PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joes Cobb Salad

PedroDaGr8
02-12-2015, 01:58 PM
Damn I love these. Just an FYI for those of you out there trying to cut weight. Sometimes you need a meal in a pinch and if there is a Trader Joes nearby check out this salad. It's not perfect, pretty high in fat (28g) and cholesterol (140mg) so if you have to watch those due to heart disease or whatever it's a no go. Otherwise its low calorie (only 380), reasonable carbs (10g), HIGH in protein (a whopping 23g) and overall I think it is quite healthy. Plus its damn delicious, with ranch, blue cheese, bacon and an egg, and damn filling to boot. I usually don't get full from salads but with this one I do. Trader Joes has a variety of salads premade that are tasty but watch the calories (some are pretty heavy). Much better than going and getting a couple of burgers and fries.

KSRBEvans
02-15-2015, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the tip--we have a TJ's here in Louisville and sometimes there's so much stuff to try, it's easy to miss out.

Darrell KSR
02-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Sounds great. We don't have one, but Trader Joes is coming this Fall to Birmingham. I could wait until then before I eat again and be fine.

CitizenBBN
02-15-2015, 03:41 PM
We have one, but not very close for me. I have been hitting Newk's, there's a new one close to work and they have good salads.

I love salads, should eat them more than I do of late.

PedroDaGr8
02-17-2015, 03:00 PM
I love salads, should eat them more than I do of late. Until a couple of years ago, I hated salads with a passion. It's only recently that I have flipped and started loving salads. For me though, I still hate plain boring salads in particular I have a hatred of plain lettuce that borders on avarice. Give me a spinach salad any day of the week.

Darrell KSR
02-17-2015, 03:51 PM
I had a chopped turkey salad from Subway Sunday night that was pretty good. I have them throw everything in it, including both lettuce and spinach, bell peppers, banana peppers, black olives, jalapenos, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and you name it. Really, I think I got everything they had on the veggie side. I did splurge and add cheese to it, but that was really the only indulgence.

It is so juicy I don't get any salad dressing on it.

Now, with that salad, I found a couple hours later I was hungry again, but even a decent little snack that isn't too calorie intensive, and I've still done great with calories.

PedroDaGr8
03-02-2015, 09:50 AM
Found another good one from there. The Asian influenced chicken salad (oddly, they have two called chicken salad, one that is normal and this one which has a gold Chinese letter in the background). This one might be better for those watching your fat intake. It's 340 calories with dressing, 3g of fat, 65mg of cholesterol and an incredible 30g of protein. Plus it's damn tasty, not as creamy as the cobb salad but still very tasty and damn filling.