PDA

View Full Version : Is Cal really this good?

CitizenBBN
10-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Of course UK has been at the top of the lists of players like the Harrissons, Young, etc. all summer.

But look at what's all happened, in nice tidy order, with the start of the season.

Of course you have Madness, a given big event in a fixed point in time. Leading up to it we get the well spaced ESPN live announcements by the Harrisons and Young. Then you have Madness with the newness of their commitments in the air with Lee in to hang out with them. Then ESPN All Access spends the 3 weeks between madness and the start of play showing UK in 3 episodes (I think that's right) each aired about 10 times. Worked right into that is Lee's commitment that has been taped to embed into next week's episode.

Very quiet all summer except for the internet chatter, then going into the season a near constant and well spaced month long commercial for UK and specifically the players that seems to dovetail at every corner with some other part of it.

No doubt things like All Access have to be at this time of year, but with the huge production of Madness and the commitments for next year all lining up so tidy, and so high profile marketing wise, is Cal really this good?

Obviously so I guess.

ColonelSteve
10-18-2012, 01:18 PM
The way Cal was able to work at Memphis at all places showed just how good he is, just like the turnaround at UMASS...were just now understanding how good he really is because he is at a major program that puts everything into the basketball program and its a place where he can truly thrive. I loved the ESPN All Access because he basically was able to explain why he doesnt have to cheat at Kentucky, if he can recruit the best players year in and year out, win NCs, the school gets higher TV revenue, he gets his bonuses, and the players get drafted high, that is their payday, that is the angle he is taking and its really working, plus hes not coddling these players, he's upfront and honest and telling these kids what they need to hear, not what they want to hear and that honesty that other coaches arent delivering is noticed.

Darrell KSR
10-18-2012, 03:39 PM
He. Is.

cattails
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
A simple yes will do.

jimbo4uk
10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes.

blueboss
10-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes, and have all three episodes of All Access already aired? I saw the first one last Wednesday at 7:00