PDA

View Full Version : BEvans, Doc...others....Disney Deals?

Darrell KSR
01-20-2015, 01:44 PM
My wife is making noise that we may need to go to Disney in May. I think she has some deal for a 5 day park hopper pass and accomodations, but just curious if you had any "go to" deals to look at in advance. I know you guys have all kind of good advice when you get there which--if we go--I'll be hitting you up again for advice on.

For now, though, are there any "deals" out there that I should look into?

KSRBEvans
01-20-2015, 02:22 PM
D, the only deal I'm aware of for May is 20% off onsite value hotel rates, 25% off onsite onsite moderate hotel rates and 35% off onsite deluxe hotel rates. More here:

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/disney-world-resort-hotel-discounts-codes/#spring

Occasionally Disney will offer "free" dining*, but I'm not aware of any "free" dining promotion for May. They usually offer it for Septemberish (late August-early October) stays.

You can always check with a travel agency that specializes in Disney trips and they can tell you what's currently available or what may be coming soon. Ones I've used in the past and would recommend are Mousefan Travel and Small World Vacations. They can get you the best deal, update your account if a better deal comes along and help with booking dining reservations, too.

Tickets are often the toughest part of any Disney trip to get a discount. Try this calculator (http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/ticket-calculator) to get the best price on tickets. But generally, ticket discounts aren't great.

*--The best deal Disney probably offers the public is when they offer "free" dining, where if you stay on site at a Disney hotel, they give a free standard Disney Dining Plan (free lunch entree/drink/dessert, free snack, free dinner entree/drink/dessert) to each person in your party. With the cost of the standard DDP being around $60/per person/day, that can be a large savings if you have a large number in your party.

OTOH, I put "free" in quotes because in order to get that, you have to stay onsite (which can be more expensive than a non-Disney hotel), and you have to pay rack rate for your room. Many times Disney will offer discounts on the room that can exceed the savings on the DDP, depending on the cost of your room and the number of people in your room.

blueboss
01-20-2015, 05:15 PM
Best Disney deal for me is an hour and half drive either due east or due west, I've still got to have sand in my ears or I'm not relaxed.

Catonahottinroof
01-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Skip Disney and go to Universal Studios.

jazyd
01-21-2015, 11:00 PM
Find someone in your area that works deals for people. There is a lady where I live that does that. Knows all the twists.

But a must, have to get on the computer at midnight 60 days out getting your fast passes for all the rides and events, can't just walk up and get on. We went end of sept with our daughter and her family. Had a blast and was so glad I had been walking. Worst day I walked 11 miles, feet were hurting.

We stayed at the Port Orleans, really a nice resort. Took the bus to each park. Also had the meal plan. Take a backpack.

Must ride soaring at Epcot and the test car track. Roller coasters are great

Doc
01-22-2015, 03:26 PM
I replied to this thread. Did somebody delete it, did I dream I replied or do I have "Oldtimers dz"?

Darrell KSR
01-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Appreciate all the comments and suggestions, keep em coming. And stop deleting Doc's posts!

KentuckyWildcat
01-22-2015, 07:54 PM
Keep some notes. I'm going to have to suffer thru this trip in a few years.

dan_bgblue
01-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Keep some notes. I'm going to have to suffer thru this trip in a few years.

Take the family to Legoland, Seaworld, and a beach for a couple of days, and do not give the mouse any of your money. Posted my a certified mouse hater.

KentuckyWildcat
01-23-2015, 06:21 PM
Take the family to Legoland, Seaworld, and a beach for a couple of days, and do not give the mouse any of your money. Posted my a certified mouse hater.

My trip will probably be less Lego and more princess....

I don't see the appeal of rubbing elbows with hot sweaty strangers while going bankrupt for any amusement park.

MickintheHam
01-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Check your resistance levels to measles. Your resistance can grow lower as you age even though you may have had the vaccine.

Doc
01-30-2015, 02:45 PM
Get your tix prior to arrival. Triple A is as good a deal as any unless you bundle with a time share or are going with a Florida resident. FL residents get great deals but the resident has to be present. Can't just order the tix and sent to that address, have to be there and use them as a florida resident photo is required. Do not buy tix from outside vendors as they are either time share hucksters or partially used tix that expire soon and may not be valid---definite buyer beware. Again, get tix before arrival as it saves a line. There is a line to buy tix, then monorail then line to use tix. Having tix saves that first line which can be quite long

Consider doing a character breakfast. This gets you in the park early, up to 2 hrs, and you eat with characters. Need to order those thru Disney well ahead of time. Also consider dinner in Cinderella's castle. Food is okay but its a special event as you actually go up in the castle dinning room and eat. Obviously reservations needed well ahead of time. Meal plans are a good deal if you eat at the park. We seldom did as we had passes so we would leave and come back.

As for accommodations, if staying off property, consider that parking is expensive so staying on Disney property saves you that. I think its 20.00 to park at parks so if you are staying at Disney resort you save that plus its very easy to come and go vs stay off property. Of course Disney resorts are not bargains however the "all star" resorts are not bad at all. We have also stayed at the Caribbean beach which was nice and the Disney Swan as wall as the Marriott.

Doc
01-30-2015, 02:49 PM
PS may is a good time to go. Small crowds as spring break is done and summer not here. Great deals to be had

CitizenBBN
01-30-2015, 08:09 PM
Go To Key West. Drinks are stronger and they have drag shows. They have far more interesting "characters" as well, and you can have breakfast with them if you want. It'll be closer to noon though. No castles for dining, but I'm sure we can find someone to be Cinderella.