not sure demand is going down. Gun sales are at an all time high, more people than ever are getting into shooting, and 22 is by far the most popular caliber for that kind of shooting. There's a fair amount of hoarding out there, but I still think we're seeing some long term demand in the equation as well.

Darrell KSR
03-03-2015, 02:19 PM
22 is definitely a function of demand and production. CCI is turning out about 1 million rounds a day iirc, and as that story says running 24/7 at the plant, still not enough.

they're afraid to open new plants and they take years to build anyway, but I'm not sure demand is going down. Gun sales are at an all time high, more people than ever are getting into shooting, and 22 is by far the most popular caliber for that kind of shooting. There's a fair amount of hoarding out there, but I still think we're seeing some long term demand in the equation as well.

Surely they'd increase some. Might do it conservatively, to address the possible hoarding possibility, but this isn't the kind of thing that goes backwards.

suncat05
03-03-2015, 02:59 PM
I darn sure am not seeing any bricks of. 22LR around here, anywhere around here. I have a few bricks of it squirreled away, but that denies me the opportunity to do the amount of practicing that I like to do because I need to have that available for any possible emergency situations that may possibly arise.

Guns & gun parts can be judiciously kept. But you can never, ever have enough ammunition. There is just no way you can have enough.

KeithKSR
03-05-2015, 09:06 AM
I darn sure am not seeing any bricks of. 22LR around here, anywhere around here. I have a few bricks of it squirreled away, but that denies me the opportunity to do the amount of practicing that I like to do because I need to have that available for any possible emergency situations that may possibly arise.

Guns & gun parts can be judiciously kept. But you can never, ever have enough ammunition. There is just no way you can have enough.

I'm like you. I've been very judicious with what I had pre-shortage. I've got boxes of cheap Berdan primed 7.62x39 with prices ranging from $1.99 I bought a decade ago to $6.95 for some I bought last weekend.

It took me six months to find ammo in stock for my deer rifle. I use Remington CoreLokt .30-06, so it's not like it was a rare cartridge.

suncat05
03-11-2015, 09:27 AM
Well, it looks like the ATF has temporarily backed off on its plan. But have no fear, they'll be back to try another new ploy against us.
The ATF managed to get the attention of both houses of Congress and received a nastygram from each, and also received hundreds of thousands of e-mails from angry firearms owners during the open comment period after the announcement.
Why do we even have an BATFE? Or Homeland Security? Or a federal Department of Education? Or the Environmental Protection Agency? Every one of these agencies needs to be eliminated and all of their employees terminated. Just think of all that money saved that could be applied to the national deficit.

KeithKSR
03-13-2015, 11:54 PM
I saw .22LR advertised in Sportsman's Guide.........50 rounds for $8.54. Just outrageous

I found some boxes of 50 .22 LR in a new local gun shop for $3.95.

Darrell KSR
03-18-2015, 10:09 AM
Attorney generals say, don't you try that again.

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/alabama-joins-22-states-in-urging-atf-to-permanently-abandon-ar-15-ammo-ban/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Shelby+say+Bentley+tax+hikes+could+hur t+Alabama%27s+economy&utm_campaign=20150318_m124929710_Wednesday%2C+Marc h+18th%2C+2015&utm_term=Read+more___

CitizenBBN
03-18-2015, 07:49 PM
One of the biggest fears was the basis for the ban. The argument was there are now "pistols" that fire the 5.56mm round, and since it can go through standard bullet proof vests it's now a threat.

The problem is that about any rifle hunting round will go through a standard issue vest, and the "pistols" in question are afaik all just scaled down rifles and are not something like a carry gun a criminal would tuck in a pocket. The Kel Tec, Bushmaster, etc. AR-pistols are all still pretty big, could hide them in a coat but really they're just shorter barrel ARs with no shoulder stock, and any fool can do that with an existing rifle. Further, they've been around for years, so why the sudden move?

The answer is of course it's a step to banning ammo for the anti-gunners most hated gun, the AR. If the standard is ammo that will go through a vest the list is a long one (unfortunately), and there is no reason to restrict it to just "pistols", but conveniently there are 7.62x39mm "pistols" as well, and all the foreign ammo that feeds them would undoubtedly qualify for a ban. Bye bye to the two most popular assault rifles in the world.

Combined with the move to ban lead bullets and it looks like a pincer movement to gun folks, and rightly so IMO. If you can't ban the guns, ban the ammo.

KeithKSR
03-22-2015, 01:45 PM
Stunts like this are good for AR sales and 5.56/.223 ammo sales. I know it makes me want an AR even more.