PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Beach Rental??

blueboss
01-18-2015, 10:56 AM
Ms boss and I have started our annual property search, we're looking for a rental in FL.. Anybody have any hidden gems that are on the beach w/ easy beach access,...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darrell KSR
01-18-2015, 06:44 PM
I have a favorite beach, but not a favorite rental. Might be hard to find exactly what you want from my favorite beach, too--as most of them are across the street, or in a community walk.

Santa Rosa Beach, around the corner from Sandestin, is my favorite for a lot of reasons. But don't have a great place to give you, just the beach.

Catonahottinroof
01-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Seagrove Beach, just down 30A from Darrell's suggestion of Santa Rosa. Beautiful place.

Darrell KSR
01-19-2015, 11:25 AM
I am fixated on Santa Rosa Beach, but any of the beaches in that area are outstanding. Seagrove, Grayton Beach, Rosemary Beach etc. Used to be $ea$ide, but those dollars went up a long time ago. Off that 30A corridor is a great area.

KentuckyWildcat
01-21-2015, 11:04 PM
I'm curious to know where you end up. I have a small bucket list of beaches to visit.

This is not in Florida, but if you are looking for hidden, then Dauphin Island might work. We spent the day there once while in Gulf Shores. I can't tell you a lot about it, but I'll tell you what I know if you are interested.

KSRBEvans
01-22-2015, 07:19 AM
I like Perdido Key, which is in between Pensacola and Orange Beach, AL. 2 condos Mrs. BEvans and I have stayed at recently: Beach Colony Tower, and Perdido Skye. BCT is more upscale, but both are nice, directly on the beach and adjoin a state park beach so it's quiet.

KentuckyWildcat
01-22-2015, 08:24 AM
I like Perdido Key, which is in between Pensacola and Orange Beach, AL. 2 condos Mrs. BEvans and I have stayed at recently: Beach Colony Tower, and Perdido Skye. BCT is more upscale, but both are nice, directly on the beach and adjoin a state park beach so it's quiet.
Cobalts on the state line is one of my favorite restaurants.

MickintheHam
01-22-2015, 11:19 AM
My preference is always Santa Rosa Beach or Grayton Beach. Hard to beat them. Perdido Key is an excellent recommendation if you wish to go to the FloraBama area. If you go anywhere near Pensacola, you owe it to yourself to pick up a cheap styrafoam cooler (large as you can find) and head over to Joe Pattie's in Pensacola on your way out of town. Go by and get breakfast or lunch. They will fill your cooler for travel while you eat with some of the very best fresh seafood and fish you will find anywhere. The selection will blow you away. This is the largest seafood house I have found anywhere. They have a selection of food items you will find nowhere else. Don't be in a hurry you are going to spend some time in this place trying to determine how far your money will go.

I don't know how many people work at that place but it is a ton. They are all knowledgeable about the food items they sell. Do yourself a favor and ask someone behind the counter for a recipe. You'll be glad you did. Joe Pattie's is on the web. Check them out before you go.

I will make you one bet. You'll find a Kentucky fan within 5 minutes of walking in the door. I will also make another bet. You'll wish you had brought two coolers instead of one.

KSRBEvans
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
^Agree 100% with the Joe Patti's recommendation. Huge operation with just about any kind of seafood you can think of, and lots of great non-seafood selections, too. It's chaotic when you go in, but there's a method to the madness. We'll go out and eat a couple of times when we're down there, but mainly we get oysters, shrimp and fish from Joe Patti's and cook our own. And we get some for home on our way out of town.

http://www.joepattis.com/

blueboss
02-02-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm curious to know where you end up. I have a small bucket list of beaches to visit.

This is not in Florida, but if you are looking for hidden, then Dauphin Island might work. We spent the day there once while in Gulf Shores. I can't tell you a lot about it, but I'll tell you what I know if you are interested.

We went to Perdido last year, we were on our way to catch the ferry to Dauphin Island, Mrs boss saw a news story about a ferry sinking in S. Korea and that ended that. I was going to take the scenic route a day or two later and go over the bridge but we never got around to it. If I recall there are some nice beachfront houses on the island that I would like to check out but she decided we'd go on towards Panama City this year.

I forget the name of the condo we booked this year, it's a low rise unit past Santa Rosa. Nicely appointed, with easy beach access (low dune), and the owner I spoke to was very accommodating, through in a discount with a free night (yeah right) anything over a week and I've found the owners tend to be more willing to bargain.

I just looked it up, it's in the Laguna Beach area, not familiar with it, but it's been 30 years since I've been to the Panama City Beach area.

Crazy4Blue
02-03-2015, 07:36 AM
Darrell suggested Santa Rosa to me a few years back and we've been every year since. Love the place.

Darrell KSR
02-03-2015, 08:01 AM
Darrell suggested Santa Rosa to me a few years back and we've been every year since. Love the place.

Very pleased to hear that. It's a great area. We like it a lot.