PDA

View Full Version : Ash Wdenesday

suncat05
02-19-2015, 11:51 AM
One of the ladies here at the Courthouse reminded me that there was a Mass last night at our local Catholic Church for Ash Wednesday, which denotes the beginning of Lent for those of us of the Catholic faith. I told her thanks and that I would remind my lovely bride.
So I called her and asked her if she wanted to go to Mass over here instead of where we usually attend and she said sure. "But I need to stop at the store and get a big bottle of water." "What? They'll have water at church, Momma. What are you going to need water for?" "Just in case you burst into flames when you walk inside the church doors!" To which I retorted........."there ain't enough water to put out that kinda fire!".

I swear, I think she sometimes tries to make me feel like the biggest sinner on earth!

Darrell KSR
02-19-2015, 12:24 PM
Lol.

PedroDaGr8
02-19-2015, 02:55 PM
One of the ladies here at the Courthouse reminded me that there was a Mass last night at our local Catholic Church for Ash Wednesday, which denotes the beginning of Lent for those of us of the Catholic faith. I told her thanks and that I would remind my lovely bride.
So I called her and asked her if she wanted to go to Mass over here instead of where we usually attend and she said sure. "But I need to stop at the store and get a big bottle of water." "What? They'll have water at church, Momma. What are you going to need water for?" "Just in case you burst into flames when you walk inside the church doors!" To which I retorted........."there ain't enough water to put out that kinda fire!".

I swear, I think she sometimes tries to make me feel like the biggest sinner on earth!

Very funny! As I went to mass last night, I had the same thought.