PDA

View Full Version : OT- wow Duke

Crazy4Blue
01-14-2015, 06:04 PM
I wonder if this is legit?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/14/muslim-call-to-prayer-to-be-chanted-every-friday-at-duke-university/

dan_bgblue
01-14-2015, 06:13 PM
I have no problem with it, as long as they broadcast Sunday morning sermons of all protestant religions, Jewish worship services on Saturday night, etc. from the bell tower

blueboss
01-14-2015, 06:21 PM
I wonder why....never mind wrong forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jazyd
01-14-2015, 09:46 PM
So if you are Christian own Chic Filet or are pro life, you are not worthy but if you belong to groups that basically hate America you are welcomed with open arms. Assholes

blueboss
01-15-2015, 06:54 AM
So if you are Christian own Chic Filet or are pro life, you are not worthy but if you belong to groups that basically hate America you are welcomed with open arms. Assholes

That's kind of what I was thinking....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PedroDaGr8
01-15-2015, 08:19 AM
I disagree with what is going on at Duke strictly because there shouldn't be anything religious like this happening at a public university. Simple as that.

Your bigoted insinuation on the other hand that most Muslims hate America is pathetically wrong. Islamists are not Islam. And the fraction that are Islamist is ridiculously small. Yes some muslims hate our countries foreign policy, but that's usually disagreement on Palestine, they certainly don't hate America itself. Much like you might hate the president but love America. Most, including the ones that disagree with our foreign policy, are very moderate and abhor wahabism/salafism. They are often quite vocal about this though the media blatantly ignores them or at best buries any story about it. You clearly have lived a sheltered and naive life. I wonder how it must feel to be afraid of everyone that isn't a WASP.

Crazy4Blue
01-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Duke is a Private University - Methodist

I disagree with what is going on at Duke strictly because there shouldn't be anything religious like this happening at a public university. Simple as that.

Your bigoted insinuation on the other hand that most Muslims hate America is pathetically wrong. Islamists are not Islam. And the fraction that are Islamist is ridiculously small. Yes some muslims hate our countries foreign policy, but that's usually disagreement on Palestine, they certainly don't hate America itself. Much like you might hate the president but love America. Most, including the ones that disagree with our foreign policy, are very moderate and abhor wahabism/salafism. They are often quite vocal about this though the media blatantly ignores them or at best buries any story about it. You clearly have lived a sheltered and naive life. I wonder how it must feel to be afraid of everyone that isn't a WASP.

PedroDaGr8
01-15-2015, 08:41 AM
Duke is a Private University - Methodist
Doh, brainfart it was just after 6am when I started writing that, in my defense. 😀

They still receive so much government funding that similar rules should apply. If they were truly independent and self sufficient then it gets much less clear cut

jazyd
01-15-2015, 10:52 AM

You better hope there is never a fight here from those little ole terrorists, you might just find out how many of those " Muslim loving Americans" really aren't. You see I have talked to many of them, in my store, in their stores and gave asked many questions in a fishing type exchange that they weren't smart enough to figure out, guessing like you that think many of us are just plain stupid to the world, well they wiil reveal their true feelings without ever knowing it.

A bigot you call me, but who really is the bigot, you or me. I recognize what they are doing, you call anyone who does not agree with you and your "wordly" view a bigot.

Again, duke shuts out out anyone on the right but opens their arms to groups that hate everything this country stands for.

I will tell your little liberal heart a story, one you won't accept because it doesn't fit your agenda but a true one none the less. A friend of mine that I got to know very well at my church...guess that eliminates him for you immediately...and who played football at Murray after he got out of the military ...another elimination...moved to Texas with his job of upper mgt with a huge corp. and of course joined a church there in Tyler and became very active. They had a former Muslim who converted to Christianity speak to their men's group. He told them the Muslims goal, much like the former communists, was to gain control of the USA through....drum rolls..the college campuses. They were going to build as many mosques as possible in every college town because college student minds were the easiest to conquer . Seems to be working perfectly, and that conversation took place 18 years ago. So keep you eyes closed, your mouth shut except to those of us who speak out, love the Muslims who hate you, be like a good liberal and just play nice while Islams all over Europe, Africa, ME, Australia, Canada, and USA are slaughtering people in the name of their prophet nd their religion.

PedroDaGr8
01-15-2015, 12:47 PM
First off, I'm not a liberal. Libertarian, yes; liberal, no. If hating bigotry and racism is an "agenda" then so be it.

You better hope there is never a fight here from those little ole terrorists, you might just find out how many of those " Muslim loving Americans" really aren't. You see I have talked to many of them, in my store, in their stores and gave asked many questions in a fishing type exchange that they weren't smart enough to figure out, guessing like you that think many of us are just plain stupid to the world, well they wiil reveal their true feelings without ever knowing it. I have no doubt who's side they would fight because unlike you. I ACTUALLY know them, not just scary old wives tales told to instill fear and make you like a bleating sheep, easy to control. I'm sure you are just such a conversational ninja that there was no way that they knew exactly what you were doing. Hell, if I came across someone doing what you did, I'd likely give all sorts of answers to mess iwth you as well. Why? Because you didn't treat me with respect ,me and my intelligence and ask me like a man. You tried to be all sneaky and ****, disrespecting me, why would I respect you? Do I think everyone of them loves America? Nope, but I don't try to turn a large group of individuals into a monolithic block and slather them with the views of a minority.

