PDA

View Full Version : Do you "Like" something you see on Kentucky Sports Report?

Darrell KSR
10-11-2012, 02:35 PM

If you're a Facebook user, you may have noticed we went ahead and activated the Facebook integration. This Rolls Royce of message board platforms at KySportsReport.com has all the bells and whistles; we're just trying to go slow and make sure we don't do anything to disrupt the end-user experience at any time when we introduce something. We may not always succeed, but we'll die trying, as this is community-first based, and Kentucky-centric! Hopefully you never noticed when we do it; sort of like a basketball referee you don't notice--that's when you know they're doing a good job.

Anyway, if you read a thread, and enjoy it, you can "Like" it by clicking the "Like" button immediately before the first post in the thread, on the left-hand side. It may take a couple of seconds to appear, with a Facebook symbol next to it, but it will be there.

So "Like" it!

Same goes for the Front Page articles. If you're reading one, and "like" it, then go ahead--"Like" it! We appreciate you sharing the good news, the good threads, and the good articles with your friends on Facebook as well.

Thanks again for being part of this very fine community of Kentucky fans. We like you, so feel free to "Like" us back.

millsforthree
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
we're just trying to go slow and make sure we don't do anything to disrupt the end-user experience at any time when we introduce something.

That's very systems analyst of you--geeks should be proud!

ukpumacat
10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Darrell,
Are there any plans to work in a non-Facebook "like" option for a particular post? I know that may sound strange, but I love the idea of being able to credit someone for a great post.

Darrell KSR
10-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Yes, Puma--that's not strange; you're not alone in wanting that, either--several people have mentioned wanting to do exactly as you said. We will have that (putting CBBN on the spot, as usual) pretty soon. Won't be the next little item rolled out, but it's up close to the top.

ukpumacat
10-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Awesome. You guys are doing a terrific job with this board.

CitizenBBN
10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
That's very systems analyst of you--geeks should be proud!

Us geeks thank you. :)

Computers are tools. The tech is cool but it's here to do a job, which is to provide a positive experience discussing UK sports and interacting with friends and fans. Lots of features still to add, and lots of built in features to activate, but I spent too many years on the front lines of IT to turn a switch unless it's ready or there's a gun at my head, and here I get the freedom to do it right and not be rushed to bad decisions. I've been in that position, it's not fun.

The like feature for posts here is built in to the system. It just has to be activated and is on the short list as Darrell said. I left a number of those kinds of things turned off when we got going just to be sure everything worked smooth and there wasn't a big learning curve for the site. Things are stable enough we can start to roll out the bells and whistles.

So facebook "like" is active, we're going to add the like for posts internal to the board, I'm putting the breadcrumb navigation at the bottom of threads, several things like that.

DanISSELisdaman
12-24-2012, 06:17 PM
You guys are not bad for a "bunch of stinking geeks". :4chsmu1:

suncat05
12-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Through all of the re-incarnations of this board that I have seen happen, this latest re-invention of the wheel works just fine for me. And with the efforts of men like CBBN it just keeps getting better all the time.
THANK YOU! This is a great site to be an active member of! :sHa_clap2:

:smilies-33442:

killdill045
12-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I know that may sound strange, but I love the idea of being able to credit someone for a great post.?

Darrell KSR
12-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I know that may sound strange, but I love the idea of being able to credit someone for a great post.?

It doesn't sound strange at all. That's a very good suggestion.

And welcome to the posting world! Thanks for joining us.