PDA

View Full Version : I couldn't hardly watch the debate

cattails
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Biden was a bully and a total ass, wouldn't let Ryan speak. The facts got lost by Biden butting in while Ryan was speaking. Total BS.

badrose
10-11-2012, 10:42 PM
It was rigged from the beginning. Obama was at the moderator's wedding several years ago. She allowed Biden to interrupt repeatedly and she herself interrupted Ryan before he could finish making his points. I think the end result will be a dead heat for this debate.

cattails
10-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Well BD I agree a dead heat, didn't know about the moderator's connection. Biden might have won the debate had he not acted like an ass. Showed his true colors.

Catfan73
10-12-2012, 09:42 AM
I didn't watch. Did they say much about Centre or Danville?

jazyd
10-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Chris Wallace said it was the worst and rudest he has ever witnessed in a debate, said it might have been a draw other than Bidens' rudeness and being a bully.
biden often lied, especially about Iran and Libya. He also lied about medicare.
The moderator let Biden get away with whatever he wanted to do while often cutting off Ryan and then coming right back at him. She had Biden on foreign affairs, let him lie and get off the hook. He also went after her one time on the military. The man is a bully to whoever is sitting across from him.
I imagine after he walked off the stage he told his handlers that he whipped that younguns ass while puffing up his old chest and flashing his dental whitened teeth. He went beyond his normal BS, this was a tactic by the obama campaign to not let Ryan speak and telll his points because they knew Ryan could expose Biden and their budget plans.

Biden was a bully and a total ass, wouldn't let Ryan speak. The facts got lost by Biden butting in while Ryan was speaking. Total BS.

CattyWampus
10-12-2012, 11:14 AM
When it comes to politics, the adage, "perception is reality", was demonstrated pretty well by the Luntz focus group last night. The group of twenty-seven people was made up of people who described themselves as "undecided". FLAG!!! Eighty percent of them said they voted for Obama in 2008. FLAG!!!

After almost four years of Obama/Biden failures, what kind of person remains undecided about for whom they will vote? The kind of person who fell for the hopey-changey crap, that's who. I fear that, as clueless as the people in this focus group seemed, they are representative of enough of the voting populace to hand the election to Obama. For them, their perception is absolutely reality.

Ryan missed a lot of opportunities to hammer home a lot of conservative principles, and he allowed Biden to sound like the reasonable one regarding leaving Afghanistan. Ryan made it sound like that under Romney we'll be in Afghanistan forever.

That being said, by the RNC's count, Biden interrupted Ryan eighty-two times. In addition, Raddatz interrupted Ryan thirty-four times. Since Ryan ended up speaking for just over forty minutes, Ryan was interrupted on average of 2.9 times per minute. I give Ryan credit for being able to maintain his train of thought under such ridiculous conditions. Yeah, Ryan failed to deliver on a lot of important points, but I liken it to watching my dog trying to bark when the groomer muzzles her to keep from getting bitten.

KSRBEvans
10-12-2012, 01:40 PM
IMHO Biden was sent in there to be the opposite of Obama in order to shore up the Obama base and fire them up. In Romney-Obama I, Obama was cool, detached, disinterested. Biden was bound and determined to be the opposite, even if it meant being rude and alienating undecideds in the process. His in-your-face style could only appeal to hard-core Obama supporters, but it motivates them, which is about all you can hope for from a VP debate. People never make their decisions on who wins VP debates.

Doc
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
I would have turned to Biden and used one of my parents favorite lines........ "What the hell do you think so funny?"

I'm still trying to figure out what amused ol' Joe. Was it the dead ambassador? Was it people having less income than they had 4 years ago? Was it the hilarious employment rate? I can't for the life of me figure out what all the gesticulations, chuckling and squirming was over. Its like he had diarrhea and nowhere to relieve himself.

jazyd
10-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Doc, he did have diarhee, of the mouth.

The first debate last week I loved how Jim L let them go at it. Both were courteous of each other but did actually debate. Last night was Biden at his worst. There was nothing funny, he often lied or stretched the truth.

I agree that Ryan could have hammered home some points but he kept being interrupted by both parties, and it is easier to sit on our couch and think of things versus sitting up there with the lights on, huge audience, and being interrupted every time you open your mouth. Under the circumstances I felt he did well.

I would have turned to Biden and used one of my parents favorite lines........ "What the hell do you think so funny?"

