PDA

View Full Version : Randy Sanders starting to throw Whitlow under the bus?

ColonelSteve
10-18-2012, 01:12 PM
I know he's only a true freshman but good god...most coaches can figure SOMETHING out by now...maybe this is because the coaching staff just doesnt prepare for emergencies like good coaches do

Is Whitlow regressing?

"It seems like we were farther away from executing them correctly last week than we were two weeks ago," offensive coordinator Randy Sanders said. "We're trying to figure out why that is. Is it what the defense is doing or are those concepts not clicking in his brain or what do we need to do?"

Sanders said last week he worried that two interceptions thrown by the freshman against the Gamecocks had gotten in Whitlow's head.

"I think that could be part of it, but I don't know," Sanders said. "I wish I knew the answer to it. If I did, I could fix it right away. But it's one of the things we're trying to fix. There's a number of things we're trying to fix. There's nothing I've been able to put my finger on."

Whitlow admitted Wednesday that he's struggling to understand his passing problems as well.

"I don't know," he said when asked about his trouble with accuracy the past two weeks. "I'm still trying to ask myself that sometimes. Just going back to work, keep trying to get better."

That's the good news, Whitlow's coaches said, that freshmen tend to get better with experience.

"Every time he gets to come out here, he looks a little bit better because, again, he's so young," Coach Joker Phillips said. "We've just got to continue to get him reps."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/10/17/2375299/kentucky-finds-patience-required.html#storylink=cpy

Darrell KSR
10-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Not too bad.

Catonahottinroof
10-19-2012, 01:46 PM
At times, Coach Sanders deviates from the company line. Many times he is proven correct too. I'M not happy with his calling out of Newton taking a test a few weeks ago, but he's usually on top of issues when he speaks.