PDA

View Full Version : Jeb running? And a scary tweet I read

KSRBEvans
12-16-2014, 09:46 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/jeb-bush-announces-hell-actively-explore-2016-run-n269226

Matthew Zeitlin‏@MattZeitlinˇ32 mins32 minutes ago
the gop hasn't won a presidential election without a bush on the ticket since 1972. without a bush or nixon since 1928.

jazyd
12-16-2014, 09:49 AM
No doubt, he will run

KSRBEvans
12-16-2014, 10:12 AM
I'm kind of hoping for a Jeb v Hillary election so I can swear off politics once and for all. I find I'm getting more libertarian as I get older, and this would probably be enough to push me over the edge.

CitizenBBN
12-16-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm kind of hoping for a Jeb v Hillary election so I can swear off politics once and for all. I find I'm getting more libertarian as I get older, and this would probably be enough to push me over the edge.

Join the revolution! Free minds, free markets and a free society. :) Just need enough folks to embrace throwing all these people out on their ears, realizing that both parties are just a ruling elite trying to keep us in line as they fight over the pie. The Dems are a tad worse only b/c they keep swearing they're for the little guy and the downtrodden while using them as nothing but puppets and keeping them poor and pliable, where the GOP is more upfront about their goals, but it's all about power in the end and not about public service or furthering the Great Experiment of our nation.

There are more in the GOP trying to fight the good fight right now, but it hasn't been enough to turn the party over on its side and do things the right way, at least not yet. But it's still brewing b/c people are not any less fed up with the current state of things.

Doc
12-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Having lived in FL when Jeb was governor, I can say that of the Bush's, Jeb is far and away the best leader of them all (OK, sure the bar set by the Georges isn't all that high). Its unfortunate that they are going to taint his name. However in a run off with Hillary, I guess Bubba will be pretty good ammo for the GOP assuming they use it tactically and tactfully.

suncat05
12-16-2014, 12:50 PM
If the choices are Jeb or Hillary, then there really isn't a choice. Not a decent choice, anyway.

jazyd
12-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Join the revolution! Free minds, free markets and a free society. :) Just need enough folks to embrace throwing all these people out on their ears, realizing that both parties are just a ruling elite trying to keep us in line as they fight over the pie. The Dems are a tad worse only b/c they keep swearing they're for the little guy and the downtrodden while using them as nothing but puppets and keeping them poor and pliable, where the GOP is more upfront about their goals, but it's all about power in the end and not about public service or furthering the Great Experiment of our nation.

There are more in the GOP trying to fight the good fight right now, but it hasn't been enough to turn the party over on its side and do things the right way, at least not yet. But it's still brewing b/c people are not any less fed up with the current state of things.

One of the problems I see is those in the GOP who claim to be tea party people, truly conservative one really all they are is the same as whats already there, they want the pie, the power and the greed like the rest. And so many are stupid enough to fall for it, just as they did here in Miss in this senate election. Trojan Horses is what they are.

There are good ones trying to buck the system, its just the system is so powerful they will do all they can to destroy those trying to do whats best for this country.

This country is upside down right now and I don't know if it can be righted again w/o a full scale revolution

Doc
12-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Folks can gripe about the Presidential choice but I'll tell you where the REAL issue is right now. The real problem is the Speaker of the House and Senate Majority leader (or the incoming one). Between Boehner and McConnell the GOP has done about as piss poor a job as they can do picking people to lead. You have a cross between tweedle dee and tweedle dumb and dumb and dumber! Its our version of Pelosi and Reid.

suncat05
12-16-2014, 03:19 PM
I am pretty much in agreement with you there, Doc. Especially with Boehner.

jazyd
12-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Folks can gripe about the Presidential choice but I'll tell you where the REAL issue is right now. The real problem is the Speaker of the House and Senate Majority leader (or the incoming one). Between Boehner and McConnell the GOP has done about as piss poor a job as they can do picking people to lead. You have a cross between tweedle dee and tweedle dumb and dumb and dumber! Its our version of Pelosi and Reid.

I could not agree more.

