PDA

View Full Version : A devotee of what is allegedly "A Religion Of Peace"...

elicat
12-21-2014, 06:36 PM
...just tweeted to me in Arabic that he is going to burn my blood.

Darrell KSR
12-21-2014, 06:58 PM
UNC fan?

elicat
12-21-2014, 07:23 PM
UNC fan?

How would he have learned Arabic without going to class?

suncat05
12-22-2014, 10:04 AM
You said he is your friend, so is this a joke, or do you believe his statement is real? Have you guys had any arguments or misunderstandings recently?

WHY would he say something like that to you?

Darrell KSR
12-22-2014, 11:23 AM
How would he have learned Arabic without going to class?

Solid point.

jazyd
12-22-2014, 12:18 PM
You said he is your friend, so is this a joke, or do you believe his statement is real? Have you guys had any arguments or misunderstandings recently?

WHY would he say something like that to you?

kinda what I was wondering, the original statement does not sound good

suncat05
12-22-2014, 12:37 PM
...just tweeted to me in Arabic that he is going to burn my blood.

Next question: do you know, understand, and/or speak Arabic? How were you able to decipher what he said in his message to you? Does the phrase have any particular meaning to you in normal conversation with him? And if not, WHY would he say such a thing to you?

elicat
12-22-2014, 01:53 PM
He is not my friend. I have no idea who he is.

I ran the Arabic script through several online translation tools. All came up with exactly the same thing: "Jat is to burn your blood."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc
12-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Likely some virus that hijacked somebody's Twitter account

suncat05
12-22-2014, 02:52 PM
He is not my friend. I have no idea who he is.

I ran the Arabic script through several online translation tools. All came up with exactly the same thing: "Jat is to burn your blood."

How bizarre is that? Wow!
But just for safety's sake, keep your head on a swivel, just in case something is amiss.

elicat
12-22-2014, 03:19 PM
My Twitter handle is the best and simplest form of one that has a lot of variants, especially in France. I get tagged in French language tweets pretty regularly, and none of them ever have anything to do with me. I imagine this is a variant of that. I'm not afraid, just surprised that this kind of rhetoric showed up so close to my life.

Doc
12-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Go to an English to Arabic translator and tweet back "your wife looks hot in a burka. I bet she looks hotter out of one". That will get his goat

jazyd
12-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Aren't you a college prof? If so do you have any Muslim students?

CitizenBBN
12-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Go to an English to Arabic translator and tweet back "your wife looks hot in a burka. I bet she looks hotter out of one". That will get his goat

You'd get more traction insulting the goat. These fundamentalists have more respect for them than for women.

suncat05
12-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeah, disparage his goats. That'll show him!

KeithKSR
12-23-2014, 12:35 PM

If you want to get his goat accuse him of having sex with the goat.

cattails
12-25-2014, 04:29 AM
Look I have some very good Muslim friends, if you want to call them that, they drink and are very Americanized. My doctor is one of my best friends and is Muslim, his choice, I love the guy and have known his wife since she was a teen (UK grad and played in the band). Can't judge them all by the few bad apples.

Doc
12-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Look I have some very good Muslim friends, if you want to call them that, they drink and are very Americanized. My doctor is one of my best friends and is Muslim, his choice, I love the guy and have known his wife since she was a teen (UK grad and played in the band). Can't judge them all by the few bad apples.

I know a lot of Christians and a lot of Jews but I don't know any who kill people, nor do they have a large segment of their religion who do. We are not talking "a few bad apples" because ISIS ain't a few, al quida ain't a few, humas ain't a few. Until the peace loving Muslims start to make some noise against the head chopping off ones, I got no sympathy or use for any of them because the ones who sit there while their "brothers" butcher people in the name of Allah while they say and do diddly squat, are every bit as quilty in my book

DanISSELisdaman
12-25-2014, 02:15 PM
I agree 100% Doc!

dan_bgblue
12-25-2014, 04:44 PM
Have you reported the tweet to law enforcement? If not, I think it would be a good idea to do so

cattails
12-26-2014, 01:04 AM
I know a lot of Christians and a lot of Jews but I don't know any who kill people, nor do they have a large segment of their religion who do. We are not talking "a few bad apples" because ISIS ain't a few, al quida ain't a few, humas ain't a few. Until the peace loving Muslims start to make some noise against the head chopping off ones, I got no sympathy or use for any of them because the ones who sit there while their "brothers" butcher people in the name of Allah while they say and do diddly squat, are every bit as quilty in my book

Christian, Muslims and Jews, the term is used loosely. Many of these so called faiths are nothing more than trash, it wasn't Muslims that burned down Ferguson (may be some, it was mostly black with a little salt). I am speaking more of the Muslims that live in the US. In other countries they have customs that are extreme to the Western world, what the hell are these Americans doing there in the first place. I still say get the troops home and close the borders. The US sticks it's nose into too many countries business in the first place.

jazyd
12-26-2014, 08:24 AM

Sorry Carl, but I agree with doc. If one us a true "peaceful Muslim" then they did to be pro active and loud against those doing all the butchering of children...cutting off their heads, putting it on stakes, all because they are achristians and would not denounce Jesus....women, men who were trying to help people, anyone and everyone who does not believe in the strictest of Islam law.

