PDA

View Full Version : Birmin'ham Mafia: Why doesn't Regions Bank have a UK logo Visa/Debit card?

elicat
11-06-2014, 10:36 AM
Surely you guys could do something about this important issue. I opened an account with them in 1998 when I moved to Mobile. Everywhere I've lived since, they've had branches, so I've still got that same account. They sent me an email earlier wanting me to pay them $10 to get a card with the graphic I want on it, which I would gladly do. But UK is not among their college cards, and I'm betting they can't use a UK related graphic I could upload myself because of copyright questions.

Surely you powerhouses of the Birmingham business and legal communities could make this happen?

Edit: I did e-mail them about it myself. Just thinking someone down there must know someone.

Darrell KSR
11-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Hey, I know two people with accounts there. Does that count?

MickintheHam
11-06-2014, 11:12 PM
Surely you guys could do something about this important issue. I opened an account with them in 1998 when I moved to Mobile. Everywhere I've lived since, they've had branches, so I've still got that same account. They sent me an email earlier wanting me to pay them $10 to get a card with the graphic I want on it, which I would gladly do. But UK is not among their college cards, and I'm betting they can't use a UK related graphic I could upload myself because of copyright questions.

Surely you powerhouses of the Birmingham business and legal communities could make this happen?

Edit: I did e-mail them about it myself. Just thinking someone down there must know someone.

Regions to my knowledge has no operations in the Commonwealth. I would think absence a strong base the card would be a money loser. Of course Regions isn't a particularly good outfit. I am courious as to why anyone would bank with them.

elicat
11-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Regions to my knowledge has no operations in the Commonwealth. I would think absence a strong base the card would be a money loser. Of course Regions isn't a particularly good outfit. I am courious as to why anyone would bank with them.

What is not good about them? I've never had any problems.

jazyd
11-07-2014, 04:43 PM
What is not good about them? I've never had any problems.

Eli, I hate them and would never do business with them.
My original bank was bought out by a bank in Nashville and they were bought out by Regions. Well I had a loan with my original bank that I thought was paid off and never heard a word. Suddenly I get letters from Regions, so I call and they say I owe them $45 from a loan. We go thru things as I tell them I don't have an account with Regions nor have I ever had a loan with them. She says they had closed the account several years back...w/o my permission...but now they want to collect for this loan. Needless to say I am pissed so I end up with her boss, and finally got her to take it off whatever account and call it even.
Then a few months later I get letters about my 'checking account' that I owe them $25 to keep my overdraft open. I ignored them for awhile but after 3 letters and a threat I call again. She asks if this is my phone number, and I tell her not only is that not my number but it isn't even my area code as it was from the coast. She asks if the birthdate is correct, nope again they had that wrong. I told her I never had a checking account with Regions. She says I have to go to a local regions branch to get it straight. So when I go in there the lady said they had been getting all kinds of complaints with these letters as they were trying to collect on old accounts. I told her I never had an account.
So anyway hopefully everything for me is taken care of, for now. But no way would I ever even consider them for anything.