When I really realized totally there was no difference between the belt way GOP and the belt way Dems was when Congress William Jefferson, D of Lousiana was caught in a sting taking a $90,000 bribe by the FBI. Crooked as they come. During Katrina he made the Coast Guard take him by boat to his flooded house to retrieve important 'documents'...cash... When the FBI got a search warrant for his congressional office, they were met at the front door of the congressional building and were not allowed in, were told it was off limits and their search warrant would not be allowed to be served. They were met by the Majority Leader of the House, one Dennis H-R of Illinois. Here they had a chance to nail a crook, a democrat crook, who they had by the balls. And what did Dennis Hassert-R-Il, do, stood with the democrats. Why? Because they wanted to make sure their offices are always secure, no FBI needs to look at what is 'stored' in them. Does anyone think the democrats would have done the same for any GOP? Heck no they wouldn't. But they stood together that day, the day I knew for sure all of them were in the same bed. They make fun of each other during the day, and at night they drink and make fun of us.

The country may have been better off today if that plane had not crashed in Penn.

Personally I like George Bush, did some things I didn't agree with but so does my wife. But he had balls, and while some think he is stupid, he reminds me of a joke my dad used to tell. A dumb blonde may really be a smart brunette.

But I really don't want his brother in as President at this time, unless it is him or Hillary. Or senator Warren.

But we can't turn our backs on politics, can't say we give up. That is what all those greedy bastards want. No, its time to pay attention to every vote, every word, every action, read the internet and not just take the word of the media..either side...learn, listen, read, talk, tell friends what is really going on. Get active, teach your children..voting age or too young...tell them the truth and have facts to back it up.

TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK, for the sake of our grandchildren.

CitizenBBN
12-16-2014, 08:49 PM
McConnell may surprise some folks. He's a party guy and I've never denied that and oft criticized him for it, but he's very smart and he seems to have listened more to the other side since Paul knocked out his party guy for the other ky Senate seat. Not counting on it, but I'm going to withhold final judgment to see what he does.

suncat05
12-17-2014, 08:42 AM
I agree with your assertion on McConnell. I think he is much more of a pragmatist than Boehner could ever dream of being.
I was really hoping that Boehner was going to be a much better Speaker than he has been. Everything he does is about the GOP and not the American people. He talks a good game, but at the end of the day he's just another GOP Establishment hack.

suncat05
12-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Jeb definitely has some things working against him with me. I detest Common Core, it's not real or true educating, it's studying all year to take a damn test that means nothing except for achieving individual school rankings for purposes of acquiring Federal school money funding. And while I am in agreement that immigration needs to be streamlined & adjusted, I am not for the amnesty that Jeb touts. And...........just like Dad & brother "W", he'll sign anything that comes across his desk as far as spending is concerned, good or bad.
However, should he end up being the GOP nominee, and his opponent is that hag Hillary, or that other hag Warren, then the choice is clear. It won't be pleasant to have to do, but there won't be another alternative.

Doc
12-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Jeb definitely has some things working against him with me. I detest Common Core, it's not real or true educating, it's studying all year to take a damn test that means nothing except for achieving individual school rankings for purposes of acquiring Federal school money funding. And while I am in agreement that immigration needs to be streamlined & adjusted, I am not for the amnesty that Jeb touts. And...........just like Dad & brother "W", he'll sign anything that comes across his desk as far as spending is concerned, good or bad.
However, should he end up being the GOP nominee, and his opponent is that hag Hillary, or that other hag Warren, then the choice is clear. It won't be pleasant to have to do, but there won't be another alternative.

Not sure that Common Core is the same as what you are referring to. That is the FCAT testing. My wife detests the FCAT as well.

Doc
12-18-2014, 03:41 PM
I agree with your assertion on McConnell. I think he is much more of a pragmatist than Boehner could ever dream of being.
I was really hoping that Boehner was going to be a much better Speaker than he has been. Everything he does is about the GOP and not the American people. He talks a good game, but at the end of the day he's just another GOP Establishment hack.

He is just the GOP version of Reid.

BigBluePappy
12-20-2014, 10:51 AM
I agree, I am willing to give him a chance, even if he is a Dirty Bird fan...
Was absolutely the best choice of the two pitiful ones we had runnig. (Whole body shiver)

McConnell may surprise some folks. He's a party guy and I've never denied that and oft criticized him for it, but he's very smart and he seems to have listened more to the other side since Paul knocked out his party guy for the other ky Senate seat. Not counting on it, but I'm going to withhold final judgment to see what he does.

