PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Jenner Decided to Become a Woman

cattails
02-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Heard this on the news, this world is going to hell in a hand basket. Not sorry I just don't buy into this stuff.

MickintheHam
02-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Heard this on the news, this world is going to hell in a hand basket. Not sorry I just don't buy into this stuff.

I was in Montreal at a sparsely filled and dreary Olympic Stadium in 76 for both days of the decathlon. We cheered wildly as Jenner won what can be considered the most difficult medal. He was a hero and remained one for many years. But, when he started with the plastic surgeries and then took a role on Keeping up with the Whatevers, I had to wonder about his mental health. I can't begin to understand the demons a man is fighting when he is desperate to have his manhood chopped off, his face altered and his chest mutilated. I wish him well.

jazyd
02-04-2015, 06:21 PM
I was in Montreal at a sparsely filled and dreary Olympic Stadium in 76 for both days of the decathlon. We cheered wildly as Jenner won what can be considered the most difficult medal. He was a hero and remained one for many years. But, when he started with the plastic surgeries and then took a role on Keeping up with the Whatevers, I had to wonder about his mental health. I can't begin to understand the demons a man is fighting when he is desperate to have his manhood chopped off, his face altered and his chest mutilated. I wish him well.

I think you answered the question...when he took a role with keeping up with the Whatever's....that would mess up any sane mind

cattails
02-04-2015, 11:13 PM
We simply live in a world and more so Hollywood that this is normal and OK. I don't wise any harm to Jenner, I just don't understand it and how so many declare it is OK. I don't buy this "I was born this way", we all make choices, do you drink, do you smoke, do you have sex with the same sex, do you want to change your sex (really you don't, you just cut off parts). Myself I am a lesbian, I like women and I am a man. :4chsmu1:

UKHistory
02-05-2015, 02:46 PM
Cattails,

I don't understand it. I don't want to understand. But acting out on our inclinations and having inclinations are two different things. I don't have to drink. I don't have to have sex. One is a learned behavior that can be highly addictive and the other is built in to our minds and bodies. Human beings need love and companionship and have a need to be sexual (especially based on the level of hormones they have).

When it comes to homosexuality, I can only say what I know. When I was a young boy and saw Kathy Ireland among other beautiful women, I understood my attraction. I did not have to think about it. There was no debate between lusting over Kathy or Harrison Ford for example. I did not have to see men and women and realize they went together. I saw women and knew exactly what I wanted. Getting someone of the opposite sex to hold my hand is another topic. But it was very clear very early in my development that my nature was to love beautiful women.

I am guessing--although I could be wrong--homosexuals don't have that debate in their minds either. They know what is in their hearts but are held back by society and what they are told or see. This dilema is further complicated based on what many of us have learned in church regarding engaging in homosexual behavior. True enough acting on our desires is different than having them. How realistic is it to expect a heterosexual person to not seek out a heterosexual relationship?

I wonder what it would be like if my natural inclination for women was discouraged or threatened or ridiculed in society. What if I lived in some Bizarro world where UofL was great and my faith and culuture told me that heterosexuality was evil. I understand that is a science fiction leap but think about that for a moment. You love a woman; you have a innate lust for the opposite sex and you are told you can never act on it. Not when you are married; not ever. That is a mighty heavy cross to bare.

Transgender is another level that is challenging. Although I understand that a little better in some situations. For example I have read where at birth a doctor did not know what a child was--boy or girl. In some instances the doctors and parents made a mistake and the child who was dressed as a girl acted and felt like a boy or vice versa. That is on society as much as a physical disctinction that made medical professionals unsure as to the sex of the person.

There seems to be a distinction in a person saying that he or she is homosexual/lesbian or that they feel like a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa. I don't understand that. It must be incredibly confusing and challenging for the person as well.

I don't understand it. I am glad I am not confronted with such a probelm. I wish Jenner well. And while it is confusing I think we can only do our best to treat all of God's children as well as we can.

cattails
02-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Cattails,

I don't understand it. I don't want to understand. But acting out on our inclinations and having inclinations are two different things. I don't have to drink. I don't have to have sex. One is a learned behavior that can be highly addictive and the other is built in to our minds and bodies. Human beings need love and companionship and have a need to be sexual (especially based on the level of hormones they have).

