PDA

View Full Version : Spectator walking stick seats

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Scenario: You're going to be watching your child play golf tournaments this spring. You're not old enough (and too cheap) to rent golf carts to follow, plus you want the exercise of walking 9-18 holes while following. Plus at soccer matches, you don't like to "sit," but sit/leaning would be ok.

Solution: spectator walking stick seat. Help me pick one. If you use one, or have one that you love, let me know, too.

Choices so far are below. I have tried to find the best price I can find for similar products (for example, the first one is a very common model. They jack up the shipping to $12, but the total price of $32 is around the lowest). The critiques that seem to be common on all of them are that the one legged design is unstable (doh), which doesn't bother me. This is designed for 2-minute "rests," more than sitting. I haven't found any where I thought the reviews were great, even ignoring the "unstable" criticisms. But I don't want to spent $100 for a seat either.

Choice "A" ($32; pretty standard--for outdoor use pretty much only, although that's 99% of what I'd use it for)

https://www.horseloverz.com/product/other/165688-spectator-seat-stick.html

https://d21w1ago704mi4.cloudfront.net/large/5-136828.jpg

Choice "B" ($44; kinda like the idea that it folds up, but not sure why. Probably not as comfortable, but more "lean" than "sit," which, for golf spectating, is more than fine.)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0065O8LVU/ref=asc_df_B0065O8LVU3433256?tag=thefind0215436-20&creative=395261&creativeASIN=B0065O8LVU&linkCode=asn

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2Br43G0R2L.jpg

Choice "C" (about $20-25. This one I can pick up locally anywhere for about that price. I'm not too thrilled with it for a couple of reasons--one, is that it seems very flimsy to me when I sit on it at my weight, and two, I don't like having to straddle the handle, which is the recommended way to sit with it, according to a couple of the directions I read). This is an example of one, but there are plenty of them around.

http://www.golfdiscount.com/charter-spectator-sport-seat?utm_source=google&utm_medium=sce&utm_campaign=product&gclid=CjwKEAiAnqWkBRCGm5uyu5r13jsSJACBZ4WystmYy5LM 9p5A_eCLYg-ML0fvg50IPL91jxCq063XihoCxS7w_wcB

http://www.golfdiscount.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/363x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/c/h/charter-spectator-sport-seat_45313.jpg

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Here's a 4th one. It's similar to Choice "C," but appears a bit more stable.

Choice "D" ($38, unless you buy what appears to be the same item from a medical supply company, then it's $229):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cane-Seat-Adjustable-Height-ID-108715-/151429352677?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTE2WDMyMQ==/z/cY0AAOSwkNZUbQhP/$_12.JPG

Here's the link to where they are selling what appears to be the same product for $229:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drive-Medical-Folding-Lightweight-Adjustable-Height-Cane-Seat/251298661101?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3D9e6e4b0c39ab4b65a44 8fac3b044771e%26pid%3D100204%26prg%3D2014040711523 9%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D151429352677

OK, one more. Unless I find another. Here's one that also appears a bit mroe substantial, although it looks like the height it lower than I like.

Choice "E" ($70--ouch. That probably kills it for me)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Walking-Chair-Cane-Stool-Stadium-Chair-Company-250lbs-Heavy-Seat-New/131363826029?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2 6asc%3D27538%26meid%3D2d2f7f3292cf43969ec13440d7ee 10ef%26pid%3D100005%26prg%3D11353%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3 D6%26sd%3D251298661101&rt=nc

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDUwMA==/z/1-0AAOSwAL9UeUo6/$_12.JPG

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Hunters?

Choice "F" ($60)

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=MOJO-Outdoors-Mud-Seat&i=787874

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/GanderMountainOvertons/787874_L1?$browse$

Or this one for $40

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/game-winner-realtree-max-5-swamp-seat/pid-1192703?N=29812144

http://assets.academy.com/mgen/66/10361466.jpg?is=500,500

dan_bgblue
12-11-2014, 08:33 PM
Please stay away from the tripod seats. Everyone I have seen in person is very lightly built and wobbly. Seems as if they should be fairly stable but I have never tested one that is.