Doc
12-20-2014, 09:33 PM

Maybe we need somthing different than "party guys". Maybe we need something different than old Washington politicians for a change. Maybe we need people who can actually think for themselves rather than just puke out what the party wants them to puke out.

jazyd
12-20-2014, 09:46 PM
Maybe we need somthing different than "party guys". Maybe we need something different than old Washington politicians for a change. Maybe we need people who can actually think for themselves rather than just puke out what the party wants them to puke out.

Oh yea

KeithKSR
12-21-2014, 10:17 AM
I doubt it is Hillary vs Jeb. I expect the far left to get Warren nominated, same way they did Obama.

CitizenBBN
12-23-2014, 12:34 AM

You're trying to convince me, the guy who has been anti-party (both of them) for 15+ years on here?

yeah we need new shoes in the worst way. But I'm not going to cut off my foot to get them. The GOP needs to shift on its axis and become the Libertarian party, on social issues agreeing that it's a state issue and not part of a national platform on either side of the issue. If we can all agree to that we can get a big majority to agree on the fiscal issues and we're off to the races.

I'm all for throwing them out, but not for replacing them with other party people who are even worse, and that's pretty much the choice in most races. I really wish we'd get enough of the GOP on the new platform to make it stick, not sure how that's going to happen but I keep hoping.

DanISSELisdaman
12-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Boehner is a traitor to his party. He has sold out in too many important issues to be considered otherwise.

Doc
12-26-2014, 04:09 PM
You're trying to convince me, the guy who has been anti-party (both of them) for 15+ years on here?

yeah we need new shoes in the worst way. But I'm not going to cut off my foot to get them. The GOP needs to shift on its axis and become the Libertarian party, on social issues agreeing that it's a state issue and not part of a national platform on either side of the issue. If we can all agree to that we can get a big majority to agree on the fiscal issues and we're off to the races.

I'm all for throwing them out, but not for replacing them with other party people who are even worse, and that's pretty much the choice in most races. I really wish we'd get enough of the GOP on the new platform to make it stick, not sure how that's going to happen but I keep hoping.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything nor do I believe I need to. I suspect you see things like me. I just don't think Beohner is a smart guy. In fact I think he is one dumb ###### #######. He was given a golden goose in an election where the people told him in no uncertain terms that the policies are not working, you have the momentum, DO SOMETHING-DAMMIT, and what does this bubble headed numb skull do? He does exactly what the political machine of the last 50 years say he should do. Hey, let's fund Obamacare for a year! Good move John! Let's get that debate off the table. Let's fund the government for a year so we don't have to force budget cuts now, let's kick it down the road, closer to the next elects! Good strategy, moron. Don't tell me you're going to do all this before the election then do the same crap after. That is politics as usual and its why all those other people got voted out

kingcat
12-26-2014, 06:07 PM
There will not be another Bush in the White House. Of that I am 100 percent certain. :eclipsee_Victoria:

Doc
12-27-2014, 03:58 PM
There will not be another Bush in the White House. Of that I am 100 percent certain. :eclipsee_Victoria:

Yep, I don't think Hillary wins

KeithKSR
12-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Jeb has a better shot than Hillary. Hillary will be associated with Obama's failings.

I think some of you are in for a surprise. McConnell is not at all like Reid and is known for getting both sides to negotiate compromises. Reid was Obama's vetoer-in-chief, obstructed a lot of legislation that could have passed with moderate Dems and moderate GOP support.

Doc
12-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Jeb has a better shot than Hillary. Hillary will be associated with Obama's failings.

I think some of you are in for a surprise. McConnell is not at all like Reid and is known for getting both sides to negotiate compromises. Reid was Obama's vetoer-in-chief, obstructed a lot of legislation that could have passed with moderate Dems and moderate GOP support.

McConnell is the epitome of old school Washington politics which is what people are sick and tired of. Obama won because he was seen as a new generation of politician. Ditto for Clinton and Bush the second. The younger generation is sick of old school politicians which defines guys like Mitch, the glad handlers who work the halls of Congress and do back room deals.