PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a list of upcoming Sony Pictures releases?

KSRBEvans
12-19-2014, 10:34 AM
So, you know, I can not watch those, too?

I figure if they want me not to see "The Interview," I might as well not watch their other movies to be released soon. Or ever.

Darrell KSR
12-19-2014, 11:02 AM
Scary times we live in.

Doc
12-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Clearly I'm no NK lover or one who bows to terrorists or censorship, etc but what idiot thought it was funny to blow up KJU head and anybody consider the reaction of the USA would be to a similar film depiciting a similar demise to the current sitting head of our country? Again, I'm no Obama fan but id be pissed about such disrespect for our leader regardless of my political agreement with him on policy.

KSRBEvans
12-19-2014, 11:43 AM
The threat actually made me more likely to see it, just because I don't want tinhorn tyrants to think they can dictate to Americans, too. Then Sony pulled it.

The trailer was still available on my Apple TV last night and I watched it. It actually looked funnier than I expected it to. Kind of an updated version of "Spies Like Us (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090056/)."

I've seen some argue that Sony was worried about liability if there were actually theater attacks by NK sleeper agents. First: very funny. Second: OK, don't show it in the theater. Send it straight to DVD and donate the proceeds to a worthwhile cause. Or just release it to YouTube, as I've seen suggested. But don't suppress it.

Darrell KSR
12-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Clearly I'm no NK lover or one who bows to terrorists or censorship, etc but what idiot thought it was funny to blow up KJU head and anybody consider the reaction of the USA would be to a similar film depiciting a similar demise to the current sitting head of our country? Again, I'm no Obama fan but id be pissed about such disrespect for our leader regardless of my political agreement with him on policy.

Valid point. I wouldn't suggest it warranted a U.S. cyberattack on another country's company that made the film, but no doubt, I would be irritated about the content of the film.

Lot of people were irritated about Fahrenheit 911, or An Inconvenient Truth. Maybe those aren't great examples. I'm just trying to find something reasonably similar.

In my perfect world, I would have preferred the comedy to be about some fictional dictator who could not be tied very closely to North Korea. If people wanted to make a connection, they could, but the connection would be their's to make. And I'm not talking about just barely changing his name. But I reluctantly stand behind our first amendment right to talk about things unpleasant, and even untrue. I say reluctantly not because I disagree with the first amendment, but I disagree with so many things that require its use.

Doc
12-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Valid point. I wouldn't suggest it warranted a U.S. cyberattack on another country's company that made the film, but no doubt, I would be irritated about the content of the film.

Lot of people were irritated about Fahrenheit 911, or An Inconvenient Truth. Maybe those aren't great examples. I'm just trying to find something reasonably similar.

In my perfect world, I would have preferred the comedy to be about some fictional dictator who could not be tied very closely to North Korea. If people wanted to make a connection, they could, but the connection would be their's to make. And I'm not talking about just barely changing his name. But I reluctantly stand behind our first amendment right to talk about things unpleasant, and even untrue. I say reluctantly not because I disagree with the first amendment, but I disagree with so many things that require its use.

I'm not suggesting we would go cyber attack, or nuclear attack, or any type of attack, on their ass but I am suggesting we as a nation would not look kindly upon it. As a nation, I doubt North Korea understands the concept of satire, or even humor, so it really should be no surprise that they wouldn't get it. Of course I don't care about them getting it or not but it does perhaps explain why they might react differently than we would. And I suspect we would react to a N Korean film that graphically portrayed the killing of or president. Of that I'm sure.

Just offer another aspect to considet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SalsaKat
12-19-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm more upset at the theater chains than Sony Pictures. Sony only withdrew it because almost no theater was going to show it anyway. Well, that and liability. If there's anything a large corporation hates like the plague, it's risk. Even a tiny one.

I've also read that there's a chance this never sees the light of day and gets destroyed so Sony Pic can claim it as an insurance write-off. Not sure I buy that, but food for thought. If they do eventually release it they'd have a built in hype machine they wouldn't have otherwise. "SEE THE MOVIE THAT NEARLY STARTED A WAR!"

I dunno, I had no plans to see it anyway. It looks painfully unfunny. And based on Sony Pic's leaked emails so do they.

Edit: don't forget the theaters that were going to show Team America instead as a protest. Paramount gave them explicit permission to screen it, which they later wussed out and withdrew. So if you want to be mad at a film studio, go for the one that actively removed their film from theaters rather than giving theaters the option not to show it.

jazyd
12-19-2014, 05:00 PM
I agree with Doc and Darrell. It should have been released as a comedy and not as it was and why in the world would the white house okay it is beyond me, well they are elite liberals so that explains it I guess.

But let me throw this out there. Lets just say one you had a child, older teen, that went to see the movie or maybe your wife and friends. And lets just say that this group followed through and blew up that movie theater because Sony decided the heck with it and released it anyway. Would you still feel the same way?

When evil goes into a school and murders 141 students for no reason, none, do any of you really think they wouldn't blow up a movie theater full of people? When you have a weak president like we have, every tin horn dictator, terrorists, or whatever knows they now can do whatever they want and get away with it. There is no doubt in my mind that someone would have done something, what I have no idea. And there is no doubt in my mind that Obama would have done what he always does, nothing.

And all these elitists in Hollywood that are now mad at Sony, where have they been hiding on everything else that has happened in the last 6 years? But this might affect their hold grail, INCOME. Work 6 months and make $20 million, fly off to Italy in their villa and talk about how bad the US and conservatives are.

Was Sony right, probably yes. Why take the chance with the world like it is. They know Obama well, they know he wouldn't protect them, wouldn't do anything to the hackers, won't even try to find them. So they protected themselves.

Darrell KSR
12-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Hollywood wins: Some theaters agree to show "The Interview."

Here is where you can catch it. http://t.co/oePpksFybX

Darrell KSR
12-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Google Play Store also has it for rent or for purchase.

KSRBEvans
12-29-2014, 07:37 AM
Just getting back from Christmas in the country (i.e., limited internet availability) and seeing this. So glad to see it happen. Will be renting this week.

Darrell KSR
12-29-2014, 04:59 PM
In addition to being released in the theaters, and on Google Play Store, I also understand you can rent it on YouTube.

KSRBEvans
12-31-2014, 01:58 PM
Saw a tweet that they're going to be offering it via On Demand on more providers, including mine (Uverse).