PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for my own Brown / Garner protest

Doc
12-12-2014, 12:40 PM
Hey, I want in!

I was listening to Oberman this morning and he was talking about the recent rage of "I can't breathe" and "Hand up" protests. Got talking about the Georgetown team unity thing with the I Can't Breathe shirts being a good thing (I can almost agree) but he blasted Dana Altman for stating that Oregon players Jordan Bell and Dwayne Benjamin (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-12-11/hands-up-dont-shoot-basketball-oregon-dana-altman-i-cant-breathe-shirts) "hand up" and mock frisking during national anthem was inappropriate. Seems that Keith "ultra-left winger liberal protest anything you can any time you can" Olberman thinks Altman "doesn't get it" (Olberman's words) because clearly if you don't agree with Keith then you don't get it. See if you have any type of respect for the country and feel that when the national anthem is playing that you can and should hold your tongue for that 2 minutes then you don't get it. Clearly those 2 minutes ARE the time to make your statement. I mean that IS the time to make your political statement, its not the time to show your respect for the country.

Anyway, I've decided to come up with my own Ferguson tribute and want your opinion on how it would go over. During the next home game, during the national anthem, I'm going to pretend to beat up a couple of innocent people, then bum rush a police man and grab his gun....or at least try to grab his gun....or just pantamine that I'm grabbing his gun... I wonder if Keith "get rid of all your guns" Olberman will think my protest is "appropriate"? I mean isn't that what the Grand Jury decided happened in Ferguson?

CitizenBBN
12-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Keith Olberman? Only guy out there dumber than BIlly Reed. What desperate propaganda outlet is he with now?

Any protest during the national anthem should get you a one way ticket out of the country IMO. You don't have to support the nation, but then the way to do that is to freakin' leave. Otherwise we settle our differences without turning our backs on the nation as a whole and the sacrifices that have been made for it.

Doc
12-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Keith Olberman? Only guy out there dumber than BIlly Reed. What desperate propaganda outlet is he with now?

ESPN.... I actually like his sports stuff. Sort of edgy and sarcastic, until he turns political.

jazyd
12-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Refuse to watch anything he is on. I don't have respect for any of these athletes wearing theses shirts right now, none know all the facts. None wear shirts of whites being killed by blacks. None have worn a shirt with a likeness of the white cop in A,
La that not only does not arrest the black female thief, he pays for her things and gives her a big hug