If you stick with something like this you will not be disappointed, and they are very light weight, and fold down into a very manageable package for transport.

http://www.amazon.com/Quik-Chair-Folding-Carrying-Green/dp/B006QR1I4S/ref=sr_1_10?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1418351467&sr=1-10

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 09:20 PM
I think I will use that as the final nail in the coffin for those tripod ones, too. At least without seeing it in person, I've never seen one I'm comfortable with either.

I can't go the camp style chair though. Odds are I will be carrying, folding and unfolding many times in a few hours. Need a quick fold thing only.

By the way, my wife says I obsess over purchases. I think she's cuckoo.

CitizenBBN
12-11-2014, 09:50 PM
there's a model sold by a company in San Francisco that is well built and will all but guarantee you don't fall off of it. ;)

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 10:18 PM
there's a model sold by a company in San Francisco that is well built and will all but guarantee you don't fall off of it. ;)

I stopped reading after San Francisco. I feared what would follow.

dan_bgblue
12-12-2014, 03:45 PM
I can't go the camp style chair though. Odds are I will be carrying, folding and unfolding many times in a few hours. Need a quick fold thing only.

The ones I have only require that I grasp the arms and pull up and toward the center to collapse the chair and do the same motion with the arms in reverse to fold it all the way out. It is a 5 second take down and maybe 10 secs max to set up. It does require another 15 seconds or so to store it in the carry bag, but unless you are hiking a long way between stops, I would just carry it sans bag. Unless I am trying to get away from a fire, avoid an oncoming vehicle, etc., then the 5 to 10 sec interval is the same interval as stopping to take a picture or brush the dirt and grass off my jeans because I had been sitting on the ground.

Darrell KSR
12-15-2014, 09:26 AM
The chair just doesn't work for this, Dan. It will probably be used 3 or 4 times per hole, for 9-18 holes, over a period of 2.5-5 hours. I kinda want it to be as inconspicuous, quiet and quick as possible. Won't be used but a minute or two at a time.

I guess the other thing is the getting up and sitting down each time. Because it will be done as many as 50-100 times a day, I think it would be better to have something that didn't require you to sit all the way down, and get all the way up. It's funny as I get older how those things make a difference. I remember my Dad, who was in the insurance business and used to get in and out of his car many times a day, would always look for a car that wasn't low to the ground, because it was more tiring getting out of the car multiple times a day.

This thing is basically designed to be a better option than leaning against a tree ;).

dan_bgblue
12-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Check this one out. It is pricey, but the reviews are really good and you can choose from 4 different seat heights. I found it by googling "photographer travel seats". IF I were going to buy one, this would be the one I would get

http://www.amazon.com/Walkstool-Comfort-18-inch-Portable-Photography/dp/B000N29XW6#customerReviews

Darrell KSR
12-15-2014, 12:16 PM
You, my friend, are brilliant. I don't know that I want to spend that money, but that is by far the best device to fit the need I've seen.

Darrell KSR
12-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Check this one out. It is pricey, but the reviews are really good and you can choose from 4 different seat heights. I found it by googling "photographer travel seats". IF I were going to buy one, this would be the one I would get

http://www.amazon.com/Walkstool-Comfort-18-inch-Portable-Photography/dp/B000N29XW6#customerReviews

I'm 6'0 tall. I want to sit high (that's another reason I was interested in the monopod type "lean" design). I think the 75cm (30") design will be too tall, though, but the 65cm (26") work fine.

I may have to go stool shopping in a store to check out how the sizes would work. I read one review that said the stool "droops" a little (makes sense that the seat would sag; otherwise it would be darn uncomfortable) about an inch, so it might be 25" vs 29" instead. My guess is that the 65cm design will be stretching it as far as I want to stretch for comfort.

I saw the 65 and 75 cm ones are both rated for 550 pounds; both listed on the company's website as extreme comfort (versus the 45 cm and 55 cm ones, which had some other adjective that wasn't quite as comfortable).