When it comes to homosexuality, I can only say what I know. When I was a young boy and saw Kathy Ireland among other beautiful women, I understood my attraction. I did not have to think about it. There was no debate between lusting over Kathy or Harrison Ford for example. I did not have to see men and women and realize they went together. I saw women and knew exactly what I wanted. Getting someone of the opposite sex to hold my hand is another topic. But it was very clear very early in my development that my nature was to love beautiful women.

I am guessing--although I could be wrong--homosexuals don't have that debate in their minds either. They know what is in their hearts but are held back by society and what they are told or see. This dilema is further complicated based on what many of us have learned in church regarding engaging in homosexual behavior. True enough acting on our desires is different than having them. How realistic is it to expect a heterosexual person to not seek out a heterosexual relationship?

I wonder what it would be like if my natural inclination for women was discouraged or threatened or ridiculed in society. What if I lived in some Bizarro world where UofL was great and my faith and culuture told me that heterosexuality was evil. I understand that is a science fiction leap but think about that for a moment. You love a woman; you have a innate lust for the opposite sex and you are told you can never act on it. Not when you are married; not ever. That is a mighty heavy cross to bare.

Transgender is another level that is challenging. Although I understand that a little better in some situations. For example I have read where at birth a doctor did not know what a child was--boy or girl. In some instances the doctors and parents made a mistake and the child who was dressed as a girl acted and felt like a boy or vice versa. That is on society as much as a physical disctinction that made medical professionals unsure as to the sex of the person.

There seems to be a distinction in a person saying that he or she is homosexual/lesbian or that they feel like a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa. I don't understand that. It must be incredibly confusing and challenging for the person as well.

I don't understand it. I am glad I am not confronted with such a probelm. I wish Jenner well. And while it is confusing I think we can only do our best to treat all of God's children as well as we can.

I wouldn't harm a hair on anyone for their choice in these matters, but I don't agree with it. I know people that are homosexual or lesbian, I "don't think" I know anyone who is transgender. I am a man of faith in the words that come from the bible, for me it is the word of God and by the word of God these people are not the children of God, in fact very few are the children of God. Romans 1-27 & 28 pretty will clears it up for me. And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind. Definition of reprobate:
to condemn strongly as unworthy, unacceptable, or evil <reprobating the laxity of the age>
to foreordain to damnation

I wouldn't call these the children of God. I have little concern over what other people do, to each their own, but if I believe in the word of God, then I have to have this conclusion. I am not a hater, just simply amazed at how easily this is accepted. A lot of people don't believe in or read the bible (word of God), that's fine, I have enough trouble keeping myself in line with it's teaching and I do a poor job of it, but it doesn't change my belief, I fall down and I get back up, over and over and over. I don't condemn anyone, that is not my place, one much greater than I will do that. I was really more or less just expressing my amazement at what this world is becoming.

suncat05
02-07-2015, 09:04 AM
I watched him in the '76 Olympics. He made us all proud as Americans, during a hard time in history for America in the world's eyes.
The only time I ever watched any of that Kardashian's crap was the episode where those idiot women took Bruce's 9mm and encased it in concrete. Little did they know that he had just bought another handgun, until these idiots revealed their little stupid stunt to him. That was when I stopped watching. I don't tolerate stupidity very well. I couldn't be around any of those women, my tolerance level of their stupidity would wear out quickly.
It amazes me how just utterly stupid these people are, and how they think they know better than I do what is best for me, or in this case, other people. Any time I see anything that says Kardashian on TV, I make sure to turn the channel. I have no time and zero understanding for ignorance.

KeithKSR
02-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Jenner's moves over the last several years seem to be coming from someone who is trying to regain the fame they once had.

MickintheHam
02-07-2015, 04:13 PM
Jenner involved in fatal 3 car crash this afternoon in Malibu. Strange!!