PDA

View Full Version : I felt a tremor in the Force

CatinIL
11-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Republicans take control of the Senate...that was being predicted.
Illinois, Mass & Maryland all elect Republican governors...I found this to be the most shocking.

suncat05
11-06-2014, 08:51 AM
Yes, very surprising, especially in those 3 places.

I am just hoping that Mitch comes out as if he's on fire and has some passion again, with a plan to set things right and achieve some forward motion in the economy.
As much as I dislike the guy, I hope that the POTUS will recognize that by cooperating and working with Congress that some good, positive things can be accomplished.
However, that may be hard to do for a guy that is as narcissistic and self-centered as he is.

jazyd
11-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Yes, very surprising, especially in those 3 places.

I am just hoping that Mitch comes out as if he's on fire and has some passion again, with a plan to set things right and achieve some forward motion in the economy.
As much as I dislike the guy, I hope that the POTUS will recognize that by cooperating and working with Congress that some good, positive things can be accomplished.
However, that may be hard to do for a guy that is as narcissistic and self-centered as he is.

don't count on it, he knows he has 2 years left and he will use executive orders as he pleases.

Doc
11-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Republicans take control of the Senate...that was being predicted.
Illinois, Mass & Maryland all elect Republican governors...I found this to be the most shocking.

Republican gov in IL is the shocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CitizenBBN
11-06-2014, 08:45 PM

Impossible for him. It would mean denying his precious ideology, admitting its and his shortcomings. I can't see that happening with him or his inner circle.

They are true believers, zealots. They don't change or admit they are wrong, or compromise, b/c the ends always justify the means.

dan_bgblue
11-06-2014, 09:06 PM
Valerie would cut him off a the knees if he veered off course