I did see they offered a "basic" model in 50 and 60cm for about $45. I'd just hate to get that, save a few bucks, and not be happy with something I plan to use hundreds of times (over the course of a few tournaments by itself).

dan_bgblue
12-15-2014, 06:33 PM
I read that the comfort version offers more surface area to park your butt, but I have not found out how many more sq centimeters it has than the basic model.

CitizenBBN
12-15-2014, 06:45 PM
You're a lawyer and a teacher. Get a couple of interns or clerks or students to just litter-bear you around.

Darrell KSR
01-04-2015, 11:21 PM
You're a lawyer and a teacher. Get a couple of interns or clerks or students to just litter-bear you around.

Lol. I'll consider it.

In the meantime, I still haven't ordered. I really want to sit high, almost standing, but want it to be comfortable. I sure wish I could see it in person first.

Read where a 5'9 crossing guard said the 26" model was perfect for him to sit up high, but that if you were taller, you might want the 30" model. I'm taller, but only 3" taller, and wouldn't want it to be uncomfortable.

I guess I need to go to a store with bar stools (or better yet, a bar) and a tape measure.

dan_bgblue
01-05-2015, 06:41 PM
Darrell, I am 6' tall also. My legs are a bit longer than most 6 footers as I wear 34" inseam pants. A 30 inch seat would be perfect for me if I just wanted to kind of use it as a prop when I bent my knees a couple inches, rather than actually use it as a sit down seat. It might be the perfect height for what you want to do with it.

Darrell KSR
01-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Darrell, I am 6' tall also. My legs are a bit longer than most 6 footers as I wear 34" inseam pants. A 30 inch seat would be perfect for me if I just wanted to kind of use it as a prop when I bent my knees a couple inches, rather than actually use it as a sit down seat. It might be the perfect height for what you want to do with it.

I appreciate the thoughts--that's exactly what I want to use it as, but I'm longer bodied, shorter-legged. I'm 32" inseam. Probably 30" as well (especially since it purportedly "droops" an inch), but I would like to be able to crouch just a little while having my feet flat. I *think* I could, but I think I'm going to be a closer call than you would be.

CitizenBBN
01-05-2015, 08:46 PM
litter bearing is sounding simpler all the time. :) Just make sure your t*** don't fall off. (bonus if anyone gets that reference)

dan_bgblue
01-07-2015, 05:14 PM
It sounds like 26 inches would likely be a perfect fit for what you want. You would likely "sit" on that height stool, but you would sit high and your feet would definitely be flat on the ground and your thighs would be pointed down, not flat like they would be in most chairs.

Good luck

Darrell KSR
01-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Dan, I ordered the 26" one. Thank you for that find--I think it is exactly what I was looking for. I think you're right; I'll sit at that height, but it'll still sit up high, which will make the view still good and getting up from it many times in a day of spectating and walking pretty easy.

I took a quick peek at the 24" "basic" model--could get that one for about 1/2 the price--but ultimately decided it was something I'd be using every week; the "comfort" model is built to hold a minimum of 550 pounds and is 80% larger seat than other similar type stools (as opposed to 20% larger that the "basic" one was done), and had more durable rubber feet. Plus it was 24", and I'm already compromising a little to drop to 26. I think the basic one would have been a great find (it holds 385 pounds, so it's substantive as well), too. Both were considerably better than anything I had located.

Of course, I just ordered it, so my opinion could change when it arrives--but I doubt it. It takes me forever to make up my mind on anything, but it's usually a good decision eventually.

Except for squirrel evictor light installation. That's always a bad decision.

dan_bgblue
01-28-2015, 11:05 AM
Please let us know what you think of it after you get o try it out a bit. Christmas is only 331 day away

Darrell KSR
01-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Please let us know what you think of it after you get o try it out a bit. Christmas is only 331 day away

I will. To me, it's an extravagant treat, but for any of us who enjoy outdoor spectator sports, or photography, or hiking, etc. I think we will get our moneys worth if it lives up to expectations.

