PDA

View Full Version : A small, but very important difference

badrose
10-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Obama campaign accepted foreign Web donation -- and may be hiding more

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/bam_blind_eye_to_illegal_donors_8SWotytr1RvbhyDCRy yrEL

Excerpt:

Walker said he used his actual street address in England but entered Arkansas as his state with the Schenectady, NY, ZIP code of 12345.

“When I did Romney’s, the payment got rejected on the grounds that the address on the card did not match the address that I entered,” he said. “Romney’s Web site wanted the code from the back of card. Barack Obama’s didn’t.”

In September, Obama’s campaign took in more than $2 million from donors who provided no ZIP code or incomplete ZIP codes, according to data posted on the Federal Election Commission Web site.

cattails
10-21-2012, 08:42 AM
And please tell me you didn't find this shocking? More of the same.

jazyd
10-21-2012, 11:33 AM
crooked Chicago politics

but badrose, can we see the rest of the picture :)

CitizenBBN
10-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Any candidate should have to give back/donate away every penny that cannot be explicitly audited and verified as coming from a specific US citizen.

dan_bgblue
10-21-2012, 08:49 PM
CBBN is there not a campaign funding law that forces them to do just that?

CitizenBBN
10-21-2012, 09:11 PM

I thought so b/c you have to be able to show you didn't exceed the maximums, but if it goes to PACs and such they may have loopholes. Obviously it's a complete violation of the whole point of campaign finance laws.

jazyd
10-21-2012, 11:40 PM
I think there is, but look who is doing this and who runs the country. Even if they did something it would be after the election. He is simply a Chicago crook

ColonelSteve
10-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Are you serious? Do you honestly believe that Romney is any better than Obama? Romney has swiss bank accounts to avoid paying taxes...theyre both crooked...it's ridiculous how Americans ignore facts just to blindly stand by a political party...they both suck...even the 3rd parties suck...the faster this country realizes that the better this country will be.

cattails
10-26-2012, 09:10 AM
Are you serious? Do you honestly believe that Romney is any better than Obama? Romney has swiss bank accounts to avoid paying taxes...theyre both crooked...it's ridiculous how Americans ignore facts just to blindly stand by a political party...they both suck...even the 3rd parties suck...the faster this country realizes that the better this country will be.

Steve it is my understanding that Romney will still pay taxes, yes USA taxes on any money he makes with the money he has outside the US. The one thing Romney has going for him is he knows how to run a business and that is what government is a big business. Romney doesn't need to be crooked, he is rich already. After the debates I liked him more. My main goal in the election is get Obamacare out of there, I fear it will crash our country with more people shutting down their business and more people out of work. I have watched our health insurance rise 3 fold. I to wish we had a better person running against Obama, but we have what we have.