PDA

View Full Version : I keep going back to Best Buy...what the heck is wrong with me?

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Ordered two Dell monitors. Good price, satisfied with the product. Ordered November 28.

One shipped November 29. Received December 1.

The other wasn't shipped then. Instead, I received an email that it was shipped December 1. Provided a UPS tracking number.

And waited.
And waited.

Tracking number says shipping label created, but has not been picked up. Hasn't been shipped. Best Buy has created the label, and it hasn't shipped.

I am now on my 5th telephone call with them. There is NO savings that is worth this. NONE. One told me to give it another week. I'm not in a terrible hurry for it, but I want it shipped.

The 2nd one told me that I had to check with UPS. No, I check with Best Buy. It's still at Best Buy's warehouse. This isn't something lost from UPS. It's some glitch in the system they need to fix.

3rd one connected me to Primary Care, whatever that is....where it disconnected.
4th one connected me to Primary Care, whatever that is....where it disconnected.
5th one read to me the tracking information. Label created, and would be shipped. I explained I could read that also, and I needed somebody to ship it. She placed me on hold, where I've been the last 10 minutes....and counting.

What is wrong with me?

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 12:53 PM
14:35 and counting.

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 01:01 PM
19 minutes on hold (approximately; I didn't look when they picked up), and then they told me to call UPS, that UPS had it.

I told them I did not believe them. I have no choice now but to call UPS. I will be calling Best Buy back.

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 01:06 PM
After UPS telephone call, I'm now on my 6th call to Best Buy.

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 01:53 PM
Got disconnected, but to their credit, I placed a 7th telephone call to them, and while I was speaking to the person who answered the phone, they called in, and I just clicked over and it was the person with whom I was previously speaking, calling me back. So I don't know whether to call that 6 phone calls (since that was sort of a continuation), or 7 calls, since I called them 7 times, or 8 calls, since I called them 7 times, and they called me once.

I have concluded talkinig with her, but I am now on hold for their "back office," who will provide more specific information.

The new story is that it is on back order--nevermind I have never been told that before the 6/7/8th telephone call, or that I have never received an email or anything "in writing" that says that.

That MIGHT be accurate. I don't know. I told the lady she was very nice, and I believe that she believed what she said was true, but that I had just spoken with another rep they had not 10 minutes before we began speaking, who told me that UPS had the monitor, and SHE had verified that with her supervisor. (After a lengthy hold).

Now on the phone with their "back office," who tells me their version of the story is correct. When I pointed out that several of them had given me different versions already, and that it appeared to a bystander that this was just the latest story when the other ones didn't work, he told me that he would place me on hold and "verify" it.

I don't know what their verification process is, but I can assure you, I won't believe it.

The good news is, I don't mind a delay. If the company had sent me an email November 29 and said both monitors were on backorder, I would've been fine with it. I just don't believe anything they're telling me, and I told the lady that at the end of this month, when it wasn't shipped, and it didn't arrive, I'd be on the phone with them again.

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 02:43 PM
I moved from one office to another, still on the phone call. 1:26:02 and counting. Been on 2 holds the last 40 minute, which I don't mind that much because I do other things on hold.

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 04:54 PM
After 1 hr, 45 minutes, and 58 seconds, I accepted their offer to "follow up with me" by separate email "within 24 hours."

We'll see. They offered to refund the purchase price of one monitor, and I said I'd consider refunding both and returning the other, but for now, they needed to simply provide the monitor I paid for already.

Darrell KSR
12-12-2014, 12:29 PM
I waited 23 hours. Long enough.

On the phone now canceling order in progress, and requesting return label for one that was shipped.

Darrell KSR
12-12-2014, 12:51 PM
OMG.

One has been canceled. I have the RMA label for it. The other, they're telling me can't be canceled because the product has shipped.

Amazing. Just amazing.

Darrell KSR
12-12-2014, 01:09 PM
You have GOT to be kidding me.

After a 41 minute phone conversation, the "supervisor" in the Back Office said that the connection was poor, and asked for a phone number to call me. I told her that she wasn't going to call. She said she would. So we hung up.

No call.

Amazing. As "frugal" as I am, there is nothing that is worth this aggravation.

dan_bgblue
12-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Next time you get the urge to do business with them, and there will come that day, please give me a call and we will do an intervention kinda thing where I talk you down off the ledge.

Darrell KSR
12-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Next time you get the urge to do business with them, and there will come that day, please give me a call and we will do an intervention kinda thing where I talk you down off the ledge.

Promise me you'll do that. I never want to go through this again.

blueboss
12-12-2014, 08:19 PM
I went into Best Buy to look at televisions several years ago, I told them I was interested in looking at the Sony's they had in stock, the guy told me that Best Buy didn't carry Sony. I was like really what are those behind you? He turned and looked at them, turned back around to me and said they must have just got them in. I was like, oh did you just get here? He said no he'd been there all day and was about to get off....I too left

A year or two later I went back to look at laptops, the guy was like can I help you? I said I'd like to buy a laptop, he said my best bet was to go home and buy one on line....I left, went home and bought one from Dells website.

I have not been back.

CitizenBBN
12-17-2014, 09:01 PM
I had pretty much this same dance trying to get my phone replaced. I don't know how you aren't in jail for blowing up some corporate headquarters. ;)

KSRBEvans
12-18-2014, 07:17 AM
A month or so ago Mrs. BEvans and I went to the Apple Store to get a new iPad for her. We knew exactly what we wanted and just wanted to pick one up and pay for it.

3 Apple dudes were standing around talking to one another and I walked up and asked if one of them could get one for us. 1 of them took our name and said he could help us, and he'd be with us in about 45 minutes.

I asked why, and he said they were prioritizing getting iPhones for people who had pre-ordered, and we had to be put in the queue behind those who had scheduled an appointment to come get their iPhone.

I asked if 1 of the 3 of them who were standing around doing nothing at that moment could help us, and he said that unfortunately, they had to be available to help as soon as the iPhone appointment came in.

So the Mrs. and I went across the street to Best Buy, where a guy helped us buy the iPad and a case to go with it in about 15 minutes.

I think of Best Buy kind of like Wal-Mart or Target for electronics. If I know what I want, need no help other than paying for it, and hopefully have no return/exchange issues, they're fine--at least the local one we go to. Lots of "ifs," I know.