Darrell KSR
01-29-2015, 11:23 AM
This isn't seat-specific, but received an email that it has already been shipped and is expected to arrive tomorrow. (I ordered it Tuesday night when I posted). That's just the regular shipping and no two-day shipping or other special shipping method. Purchased through the Amazon link/

dan_bgblue
01-29-2015, 10:01 PM
Not unusual for Amazon. If the item is being sold directly by them it may have been in a shipping center within 100 miles of Birmingham.

Darrell KSR
01-31-2015, 02:38 PM
Will wait until I walk 9 holes of golf with it before detailed report. Will say the 26" height is perfect for me. I do sit with my knees bent at a 90 degree angle and feet flat. While I first wanted to have the angle be steeper than that, it still sits you up high. The seat is very large, but it is a tripod stool, so if someone is expecting comfort of a regular chair, you will be disappointed. This is for a few minutes here or there.

Will follow up with more after it gets used in "game conditions," but I'll add this. My daughter asked me how much I paid for it. I had her guess, and she guessed way low. You do get the feeling, if you are frugal, that you overpaid. But I'm still confident it is the best option for what I needed, so you pay what it costs, within reason.

Darrell KSR
02-11-2015, 12:03 AM
I tossed it in the back of my car for possible use at a show choir competition where it becomes fire Marshall violating, standing room only. But I didn't need it, so can't give much more.

I have just played with it a little to get used to it. What I am going to do is to take it out of the bag (decent carry pouch, but nothing special), then extend the legs, let them click in place, and carry it that way. It's still small, very lightweight, and easy to carry - but this way I won't be constantly extending the legs, then retracting them, possible several times in a hole or two.

I have sat on it at home from time to time just fooling around with it, and the quality just really sneaks up on you. I have figured out how to sit in it (triangle seat, you get the drift) and it is comfortable enough, but you would not want this to replace your chair you use to watch a child's baseball game--unless you are a pacer. At my son's soccer games, despite us owning 1,274 of the camp style chairs everybody owns, I never use one because I stand and pace during the game. Well, this time I will take it for a 5 minute sit here and there.

More next week (I think) when they play their first golf match of the season.

Darrell KSR
02-21-2015, 07:55 PM
Have used it 3 times now.

1) fixing dishwasher upper rack. Easier than stooping over. Used about 15 minutes.
2) while watching 90 minutes of soccer match. Rarely got up, because the game was at Samford University, and our assistant coach is the head coach at Samford, and opened the press box for us because it was so cold. The chairs were too low to have a full view of the field, so it was ideal. But press box wasn't conducive to walking the field sidelines as I normally do, so a lot of sitting. Comfortable enough, but not meant for prolonged sitting.

3) I'm sitting on it now in the lobby next to an auditorium where I've been for 12 hours and counting today. Auditorium is overflowing, violating fire marshal rules I am sure. They have a video monitor in the lobby, but you have to stand. I've been on this for 20 minutes, and nice to get off my feet. Was up at 4:30 this morning, and I'm tired even before arriving here almost 4 hours later.

Next test will be in Prattville, Alabama in 9 days, where I will walk 18 holes of golf with my daughter's high school team. That's about 5 or 6 miles, and will probably take about 6 hours to finish. Will update then.

Darrell KSR
02-21-2015, 09:48 PM
By the way, I sold one tonight.

Stranger came up to me and asked me where I got it. I gave you credit for the recommendation, let him sit on it, and gave him the name of the stool and told him I got it on Amazon.

dan_bgblue
02-22-2015, 08:02 AM
Do we get to split the commission?

Darrell KSR
02-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Do we get to split the commission?

Check is in the mail.

Darrell KSR
03-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Big test tomorrow morning. Will be leaving Birmingham at about 6:15 a.m. headed to Prattville Country Club, in Prattville, Alabama, for the first golf tournament of the year. Tee time will be approximately 8:50 a.m.

We will arrive at about 7:30 a.m. for the girls to hit the driving range and warm-up. Forecast tomorrow is showers. I am very tempted to rent a golf cart tomorrow and ride the 18 holes, but I'll get my exercise in and walk. Plus parents are allowed to help locate lost golf balls (but not to talk to players), so I'll be more mobile walking anyway.

Should get that walkstool a good workout tomorrow. I will have it out of the bag, and the legs extended the entire time and just carry it in my hands. It is very light-weight.

I may carry a backpack; not sure about that.

dan_bgblue
03-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Back might be a bit much, but a fanny pack would come in handy for those "found" golf balls

Darrell KSR
03-01-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm thinking water bottle and dry socks right now. Maybe some sort of snack. Nothing more.

I have a gym sack kinda thing, very lightweight that I'll carry I guess.

Darrell KSR
03-02-2015, 10:05 AM
A++++++.

Darrell KSR
03-02-2015, 11:04 AM
This thing is great. I'm on hole 6 with it, and it is absolutely perfect for my needs.

dan_bgblue
03-02-2015, 11:37 AM
If it does not crumble on you before the end of the round, I will have to add it to my meager Christmas list.

Darrell KSR
03-02-2015, 02:08 PM
If it does not crumble on you before the end of the round, I will have to add it to my meager Christmas list.

On hole 17 (girls play slowly). Worth it. I owe you.

Darrell KSR
03-02-2015, 05:56 PM
The real key to me is how light it is. Very easy to grab and walk, leaving legs fully extended, requiring no effort to place it down again and sit on it.

I walked 6.79 miles today on the course, stopping frequently. One thing that I did not realize is that I could use it as a portable, temporary table when I wanted to continue to stand. The seat is large and easily held my drawstring bag and gatorade bottle.

The drawstring bag had my rain jacket and pants, extra water bottle, pair of dry socks, and range finder.

Perfect day. Daughter had a great day, personal record, 3rd best on her team of 6,and I was thrilled to see some excellent shots (with plenty of the other kind, but we won't talk about those). I enjoyed it that much more by always having a reasonably comfortable seat to sit in. I'm not one to waste money, but hopefully this will last a long time, and I love the product. Six hours on the course with it today and I feel I almost have my money's worth already.

Darrell KSR
03-07-2015, 06:17 AM
Soccer tournament this weekend.

22 degrees right now. Of course we draw the earliest match time today.

Will use the walkstool today and tomorrow unless it is too cold to sit.

Darrell KSR
03-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Sat on it for two 30 minute halves this morning. Very comfortable. And Birmingham has hills, such that if you're sitting "down" you may not see the players feet 80+ yards away from you due to the curvature of the geography, but sitting up that high I could see fine. Towered over parents in regular chairs.

I could see going 75 cm rather than 65 if I were two inches taller, but I am very happy with the size.

dan_bgblue
03-08-2015, 06:43 PM
Thanks for sharing all the info. I have only one question and that is the seat on the one you got 16"? I am not sure how you measure a triangle seat but am sure it would either be the length of one leg of the triangle or the altitude measured from the middle of one of the legs to the tip of the opposite point.

Thanks

Darrell KSR
03-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Thanks for sharing all the info. I have only one question and that is the seat on the one you got 16"? I am not sure how you measure a triangle seat but am sure it would either be the length of one leg of the triangle or the altitude measured from the middle of one of the legs to the tip of the opposite point.

Thanks

I will measure it and post later.

Darrell KSR
03-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Dan, from side to side it is about 17.5 inches. It is 16 inches across the seat. Here's a pic of each (complete with my daughter's hand, a throw pillow in the floor, and a coat hanger. Accessories not included).

dan_bgblue
03-08-2015, 09:19 PM
You da man. Thanks very much. I have wheedled permission to order my Christmas present early. I am really looking forward to having it in the kit.

Oh yes, please thank your daughter for me for her assistance.

Darrell KSR
03-08-2015, 10:06 PM
You da man. Thanks very much. I have wheedled permission to order my Christmas present early. I am really looking forward to having it in the kit.

Oh yes, please thank your daughter for me for her assistance.

No, I owe you the thanks. I am really enjoying it.

You can take a look at the pic and compare it to the other things I was going to get, and see how much better it is.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Darrell KSR
03-08-2015, 10:30 PM
One more pic, Dan.
This is me sitting on it. You can see the bend of knee.

I'm longer in the torso than legs. 6' tall, 31" pants leg. This is the 26", 65cm model.

Darrell KSR
03-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Hitting course for 9 hole match now. Next workout for the walkstool, if my wife brings it.

Darrell KSR
03-17-2015, 04:37 PM
Loonnnng waits leading to extended sitting opportunities today. Slow.....

Darrell KSR
03-20-2015, 09:12 AM
Their 9 hole match was 3 hours long yesterday.

I was sitting on the walkstool as I saw my daughter make her first ever two-putt par, missing a 12' birdie putt, her first ever. The ball circled the hole as she made a great attempt at it. I'm not sure I would've fallen off the stool like the Georgia State coach, but it was pretty exciting.

dan_bgblue
05-17-2015, 06:42 PM
Darrell, I am ready to place an order for one and I wonder if the model number happens to be on a tag on the seat, or if you happen to still have the receipt would it be on it. I just want the best shot at getting the same model you wound up with

Darrell KSR
05-17-2015, 07:50 PM
I will find it.

Darrell KSR
05-17-2015, 08:06 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015A8DVM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's from my order, but they have jacked the price up $30. I got the 65cm one. I am sure prices are better elsewhere .

Edit - I bought it for $76, but Amazon changed the seller at that link because my seller is out of them, The professional Depot. Walkstool itself is now the seller at that link, at a higher price.

dan_bgblue
05-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Thank you very much. B&H Camera stii had them at a good price a few days ago. Hope they have them in stock tomorrow

dan_bgblue
05-29-2015, 09:38 PM
The Brown truck delivered mine today. It is everything you said it is and maybe a bit more. Stability is better than I ever thought it could be. I do wish that they had a height between 26" and 30". Goldilocks would have proclaimed a 28" tall model to be "just right", but I am very satisfied with what I got. If it holds up for a few years, it will have been money well spent. Will let me take photos of the grandkids from their eye level in complete comfort.

Darrell KSR
05-29-2015, 11:58 PM
The Brown truck delivered mine today. It is everything you said it is and maybe a bit more. Stability is better than I ever thought it could be. I do wish that they had a height between 26" and 30". Goldilocks would have proclaimed a 28" tall model to be "just right", but I am very satisfied with what I got. If it holds up for a few years, it will have been money well spent. Will let me take photos of the grandkids from their eye level in complete comfort.

Outstanding. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed mine. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

Darrell KSR
07-07-2016, 09:03 AM
I'm at a soccer camp with my son. Wife dropped us off at 7:30 this morning and will retrieve us after 6pm. I go to and from the hotel, to and from various soccer fields, and such and the walkstool has been a Godsend. Light enough to stick in my backpack, and portable and sturdy enough to support me wherever and whenever I need.

Love my Walkstool.

Darrell KSR
11-03-2016, 07:00 AM
Another soccer season completed and the Walkstool performed great. It rides in my bag with my tripod and small video camera bag, and I place it beside the tripod when I am recording. If I'm feeling lazy, I can record while sitting in it or otherwise it is for halftime, or a quick injury break, etc.

Still going strong. Very portable and nice height!

Darrell KSR
05-18-2019, 10:42 PM
Just finished my son's high school spring season, and walkstool accompanied me all over the state and into Georgia. That has been one of the best products I've ever used.

Dan, thank you again. My needs for it will drop from 50 times a year to maybe 5-10, but this thing has been great. It resides in the back of my car unless we're taking my wife's car for whatever reason, as it is always with me. Shows no signs of wear.

Darrell KSR
05-20-2019, 10:11 AM

Dan, I hope yours is still holding up well. I'd be surprised if it is not. Without back support, it's not your ideal "sit and watch a game" kind of thing, but if you're doing photography of the action, it's great.

dan_bgblue
05-20-2019, 08:24 PM
I have not managed to tear it up yet and it is still riding around in the back floor board of my crew cab. It rides with my tripod, my golf umbrella, and my Canon S5 IS. I consider it to be money well spent.