PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma to ban hoodies

Darrell KSR
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
In a proposed bill.

http://www.abajournal.com/mobile/article/oklahoma_lawmakers_considering_ban_on_wearing_hood ies_in_public/

Will they reimburse me my investment in the 50 hoodies I've bought for my family the past few years? That's probably close. I myself this year have bought a soccer hoodie, a UK hoodie, a target brand, dry fit type hoodie for exercise, a Miami hoodie, a Tulane hoodie, and tried to buy a ulm hoodie. Bought more for my kids, and a couple for my wife.

I get that some crooks use them to partially disguise themselves. There's already a law that makes it a crime to wear one while committing a crime (enhances it, I guess). But where do we draw the line? I can't wear a Kentucky hoodie to a football game when it's 40 degrees? Or a soccer hoodie to my son's tournaments?

suncat05
01-09-2015, 11:14 AM
I agree with you Darrell. This proposed bill reeks of legislative overreach and in the end would be too restrictive for any law abiding citizen, much less a scumbag criminal that isn't going to obey the law anyway.
I seldom agree with the ACLU about very much, but they're right about this proposed bill.

Doc
01-09-2015, 12:49 PM
I see it provide exceptions for religious attire, inclement weather, Halloween costumes, parades and other circumstances. Does this exempt leather bondage masks too?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41OGfLxqeFL._SY300_.jpg

Just wondering if I need to change my travel plans to Oklahoma

Darrell KSR
01-09-2015, 03:20 PM
I see it provide exceptions for religious attire, inclement weather, Halloween costumes, parades and other circumstances. Does this exempt leather bondage masks too?

Just wondering if I need to change my travel plans to Oklahoma

I have a near religious allegiance to Kentucky, does that mean I can wear that hoodie?

If it's chilly, does that constitute inclement weather? If it's cold, I wear a coat or heavy jacket. Hoodies don't work then. If it's raining, I want a raincoat or water resistant jacket of some sort.

I just hate legislation like this.

KeithKSR
01-11-2015, 06:51 PM
I have a near religious allegiance to Kentucky, does that mean I can wear that hoodie?

If it's chilly, does that constitute inclement weather? If it's cold, I wear a coat or heavy jacket. Hoodies don't work then. If it's raining, I want a raincoat or water resistant jacket of some sort.

I just hate legislation like this.

When it's cold here I wear a hoodie and a jacket or coat.

dan_bgblue
01-11-2015, 08:54 PM
I do not wear Hoodies, I wear hooded sweatshirts.

CitizenBBN
01-11-2015, 10:49 PM
I don't own one myself, and have no doubt anyone who does is either a criminal or a lawyer, so banning them seems like a sound plan. ;)

What do they do if you walk in in full body Carharts with the hood up, shoot you? I get the issue, but it's a silly law.

Darrell KSR
01-12-2015, 10:28 AM
I do not wear Hoodies, I wear hooded sweatshirts.
Not if that law passes, you don't.

KeithKSR
01-13-2015, 04:50 PM
Not if that law passes, you don't.

Civil disobedience.

dan_bgblue
01-13-2015, 06:39 PM
I visited Oklahoma once to see the salt flats. I did not leave anything behind that I recall, and know several routes that will get me where I want to go that do not involve driving thru that state, so yes, I will be wearing my hooded sweatshirt when the weather calls for it

CitizenBBN
01-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Why don't they do something useful, like banning capri pants?