PDA

View Full Version : Louisvilles mayor is going public with wanting an NBA team

ColonelSteve
10-20-2012, 08:04 AM
This is closer to becoming a reality, the Kings are wanting to move and the word has Louisville has become the frontrunner because of the Yum Center, shortly after the Sacramento mayor was in town, Fisher had a closed door meeting with Tom Jurich...a meeting which Jurich left reportedly VERY upset, the CJ and national media has really started to pick up this story up and even Oscar Combs tweeted that he was hearing that this is closer to happening than we all realize and then went on to tweet his support, Calipari has offered his support to a team moving to the Bluegrass saying that it helped the Memphis Tigers when the Grizzles move because it grew the interest in basketball. Anyone I noticed this article today, that says city officials are going to Oklahoma City...could it be they are looking into how they were able to attract the Sonics and how they were able to become a strong franchise in a "small" market? One can only help

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20121019/COLUMNISTS01/310190130/1002/Tim-Sullivan-Louisville-should-take-hard-look-Oklahoma-City-NBA-plan?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|s

ColonelSteve
10-20-2012, 01:30 PM
BTW for those who say it's too expensive to go to NBA games, couple weeks ago it was tweeted that the Bucks were selling tickets as low as $17.50, and today the Pacers are offering tickets as low as $15.50...that is MUCH lower than tickets at Rupp and honestly seating wise at the Yum Center, that's not a bad price at all, the nosebleed sections arent THAT bad

Catonahottinroof
10-20-2012, 02:01 PM
The Chum Bucket is swimming in red ink. UL needs to relent its sweetheart deal. Bad business on the part of the city letting it happen.

ColonelSteve
10-20-2012, 02:10 PM
The Chum Bucket is swimming in red ink. UL needs to relent its sweetheart deal. Bad business on the part of the city letting it happen.

Oh yeah, there was a reason that KY State Fair Board was removed and its chairman fired, they NEVER should have allowed that, but without the support of UofL and no NBA team in place, they had to give them something to justify building it, god forbid you have another AlamoDome disaster where you build it for a pro team that never comes

CitizenBBN
10-20-2012, 05:03 PM

Yep, their greed brought this on themselves. They've created the financial pressure on the city that will finally overwhelm their political weight.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. UL is going to be served with some scrambled eggs if they don't relent to the pressure and renegotiate, and I'm sure the NBA threat is being used to try to get that to happen.

CitizenBBN
10-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah, there was a reason that KY State Fair Board was removed and its chairman fired, they NEVER should have allowed that, but without the support of UofL and no NBA team in place, they had to give them something to justify building it, god forbid you have another AlamoDome disaster where you build it for a pro team that never comes

Instead they built it for a college team that can't possibly play enough home games to justify what you're paying them.

Catfan73
10-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Yep, their greed brought this on themselves. They've created the financial pressure on the city that will finally overwhelm their political weight.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. UL is going to be served with some scrambled eggs if they don't relent to the pressure and renegotiate, and I'm sure the NBA threat is being used to try to get that to happen.

It's definitely a power play. The city has tried to reason with Ramsey and Jurich but haven't gotten any relief, so now they're taking the fight public. I hope they get a team just so I can watch the veins pop on Pitino's head during the press conference.

MickintheHam
10-21-2012, 09:54 PM
I believe you can thank Mayor for Life Abe for this disaster. Certainly he can't mess up anything in Frankfort!

ColonelSteve
10-22-2012, 07:59 PM
It's definitely a power play. The city has tried to reason with Ramsey and Jurich but haven't gotten any relief, so now they're taking the fight public. I hope they get a team just so I can watch the veins pop on Pitino's head during the press conference.

Maybe not...WHAS asked him about this...check the 1:50 mark for his surprising response, he says it's not that he doesnt want it to happen, he doesnt see if happening...but hes willing to help in any way...aka...offer him a coaching or GM job and he's all for it

http://www.whas11.com/sports/One-on-one-with-Rick-Pitino-174634001.html

ShoesSwayedBlue
10-22-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm telling you, between the Yum being a financial disaster and no power conference wanting U of L football, the sand they've built their athletics department on is beginning to shift...fast.