PDA

View Full Version : Not shocking, but nice to see more confirmation...

badrose
02-08-2015, 09:08 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/globalwarming/11395516/The-fiddling-with-temperature-data-is-the-biggest-science-scandal-ever.html

CitizenBBN
02-08-2015, 09:24 PM
But he chose that particular stretch of the Arctic because it is where ice is affected by warmer water brought in by cyclical shifts in a major Atlantic current – this last peaked at just the time 75 years ago when Arctic ice retreated even further than it has done recently. The ice-melt is not caused by rising global temperatures at all. Of much more serious significance, however, is the way this wholesale manipulation of the official temperature record – for reasons GHCN and Giss have never plausibly explained – has become the real elephant in the room of the greatest and most costly scare the world has known. This really does begin to look like one of the greatest scientific scandals of all time.

Sums it up pretty well.

Global warming is the greatest con job in human history. I believe we are not alone in the galaxy, and would guess there are thousands upon thousands of sentient species out there, and id' be shocked if any of them have come up with a con this big either. it's a global boondoggle driven by the need for government to justify massive expansion of their control over the people and vie for their piece of the pie. Whether it is the EPA here wanting to regulate everything in their line of sight or the third world trying to argue for clamps on competitor's economies and wholesale wealth transfers, they are all in this together b/c it gets them the justification for their actions.

Humans need to stop polluting, but this global warming thing where we are on the cusp of ending civilization if we don't grant the government massive control and tolerate economic suffering is just crap. Pure nonsense.

The biggest irony of all is that, to the extent we are maybe adding warming influences to the planetary system, we seem to be SAVING the planet by offsetting a cooling period. We may be stabilizing the earth's temperatures, not sending them out of whack.

blueboss
02-10-2015, 04:31 PM
The north east has been complaining about global warming for the last month. It must be warm water currents sweeping down through the center of Canada causing all this warm weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
02-12-2015, 01:48 PM
I find this comment pretty persuasive. Or maybe persuasive isn't the right word, but I believe it.

"If 97% of scientists believe that global warming is real, and humans play a role in it, 100% believe it has nearly stopped."

I paraphrased. Don't sue me; I didn't click back to get exact quotes.

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2014/11/18/if-97-of-scientists-say-global-warming-is-real-100-say-it-has-nearly-stopped/

Basically, no global warming for 18-1/2 years, which includes the entire period this has been a "thing," meaning, it isn't a "thing." Really never was a "thing," at least to the extent trumpeted. Alarmists took a little truth, expanded it, and then ignored other data that showed it wasn't relevant.

cattails
02-12-2015, 03:03 PM
I remember coaching my Little League team in February and it was 70 something degrees and that was 31 or so years ago. The USA is a small part of the globe, do you think other countries are doing anything to control air pollution? My friend that is a pilot for UPS says you should fly into China and other countries and see the black sky. So do we really think our part has really made a difference? It's supposed to be 4 degrees later next week or this weekend, this global warming is killing me.

CitizenBBN
02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Great read Darrell. A key part for me, one I've espoused here many times:

The fact humans play a role in the enhancing the greenhouse effect leading to global warming is hardly actionable. The relevant questions are “How?” and “How much?”

The answers to these questions (and the specifics and details) are required to inform policy decisions. And, with regard to these, the science is most definitely not settled.

this is the key. At the margin every cow burp may add to "greenhouse gases", that doesn't mean Bessie will cause Antarctica to collapse. Man may have some impact on global climate, but how and how much is not clear at all, and that is the whole crux of the issue as far as policy is concerned.

If our impact is so slight that banning all fossil fuels in America doesn't impact temperatures more than .001 degrees, then there's no reason to ban them at all. That's the nasty truth the Left and the Third World don't want people to understand, that good policy requires solvency to be viable.

Even if you establish risk, if your policy doesn't solve that risk (and if you can't prove causality you can bet there is no solvency), then that policy must be rejected even if there is risk, b/c it does nothing to address the risk and becomes meaningless. When it's a policy that inflicts economic suicide on a great nation, then all the worse.

jazyd
02-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Did Brian Williams write the story

cattails
02-15-2015, 11:11 AM
Middle of the week -9 and Thursday 0, this globing warming is killing me in Kentucky. :sAng_banghead2: