PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps OT: Why Charles Barkley Supports Ferguson Grand Jury Decision

Darryl
12-01-2014, 04:58 PM
link:

http://news.yahoo.com/why-charles-barkley-supports-ferguson-grand-jury-decision-163736319.html

Darryl

cattails
12-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Love Barkley and his honest answers, on both sports and news in general, he doesn't pull punches.

ebarbaau
12-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Adults =blacks,whites,Hispanics or whatever need to teach their children about what can happen once you "touch" a police officer rather than to wait until they are shot to cry for justice !

jazyd
12-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Tells it like it is

Doc
12-02-2014, 10:09 AM
I hate that this has become a conservative vs liberal or white vs black issue. kid got killed and I don't ever want to be on the side that says its okay to shoot anybody. I suspect the kid went for the officers gun and odds are Wilson was justified in his actions however that doesn't mean I want to support what he did because in the end a kid got shot. White or black, I don't care. Its a shame either way. I do respect Barkely for speaking his mind and looking beyond his race and seeing the bigger picture.

UKHistory
12-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I view this that an unarmed US Citizen was killed. And that is tragic. Wilson killed Brown and I am willing to bet that regardless of what Wilson says publicly killing a person is not something he really wanted to do or is happy about even if he feels it was necessary.

I would love to have been there to see what was said and done. And maybe even then people would still debate it but seeing how it played out would be a great learning moment for all of us.

My sense is that the police officer was not that polite in telling the two to get out of the street. I am sure the two young men were not polite back. I try and do what I am told by police even when they are not polite--because they are 1) police and 2) are armed. And while it would be great to be nice, they don't have to be. They don't need to goose step but they don't need to be Andy Taylor either. I think it helps to me more Andy than Barney but the badge gives them authority we need to respect.

I really think the situation escalated because Wilson opened the door very fast and was too close to Brown for the door to open and it bounced back closed. That made Wilson think Brown was being more aggressive than he actually was. That piece of testimony that the door bounced back closed I think is pivotal in this case. It is the kind of stupid thing that happens in life that escalates a situation.

At this point two men who didn't feel they could back down (and Wilson as a law enforcement official can't back down) and both were very scared of one another. It is a recipe for disaster.

There are other issues here as well. Brown appearently had just committed a crime. That is going to raise my anxiety quite a bit--although that might also make me quieter and not bring attention to myself too.

Tragic and awful situation.

KeithKSR
12-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Brown was a thug that tried to bully a police officer, just as video evidence showed him aggressively handling the store owner. You try to take an officer's weapon, then get killed while resisting arrest you have earned what you get.

bigsky
12-03-2014, 09:28 PM
I read the witness who was interviewed twice #41 or # 42 I forget. "look up and read the felonious witness testimony in the grand jury report to see for yourself how bad it was.

KeithKSR
12-04-2014, 06:19 PM
I read the witness who was interviewed twice #41 or # 42 I forget. "look up and read the felonious witness testimony in the grand jury report to see for yourself how bad it was.

#41 was interviewed twice. #42 is the one that claimed Brown was shot in the back. #41 was the one that stated he lied in the first interview, then lied during the second interview, changing the story during the interview.

bigsky
12-05-2014, 03:32 AM
#41 was interviewed twice. #42 is the one that claimed Brown was shot in the back. #41 was the one that stated he lied in the first interview, then lied during the second interview, changing the story during the interview. Yeah #41 then, lied both times, tried to take it back, start over, erase the tape. Should be prosecuted.

jazyd
12-05-2014, 12:00 PM
I won't call Brown a 'kid', he was an 18 yr old that robbed a store, threatened the store owner...and the easy way he did it suggests he had done it before...and then assaulted a police officer. The evidence shows he was not kneeling down with his hands up. He was nothing more than a common thief and thug and based on the picture I saw of him and his thug buddy, there was money, drugs, alcohol and Brown had a gun that looked to be a .45 Cal auto pistol in his hands while taking a selfie picture.

he was 18 but far from a teen kid, he was street smart, a thug, a thief, a bully, probably a drug dealer, and stupid all at the same time.

KeithKSR
12-07-2014, 03:03 PM
I won't call Brown a 'kid', he was an 18 yr old that robbed a store, threatened the store owner...and the easy way he did it suggests he had done it before...and then assaulted a police officer. The evidence shows he was not kneeling down with his hands up. He was nothing more than a common thief and thug and based on the picture I saw of him and his thug buddy, there was money, drugs, alcohol and Brown had a gun that looked to be a .45 Cal auto pistol in his hands while taking a selfie picture.

he was 18 but far from a teen kid, he was street smart, a thug, a thief, a bully, probably a drug dealer, and stupid all at the same time.

A criminal.