PDA

View Full Version : Producer Director MIke Nichols Dies

MickintheHam
11-20-2014, 08:54 AM
It was sad to hear the news of Nichols passing. I'm afraid he may be part of a generation of great directors who are aging. and not to be replaced. His films and plays were classics. Barefoot in the Park, the Odd Couple, Who's Afraid of Virgina Wolf, The Graduate, plays and movies of a quality that defined a generation and which don't exist in Hollywood or on Broadway today. I followed his career closely, mostly because he was married to a high school classmate, Diane Sawyer but, also because I enjoyed all of his productions. The couple exuded a level of class and intelligence, that you don't see on the pages of TMZ, or any of the other rags that sling the entertainment world gossip. It's a pity when people who have made this a better place leave us. My best to Diane. She is a great advertisement for the Commonwealth.

jazyd
11-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Unfortunately Mick, we are losing people like that in all industries. Class is a word that will longer be with us in describing people in the future, not the true sense of class.