A bigot you call me, but who really is the bigot, you or me. I recognize what they are doing, you call anyone who does not agree with you and your "wordly" view a bigot.
No I call anyone who is a bigot a bigot. I don't give a damn WHAT side of politics someone is on, if they are a bigot then I'm gonna call them on it. Tolerance doesn't mean tolerating bigotry any more than tolerance means I tolerate the idea of torture, institutionalized sexism, or any other of a variety of inequities. You don't like being called a bigot, then stop being one. Otherwise, man up and accept that you are a bigot.

I will tell your little liberal heart a story, one you won't accept because it doesn't fit your agenda but a true one none the less. A friend of mine that I got to know very well at my church...guess that eliminates him for you immediately...and who played football at Murray after he got out of the military ...another elimination...moved to Texas with his job of upper mgt with a huge corp. and of course joined a church there in Tyler and became very active. They had a former Muslim who converted to Christianity speak to their men's group. He told them the Muslims goal, much like the former communists, was to gain control of the USA through....drum rolls..the college campuses. They were going to build as many mosques as possible in every college town because college student minds were the easiest to conquer . Seems to be working perfectly, and that conversation took place 18 years ago. So keep you eyes closed, your mouth shut except to those of us who speak out, love the Muslims who hate you, be like a good liberal and just play nice while
Why would him being Christian count him out? I have no problem with Christians, only bigots and racists. That being said, if your story is true then I'll eat my hat. Your friend may have heard what he heard, but there is a lie somewhere in the chain. Sounds exactly like the various lies told throughout history about a variety of non-majority ethnic groups (Germans, Irish, Chinese, etc. etc. etc.). It ALWAYS follows the same plot, that said group is "trying to take over the mainstream by some insidious sneaky means". First off, muslims are no more a homogeneous group than Christians are. Some are very very liberal, some are very very conservative, some are very accepting and some are bigoted. To give you an analogy, in Arabic they call ISIS "daesh". Literally, it is the arabic equivalent to saying ISIS, what I mean by that is pronouncing the acronym. What it has become is a word meaning a "bigoted or intolerant person who attempts to force his view on others". Much like street gangs prey on the weak and vulnerable in society, these groups prey on the weak and vulnerable online. And as for keeping my eyes closed and mouth shut, never. I don't care who it is, if I think they are wrong; be they Muslim, Hindu, Christian or Atheist I am going to speak up. Inequity and intolerance is inequity and intolerance.

Islams all over Europe, Africa, ME, Australia, Canada, and USA are slaughtering people in the name of their prophet nd their religion.
Muslims are not slaughtering others. Islamic extremists yes, muslims no. Much like Putin used "protecting ethnic russians" as to justify his actions in Crimea; Islamic extremists use a mis-interpretation of Islam to further their political ambitions and maintain power. Claiming that these splinter groups represent ALL muslims is not valid. No more than its a valid comment that the KKK slaughtered blacks in the fifties in the name of white protestants like yourself.

Crazy4Blue
01-15-2015, 01:14 PM
I was unaware what a Libertine was....here is what the internet says:

lib·er·tine/ˈlibərˌtēn/
noun
1.a person, especially a man, who behaves without moral principles or a sense of responsibility, especially in sexual matters.
2.a person who rejects accepted opinions in matters of religion; a freethinker.

adjective
1.characterized by a disregard of morality, especially in sexual matters.
2.freethinking in matters of religion.

PedroDaGr8
01-15-2015, 01:19 PM
I was unaware what a Libertine was....here is what the internet says:

lib·er·tine/ˈlibərˌtēn/
noun
1.a person, especially a man, who behaves without moral principles or a sense of responsibility, especially in sexual matters.
2.a person who rejects accepted opinions in matters of religion; a freethinker.

adjective
1.characterized by a disregard of morality, especially in sexual matters.
2.freethinking in matters of religion.

Haha, I meant libertarian. Apparently, Swiftkey decided I meant libertine and I didn't catch it. Fixed it now.

Crazy4Blue
01-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Haha, I meant libertarian. Apparently, Swiftkey decided I meant libertine and I didn't catch it. Fixed it now.

Cool, that made me nervous :)

elicat
01-15-2015, 05:20 PM
And it's over. (http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Duke-University-cancels-plan-to-use-chapel-tower-6018269.php)They're not going to do it.

PedroDaGr8
01-15-2015, 06:30 PM
And it's over. (http://www.seattlepi.com/news/us/article/Duke-University-cancels-plan-to-use-chapel-tower-6018269.php)They're not going to do it.

Good, it didn't belong there and was a boneheaded move. You want to call prayer from your mosque near campus great, want to ring your churchbells or a call for prayer at your church near campus knock yourself out. Want to use stuff that is likely maintained significantly with government money, hell no.

jazyd
01-16-2015, 10:42 AM
They rescinded it and said because of security reasons, wow wonder what lead themto that. But they also got a big blowback from students and alums, and I would be willing to be money was a big part of it, as in we won't donate any longer.

ukblue
01-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Skip, agree with you about muslims. Until someone designs a crazy bastard meter I will remain suspect.

jazyd
01-16-2015, 11:15 PM
Skip, agree with you about muslims. Until someone designs a crazy bastard meter I will remain suspect.

Lol