PDA

View Full Version : Citizen, gun question

jazyd
10-10-2014, 11:42 AM
I was at a friends last night and he was showing me one of his many custom guns, and told me to pull the trigger on one of them to see if I looked the pull. Well, it never moved but as I put pressure on it went off. He said it was a jewel (sp) trigger. I really liked it, now are you familiar with it and how much are they. I would want one for my Browning .270 A bolt.

CitizenBBN
10-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Jewell is the name of the company that does custom triggers. The one I know about is for the Rem 700 and replaces the entire trigger group. Google says they make a spring kit for the A-bolt, but not a custom trigger group. Moyer supposedly makes one.

You may want to look at just adjusting the factory group if you haven't tinkered with it. You can get it down to 3lbs or so, which isn't "breathe on it" like the one you described but is still really light. The thing is I don't know if the A-bolts can adjust travel very much and that's the key of course to having those hair triggers.

The best place to look for that kind of stuff is Brownell's. Not the cheapest but they do stock the biggest range of parts and mods by far.

Darrell KSR
10-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Man...for concealed carry, I like the 5.5 pound pull, maybe even a little more. If I were target shooting, 3 pound (or whatever Jazy had) would be great, but especially without an external safety, even though I keep my finger off the trigger, I like a little substance.

jazyd
10-10-2014, 03:59 PM
I had it adjusted down to 2.7# :) several years ago and helped my shooting a bunch. I just really liked that trigger and yes it was on a Remington BDL, he had 31 BDL's on a gun rack in a closet..locked...and all had either a Leupold or Nikon scope on them. He has been collecting them for years, doesn't hunt with any of those. In addition, he had 11 Browning Citori's in that closet and 3 side by side..one was a Fox 12 ga.
Another closet is his hunting guns, probably 25 guns in there, some custom like his favorite which is $3500 :). I love that one, he calls it his green gun, synthetic stock is a almost kelly green.
After the season he is going to do a custom paint job on my synthetic stock on that Browning in a green/brown camo.
He just retired as a surgeon and loves to collect guns and hunt. Its amazing to see

CitizenBBN
10-10-2014, 08:55 PM
My kinda guy. :)

I figured you'd already taken the trigger pull down as low as it would go if you like that kind of touch on your gun. Does the A-bolt have a travel adjustment?

Darrell I like more pull on my handguns. I don't find it bothering my shooting, at least not the kind I do. I want to put all my shots in the 5x at speed on a body target, and for carry I want enough pull that there are no accidents. If my J-frame goes off it's b/c you wanted it to go off, there's no brushing that trigger (in double action) and anything happening. But it's still smooth enough that I can have a 3 inch group at 7 yards in 3 seconds. That's good enough for what I need.

jazyd
10-11-2014, 10:27 AM
The older I get the lighter I wanted that trigger, keeps me from snapping so badly anticipating the shot. I don't touch the trigger until I am ready to fire and the deer gives me a good target.

Darrell KSR
10-11-2014, 04:04 PM
I follow you guys now, I wasn't thinking it through like a hunting rifle. Makes perfect sense to me, JazyD and CitizenBBN.