PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Dons "I Can't Breath T-Shirt"..Last Spring He Should've Worn "I'm Choking"

Darryl
12-08-2014, 09:45 PM
during the NBA Finals versus the Spurs:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12001456/lebron-james-kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-garnett-deron-williams-brooklyn-nets-wear-breathe-shirt-reference-eric-garner

Darryl

Rock Hard Ten
12-08-2014, 10:18 PM
:(

cattails
12-08-2014, 10:34 PM
None of us know the full story of what happened, I think they should just stay out of it.

catsroar
12-08-2014, 10:35 PM
He only averaged 28-8-4-2 during the finals. It was almost like he didn't show up.

Genuine Realist
12-09-2014, 12:00 AM
There's a lot to say about both the police cases. Though I think the Ferguson cop had as good a self-defense claim as I have ever reviewed, and the Garner cop probably has more to say, I am happy to see Lebron take the stand he does.

Also Barkley, which might sould contradictory, but is not. Barkeley is channeling the realistic view of the problems of the Underclass first presented by Moynihan in the famous report. Both views have validity, and a good thing to publicize them.

cattails
12-09-2014, 07:25 AM
There's a lot to say about both the police cases. Though I think the Ferguson cop had as good a self-defense claim as I have ever reviewed, and the Garner cop probably has more to say, I am happy to see Lebron take the stand he does.

Also Barkley, which might sould contradictory, but is not. Barkeley is channeling the realistic view of the problems of the Underclass first presented by Moynihan in the famous report. Both views have validity, and a good thing to publicize them.

All they are doing is putting gas on the fire, if the guy was white would they still have the shirts on? As Americans we need to get over the color of a man's skin and judge him by the content of his character.

jazyd
12-09-2014, 09:33 AM
All they are doing is putting gas on the fire, if the guy was white would they still have the shirts on? As Americans we need to get over the color of a man's skin and judge him by the content of his character.

There are causing good police to fear for their lives because this will cause some to start taking shots.
Why aren't they wearing shirts with the face of the white baby girl from Georgia who was shot between the eyes while in her stroller because her mom didnt have any money to give to 2 black teens

suncat05
12-09-2014, 09:35 AM

That is what we should be doing. However, there are always going to be agitators using whatever means they can to stir up animosity towards other people whether it is relevant or not. Myself, I believe that race was NOT a factor in either situation. I just don't see it. Both just happened to be black, that's it. Both individuals race is of no relevance, as either of these situations could easily have had anyone else as the participants.

And any attempt to paint one of them, Micheal Brown, as a victim of any sort is false. Indeed, there is evidence that clearly shows him to be a violent criminal that lived that thug lifestyle and savored it. Garner, while it appears that he has had previous encounters with law enforcement, does not appear to have been the same character that Brown was. By all accounts I've heard, Garner was just trying to make a living, even if it's illegal in NYC to do as he was.
The fact that both were black is of no relevance. That's just what they both happened to be. They both could also have been Native American, Hispanic, Asian or Caucasian as well.

And JMHO, but all of these 'celebrities' need to keep their mouths shut and stay out of situations they're not involved in. LeBron needs to worry about putting the ball in the basket, those guys that play for the Rams need to stick to playing football.

cattails
12-09-2014, 10:12 AM
There are causing good police to fear for their lives because this will cause some to start taking shots.
Why aren't they wearing shirts with the face of the white baby girl from Georgia who was shot between the eyes while in her stroller because her mom didnt have any money to give to 2 black teens

Racism is the only answer.

cattails
12-09-2014, 10:15 AM
That is what we should be doing. However, there are always going to be agitators using whatever means they can to stir up animosity towards other people whether it is relevant or not. Myself, I believe that race was NOT a factor in either situation. I just don't see it. Both just happened to be black, that's it. Both individuals race is of no relevance, as either of these situations could easily have had anyone else as the participants.

And any attempt to paint one of them, Micheal Brown, as a victim of any sort is false. Indeed, there is evidence that clearly shows him to be a violent criminal that lived that thug lifestyle and savored it. Garner, while it appears that he has had previous encounters with law enforcement, does not appear to have been the same character that Brown was. By all accounts I've heard, Garner was just trying to make a living, even if it's illegal in NYC to do as he was.
The fact that both were black is of no relevance. That's just what they both happened to be. They both could also have been Native American, Hispanic, Asian or Caucasian as well.

And JMHO, but all of these 'celebrities' need to keep their mouths shut and stay out of situations they're not involved in. LeBron needs to worry about putting the ball in the basket, those guys that play for the Rams need to stick to playing football.

:sHa_clap2:

Crazy4Blue
12-09-2014, 01:20 PM
He should do it outside of basketball. Wear a shirt about Jesus and I guarantee he gets fined. I get tired of all the politics in sports.

Doc
12-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Most businesses that I know, including mine, have a policy where politics are left outside. There is a reason for that, a very good one. If an employee of mine were to come to work and make such a political statement with their attire they would asked to go home and change. Some have touted this as an expression of his first amendment right. Those who feel this way do not understand the first amendment.

Darrell KSR
12-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Georgetown last night.

CitizenBBN
12-14-2014, 01:23 PM
Typical ivory tower indulgence. Did they get to postpone their finals due to emotional trauma over a decision that in no way impacted their lives or the lives of anyone they know?

suncat05
12-15-2014, 09:14 AM
I was watching the news this morning, a demonstration in NYC, where the crowd was walking down the street yelling "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? We want it now!"

Something very bad is about to happen. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that I'm sensing, but I just believe we are at the proverbial "tipping point", and when it happens it's going to be bad.

jazyd
12-15-2014, 05:05 PM
I was watching the news this morning, a demonstration in NYC, where the crowd was walking down the street yelling "What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? We want it now!"

Something very bad is about to happen. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is that I'm sensing, but I just believe we are at the proverbial "tipping point", and when it happens it's going to be bad.

Its why I say Rose, James and other athletes will have blood of cops on their hands, they have helped push this to the edge.

Wonder if any of them will wear a shirt with the picture of the AU football player on it saying...I can't breathe any longer..and show a picture of the black man who shot him dead. Somehow I doubt it, doesn't fit their damn cause.

jazyd
12-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Suncat, keep your head down, be careful, keep it locked and loaded

suncat05
12-16-2014, 06:32 AM
Copy that, jazy!

blueboss
12-16-2014, 06:43 AM
If everybody keeps their hands up for the don't shoot protest they won't be able to get money out of their pockets to buy tickets.. "Hands up don't buy tickets to movies or games."

How about, "stay home and breath"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk