PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Professors Protest Rising Cost of Healthcare

MickintheHam
01-06-2015, 10:10 AM
When you reach my age there is little that surprises you. And this article doesn't either. But it sure as hell is effin' funny. I don't know if it's funny because it's a bunch of liberals and college professors or because the article appeared in the NYT. Regardless, these fools live in a bubble. It is hurting our country because their colleagues are running rampant in DC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/06/us/health-care-fixes-backed-by-harvards-experts-now-roil-its-faculty.html?emc=edit_th_20150106&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=49793373

MickintheHam
01-06-2015, 10:41 AM
Well, here's another. Harvard professors only asked for $20 co pay on doctor's office visits. Mine hasn't be $20 in 9 or 10 years. And mine is as good of a plan as anyone needs. http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-01-05/whining-harvard-professors-discover-obamacare?cmpid=yhoo

I like the word "Whinning" in the headline

suncat05
01-06-2015, 10:48 AM
I read that same article on a political site. And I agree with Mick. Sometimes, I just get the impression that some of these guys are so smart that they're stupid. How do you advocate for something that is sure to harm anyone that has to participate in it and at the same time believe it won't affect you? It's very obvious that most of these guys, as smart as they may be in theory just don't understand true 'cause & effect' as it relates to far reaching legislation like the ACA.

MickintheHam
01-06-2015, 10:56 AM
The Left misunderstands why this protestation is funny. They point out it is exactly what conservative Republicans are proposing. What's funny is this elite group of self important professors, believe they are above making any changes and that Harvard is so well funded that the University should pick up the tab. I guess they believe in 2018 when the tax goes into effect, that the University should Gross up their salary and pay the taxes for them.

suncat05
01-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Karma. Ain't it sweet?

Darrell KSR
01-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Well, here's another. Harvard professors only asked for $20 co pay on doctor's office visits. Mine hasn't be $20 in 9 or 10 years. And mine is as good of a plan as anyone needs. http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-01-05/whining-harvard-professors-discover-obamacare?cmpid=yhoo

I like the word "Whinning" in the headline

I understand times are tough for many. But for the vast majority of people, I don't really understand why we don't have $50+ co-pays on insurance. Insurance is to protect, not provide. Make it a decent enough amount that you may go buy some zinc lozenges and tylenol for $10, rather than going to the doctor for $20 for your cold and sniffles. But it protects you in case it's more serious, and tests are needed, treatment, etc.

MickintheHam
01-06-2015, 09:08 PM
I understand times are tough for many. But for the vast majority of people, I don't really understand why we don't have $50+ co-pays on insurance. Insurance is to protect, not provide. Make it a decent enough amount that you may go buy some zinc lozenges and tylenol for $10, rather than going to the doctor for $20 for your cold and sniffles. But it protects you in case it's more serious, and tests are needed, treatment, etc. I believe in much higher deductibles and co-pays.

Darrell KSR
01-06-2015, 09:49 PM
I believe in much higher deductibles and co-pays.

You're speaking to a guy who independently bought a $10,000 deductible policy before Obamacare. I'm all-in. But I think even a $50 co-pay for a doctor's visit would go a long way.

jazyd
01-08-2015, 10:06 PM
I took a tour of Harvsrd when we visited Boston. When we were finished I told my wife I needed to wash my hands and we needed to get away from there ASAP and don't look back. Now I get to laugh at them. LMAO

dan_bgblue
01-11-2015, 08:57 PM
I suspect they all voted for the people that gave us socialized medicine, and the screwed up mess the health care system is becoming because of what those people voted into law. I feel no sympathy at all for their imagined plight. Pay up and shut up is what I would tell them to do

CitizenBBN
01-13-2015, 06:13 PM
I suspect they all voted for the people that gave us socialized medicine, and the screwed up mess the health care system is becoming because of what those people voted into law. I feel no sympathy at all for their imagined plight. Pay up and shut up is what I would tell them to do

I'd be fine if they all ended up in soup kitchens due to the disaster the Harvard (and similar) intellectuals have created for our nation's economy and liberty.