I don't see anything from the "peaceful" Muslims. I used to stop at a convenience store owned by a Muslim and we talked business, cut up a lot, whatever. Until Libya Muslims overthrew Khadafi, and this guys true feelings came out in a conversation. I have not been back since, nor will I buy anything from a Muslim owned business if I can avoid it. I just don't trust any of them if anything were to break out here in the USA.

Doc
12-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Christian, Muslims and Jews, the term is used loosely. Many of these so called faiths are nothing more than trash, it wasn't Muslims that burned down Ferguson (may be some, it was mostly black with a little salt). I am speaking more of the Muslims that live in the US. In other countries they have customs that are extreme to the Western world, what the hell are these Americans doing there in the first place. I still say get the troops home and close the borders. The US sticks it's nose into too many countries business in the first place.

What are you talking about Furguson for? Furguson was an internal problem within this country. I'm referring to an army of militants who capture foreign nationals and decapitate them in the name of their religion, or steal planes and fly them into skyscrapers killing thousands of innocent people, or kidnap women and children and murder them because they won't convert to their religion.

I understand the plight of the Muslims. They feel their land was stolen from them and want to kill anybody and everybody who disagrees with their way. A large segment of the Muslim population has no interest in living with the Jews or Christians and will do whatever possible to kill every last one of them. When a "Christian" behaves in such a manner other Christians are outraged and unite to stop them. This does not seem to be a stance that the peace loving Muslims want to take. They may not agree but they will keep silent. And so long as they remain silent they are enabling their religion to be bastardized into a thing of hate and evil. Until they begin to speak out in large number and actual do something to stop that evil segment, I'm not going be all that sympathetic to their plight.

Doc
12-26-2014, 03:55 PM
PS. To add the US is in it to support Isreal who at one time was an ally. Now I'm not so sure they see us as one but that's another topic. Personally I believe in supporting our friends (unlike our president) because they have every bit of a right to live in peace as we do. They have done everything possible to live in peace with the Arabs despite repeated attacked by groups like Humas etc. In Israel, Muslims are free to worship in any manner they wish etc. Try that in Iran!
I'd be all for leaving the middle east if we could take our money too but that won't happen. See the kingdoms over there love our money. And the people in charge, they want us there too. You know why? Because if were weren't all these nut job radicals would kill them too, take their kingdoms. You think ISIS is going to stop after Bagdad? Why?

KeithKSR
12-26-2014, 09:53 PM

Most likely the tweet came from outside the country. When I went through my twitter followers I found a number of followers from outside the country, most of those were from the Middle East.

cattails
01-03-2015, 11:58 AM
I am simply going from my experiences, a country can be Muslim but the Muslim faith does not promote violence, the country and leadership does. I used Ferguson as an example for damming all blacks, not the case. My faith is in Christ but in this life I have Muslim and Jewish friends, I don't see packaging all Muslims into one group. You are not a Christian if you don't practice the faith, going to church means nothing, just as Muslims at the hour of prayer, if you don't practice the belief then you simply aren't Muslim. I guess when you get down to it most of my Muslim friends are not true Muslims, go figure. Leadership in a country does not reflect the general population. The middle east is a mess and has been for years. As for Israel, I think we should support them but don't think for a minute they can't take care of themselves, remember the 6 day war?

KeithKSR
01-05-2015, 04:23 PM
I am simply going from my experiences, a country can be Muslim but the Muslim faith does not promote violence, the country and leadership does. I used Ferguson as an example for damming all blacks, not the case. My faith is in Christ but in this life I have Muslim and Jewish friends, I don't see packaging all Muslims into one group. You are not a Christian if you don't practice the faith, going to church means nothing, just as Muslims at the hour of prayer, if you don't practice the belief then you simply aren't Muslim. I guess when you get down to it most of my Muslim friends are not true Muslims, go figure. Leadership in a country does not reflect the general population. The middle east is a mess and has been for years. As for Israel, I think we should support them but don't think for a minute they can't take care of themselves, remember the 6 day war?

When people speak of Muslim extremists they are not saying all Muslims are extremists. They are referring to those who perpetrate barbarous acts under the guise of the religion.

Catonahottinroof
01-05-2015, 07:47 PM
The problem I see with the Islamic faith is situations that harbor the extremists are fostered, and when it blows up into something such as Al Quada or ISIS, there is no call for correction in the areas that harbor it.