PDA

View Full Version : Mike Cassity Observations

LonnyDemaree
10-16-2012, 07:09 PM
"I knew some young guys would play but I didn't know four would play at one time," defensive backs coach Cassity lamented. "I liked the rotation of putting one guy in, a rookie with three experience guys and we tried to do that with different positions to give them some experience and as it turned out we had to put two guys in with two experienced guys the three guys in with one experienced guy and it got to point to where we had four true freshmen playing." Cassity earlier allude to the conversation he had with Joker Phillips when he was hired alerting him he was going to have to coach some young guys.

Of the problems at Arkansas, Cassity said there was no allignment problems but simple tackling of the receivers and that's fundamental. "Game speed and practice speed for a couple of guys (the Blaylock twind) that had played fifteen snaps all year long the speed, of the game was a little more than they were accustomed to," Cassity said. "But I tell the guys that it really doesn't matter. People don't care that you are a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior, bottom line the guys we put out there on the field have to be able to perform and I never lose sight of that.

Cassity said they've got some very, very good players for the future but the future is now.