I'm still trying to figure out what amused ol' Joe. Was it the dead ambassador? Was it people having less income than they had 4 years ago? Was it the hilarious employment rate? I can't for the life of me figure out what all the gesticulations, chuckling and squirming was over. Its like he had diarrhea and nowhere to relieve himself.

bigsky
10-12-2012, 10:04 PM
looked like a chimp up there; veep the chimp!

ukblue
10-12-2012, 10:35 PM
I kept looking for Batman to jump out. We already had the joker in Biden on stage.

cattails
10-13-2012, 11:01 AM
The problem is not many people will look up the facts of what is true and false, Joe will win there because he lied so often. Ryan on the other hand side stepped issued.

jazyd
10-13-2012, 11:14 AM
I said the same thing about people who won't find the true answers and showed where Biden lied.

I

The problem is not many people will look up the facts of what is true and false, Joe will win there because he lied so often. Ryan on the other hand side stepped issued.

cattails
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM
I said the same thing about people who won't find the true answers and showed where Biden lied.

I

Great minds think alike :cool:

bigsky
10-13-2012, 07:47 PM
Boomers understand this reference. Veep the Chimp won the J Fred Mugger award during that debate. I wish Mr Ryan had turned to him and said something about his disrespect and called him out on his lack of civility.

cattails
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Boomers understand this reference. Veep the Chimp won the J Fred Mugger award during that debate. I wish Mr Ryan had turned to him and said something about his disrespect and called him out on his lack of civility.

He did once that I remember Bigsky.

ColonelSteve
10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I thought it was hilarious, was just as "rude" as Romney was in the first debate...I dont see the problem

cattails
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
I thought it was hilarious, was just as "rude" as Romney was in the first debate...I dont see the problem

Steve are you serious????? There is a big difference between butting in and not letting someone finish talking and disagreeing. I don't think Romney was rude at all, he just stated his position. Biden was an ass.

ColonelSteve
10-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Steve are you serious????? There is a big difference between butting in and not letting someone finish talking and disagreeing. I don't think Romney was rude at all, he just stated his position. Biden was an ass.

What Biden did was no worse than Romney basically telling Obama to sit down and shut up last night, last night was probably the most heated debate Ive ever seen, lesser men would have started throwing blows in the same situation, both kept interrupting each other and while that was wrong, you dont tell the President to shut up no matter what your views of him are

dan_bgblue
10-17-2012, 06:34 PM
What Biden did was no worse than Romney basically telling Obama to sit down and shut up last night, last night was probably the most heated debate Ive ever seen, lesser men would have started throwing blows in the same situation, both kept interrupting each other and while that was wrong, you dont tell the President to shut up no matter what your views of him are

Steve, jmho, but when a sitting president enters into a campaign to run for office again, he is just another candidate. He gives up the mantle of the position during a debate. Once again, jmho

ColonelSteve
10-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Steve, jmho, but when a sitting president enters into a campaign to run for office again, he is just another candidate. He gives up the mantle of the position during a debate. Once again, jmho

I respectively disagree, when you become the President, you will NEVER become just another anything outside of the White House, when you have a debate, you do what you have to do, but there is still a respect line and you dont cross that by looking him in the eye and tell him to sit down and shut up. Look at Carter, HORRIBLE President, but widely respected to this day for his charity work and is still referred to as Former President Jimmy Carter

dan_bgblue
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
If the other candidate has to defer to the sitting president, does that not hamstring them during the debate process? If you see that as being true, in the sense of a fair debate, would you recommend that they do away with the debate process? If that is not the answer, what would be your ideas on how to conduct the debate that is fair to the challenger and still show proper respect for the sitting president?

cattails
10-17-2012, 11:07 PM

I will agree that the 2nd debate Romney vs Obama was much more heated and it was both of them, this was a much closer debate. The 1st debate was no contest. Romney at no time told Obama to shut up (you make stuff up just like Obama, interesting). Romney said you will have your turn. Both lied and stretched the truth, at times neither answered the question. I call this one a wash.

cattails
10-17-2012, 11:13 PM
I respectively disagree, when you become the President, you will NEVER become just another anything outside of the White House, when you have a debate, you do what you have to do, but there is still a respect line and you dont cross that by looking him in the eye and tell him to sit down and shut up. Look at Carter, HORRIBLE President, but widely respected to this day for his charity work and is still referred to as Former President Jimmy Carter

Steve he gets no more respect than the person he is running against. Both crossed the line more than a few times, right for one right for the other.