PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Stadiums

bubbleup
10-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I enjoyed thinking back about my first MLB game and it made me think about how many ML parks I've been to. I'd be curious to see other's lists and see if anybody has hit them all, or close. For me:

St. Louis-Old, Old Busch, current Busch
Cincinnati, Crosley, Riverfront, Great American
Chicago-Old Comisky, New Comisky, Wrigley
Atlanta-Fulton Co
Boston-Fenway
Seattle-Kingdome
Phoenix-Bank One
LA-Dodger Stadium (Olympic baseball in '84-does that count?)
Houston-Minute Maid
Arlington-The Ball Park
New York-Shea, Old Yankee, New Yankee

Catonahottinroof
10-12-2012, 07:33 PM
St. Louis, Old Busch and New
Cincinnati, Riverfront and Great American Ball Park
Chicago, Wrigley Field, old and new Comisky
Atlanta, Fulton County Stadium and Turner Field
Miami-Pro Player Stadium...or whatever it is called these days
Minneapolis-Metrodome
Detroit, old Tiger Stadium
Arlington Texas, Ranger Park
Baltimore-Memorial Stadium, have not been to Camden Yards

I'll go just about anywhere for a baseball game :)

MickintheHam
10-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Cincinnati-Crosley, Riverfront,GAB
St Louis -old, old Busch, Old Busch
Cleveland- Municipal, Jacobs
Pitts burgh - Forbes
Philadelphia - Veterans
Boston - Fenway
New York - Shea
Kansas - Kaufmann
Chicago - Wrigley
The ATL - Atlanta - Fulton County, The Ted
Los Angeles - Anaheim Stadium
San Diego - The Murph
Baltimore - Oriole Park

MickintheHam
10-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Cincinnati-Crosley, Riverfront,GAB
St Louis -old, old Busch, Old Busch
Cleveland- Municipal, Jacobs
Pitts burgh - Forbes
Philadelphia - Veterans
Boston - Fenway
New York - Shea
Kansas - Kaufmann
Chicago - Wrigley
The ATL - Atlanta - Fulton County, The Ted
Los Angeles - Anaheim Stadium
San Diego - The Murph
Baltimore - Oriole Park

Everyone should visit Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Best experience of them all.

Catonahottinroof
10-12-2012, 08:29 PM
NT

jazyd
10-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Old Cards Park was Sportsmans Park.

Darrell KSR
10-14-2012, 05:07 AM
Not nearly as many as some.

St. Louis Busch Stadium (Old)
Cincinnati Riverfront
Atlanta Fulton County & Turner Field
Houston Astrodome
New Orleans Superdome (Hey, saw St. Louis play an exhibition game there, it counts a little=

MickintheHam
10-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Old Cards Park was Sportsmans Park.

They had changed the name to Busch by the time I went there. Augie was in full control. Sportsman's Park was owned by thr St. Louis Browns. When they packed and left for Baltimore in '53, the Cardinals took over ownership of the park. Augie Shamelessly named it for himself. Shortly after that he got rid of Joe Griesedieck's beer from the stadium. Cardinal fans are as Hoosier fans, they tolerate and support bullies.

blue2ksr
10-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Went to the old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore many years ago. What I remember is that they had the worst parking situation that I have experienced to this day. I parked in a lot with other vehicles completely surrounding me, and I didn't know where else to go. If there had been an emergency, there is no way I could have gotten my car out of the lot.

Crosley,

Sportsman,

Old Busch,

New Busch,

Riverfront,

Turner,

Atlanta - Fulton Co.,

Wrigley,

Old Comisky,

Dodger Stadium

Candlestick (The location of the last live concert the Beatles ever did).,

RFK

TonyRay
10-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Riverfront, Great American, and Tropicana Field.

Darrell KSR
10-14-2012, 04:49 PM
No other Astrodome people here?

I almost got thrown out when I was a kid. Was down by the dugout and taking a picture. Showing my age here, but had a flash cube (remember those?) on my camera. It popped off onto the field. I was a kid--I did what kids do. I hopped the fence, jumped on the field, retrieved the flash cube, and climbed back over, thinking nothing of it. Security was on me so fast and my Dad was explaining to them that I didn't mean any harm. It was all the talking he could do to keep me from getting kicked out.

blue2ksr
10-14-2012, 05:54 PM

I almost got thrown out when I was a kid. Was down by the dugout and taking a picture. Showing my age here, but had a flash cube (remember those?) on my camera. It popped off onto the field. I was a kid--I did what kids do. I hopped the fence, jumped on the field, retrieved the flash cube, and climbed back over, thinking nothing of it. Security was on me so fast and my Dad was explaining to them that I didn't mean any harm. It was all the talking he could do to keep me from getting kicked out.

I bet oledon had been there. That was his team!

bubbleup
10-14-2012, 07:28 PM

I moved to Houston in September of 1999. I was starting a new job and did not get to a game before the season was over and the Astros moved to Enron Field hthat next spring. We did go to the Rodeo there in February and made a point to go the night that the Judds were the post rodeo concert-needed a little Kentucky fix at that point.

jazyd
10-16-2012, 11:18 PM
While it was officially changed to Busch, it was still commonly referred to as Sportsmans Park.

They had changed the name to Busch by the time I went there. Augie was in full control. Sportsman's Park was owned by thr St. Louis Browns. When they packed and left for Baltimore in '53, the Cardinals took over ownership of the park. Augie Shamelessly named it for himself. Shortly after that he got rid of Joe Griesedieck's beer from the stadium. Cardinal fans are as Hoosier fans, they tolerate and support bullies.

Darrell KSR
10-16-2012, 11:30 PM
I bet oledon had been there. That was his team!

blue2ksr, I had forgotten that, thanks for that reminder. I bet he had.

MickintheHam
10-17-2012, 04:18 PM
While it was officially changed to Busch, it was still commonly referred to as Sportsmans Park.

Not to Augie's face it wasn't.

Catonahottinroof
10-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Cardinal fans are as Hoosier fans, they tolerate and support bullies.

Kinda like Reds fans favorite racist, Marge Schott, huh?

MickintheHam
10-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Kinda like Reds fans favorite racist, Marge Schott, huh?
I knew Marge very well. She lived next door to my best man's brother in Indian Hill. You would have never found any person with a larger heart than Marge. You couldn't be more wrong about anybody. SI set her up with that interview and took advantage. i believe even Eric Davis would tell you how good she was to him.

If it comes down to believing Marge or believing SI the answer is easy.

Catonahottinroof
10-18-2012, 06:40 PM
My point in making that comment is your ludicrous assertion that Cardinals fans protect their bully like IU protected Knight. Cardinal fans love their Cardinals. Most could care less about the Busch family, just as Reds fans love the Reds, could care very little about Marge, Schottzie, or anything else that doesn't take place on the field.

jazyd
10-18-2012, 11:28 PM
99.9999% of the fans never saw his face up close and personal. I lived there until I was almost 16, it was always referred to as Sportsmans Park, we never knew what a Busch Stadium was until they built the new one.

Not to Augie's face it wasn't.

MickintheHam
10-19-2012, 11:31 AM
99.9999% of the fans never saw his face up close and personal. I lived there until I was almost 16, it was always referred to as Sportsmans Park, we never knew what a Busch Stadium was until they built the new one.

I Suppose it's easy for you guys to forget how the fans cheered him when he rode around HIS stadium on the damn beer wagon being pulled by the Clydesdales.

Catonahottinroof
10-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Had i known this about Augie, I sure wish he could have signed my mitt instead of Tim McCarver.....:/