PDA

View Full Version : This is what we have been reduced to under Joker

ColonelSteve
10-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Used to be whenever we played a top ranked team close we were getting better...now...well thats a different story

Lexington, Ky. – Georgia got a gift Saturday afternoon. Florida beat South Carolina, re-opening the door to SEC championship game for the Bulldogs, who had lost to the Gamecocks by four touchdowns two weeks ago. This should have spurred the recipients to make light work of a Kentucky team that’s bad even by Kentucky standards, but Georgia was in a re-gifting mood.

The Wildcats entered the game ranked last in the SEC in rushing offense and next-to-last in total offense. The benevolent Bulldogs allowed Kentucky to move the ball, which was surprising, and score a quick touchdown, which was stop-the-presses stuff. Not since November 2010, or 20 games ago, had the ‘Cats managed a first-quarter offensive TD. And now here was Georgia, with all its NFL prospects minus the injured Jarvis Jones and with its $825,000 defensive coordinator, making a 1-6 opponent look like a real team.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2012/10/20/a-weird-night-in-kentucky-uga-wins-but-doesnt-impress/

Darrell KSR
10-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Just remember, that's Mark Bradley writing. If you don't know his history, you should. He is vehemently against Kentucky, whether it's football, basketball, or men's Rifle.

And a University of Kentucky graduate who is admittedly a Louisville fan.

Makes Jerry Tipton look positively PollyAnnaish.

Your point may be valid, but don't make it with a Mark Bradley column.

ColonelSteve
10-21-2012, 10:34 AM
Just remember, that's Mark Bradley writing. If you don't know his history, you should. He is vehemently against Kentucky, whether it's football, basketball, or men's Rifle.

And a University of Kentucky graduate who is admittedly a Louisville fan.

Makes Jerry Tipton look positively PollyAnnaish.

Your point may be valid, but don't make it with a Mark Bradley column.

I was not aware of that...what the hell is wrong with him? UK grad thats a Louisville fan? He needs to be in a mental institution

Darrell KSR
10-21-2012, 10:59 AM
Colonel, take a look at his own Atlanta Journal Constitution Blog. He admits that part. Some of the comments under it are pretty pointed, too, although you've got some UL fans and such in there praising the clown.

http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/about/

He has a reputation as a good writer. He also has a reputation as a Jack***, and has been extremely critical of all things UK. Just crazy.

(By the way, I still think you're right. Just I wouldn't use this guy; I like Jerry Tipton 100x better.)

Catonahottinroof
10-21-2012, 01:04 PM
He's jealous of UK's success in basketball as most of their fans tend to be.