PDA

View Full Version : Love this plan: have community leaders take police tests on use of force

CitizenBBN
02-12-2015, 07:20 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/12/shoot-or-dont-shoot-police-scenarios-prove-eye-opening-for-civil-rights-leaders/?intcmp=latestnews

You never know a man till you walk a mile in his shoes. With the high tech video scenario systems available to LEOs, I love taking non-officers through those scenarios and let them try to understand how hard it is to make those decisions on use of force in a split second in the real world.

Is that a knife? A spoon? A gun? Is he coming at you to attack or b/c he's just confused?

I like the idea of these leaders trying to see the other side, and commend the Houston Black Panther leader for doing it and being honest in his comments. heck, I want to hug the guy, b/c those are the steps that could REALLY help heal a nation and make us color blind. Him coming halfway is the kind of thing both sides need to do to, and eventually there is no divide.

jazyd
02-12-2015, 09:53 PM
Sharpton, Jackson, they need to take it.

While they still were critical of the police, they now understand it is better to do what you are told

suncat05
02-13-2015, 09:20 AM
We go through these "shoot-don't shoot" training scenarios a couple of times a year here. Not nearly enough, as far as I'm concerned. None of us who are working officers get enough training, period.