PDA

View Full Version : Back from Disney

jazyd
10-06-2014, 04:38 PM
We got back from Disney yesterday morning after a week of fun, heat, rain, humidity, and way too many Spanish speaking people.
So glad I have been walking 3 miles a night for the last 2 months and losing 27 pounds before this trip. Our two granddaughters tried to wear us out every day, getting to the park by 8:30 and not leaving until 10"30 at night.
What a money pit, prices are so inflated but people spend money as fast as they can scan those 'magic band's". I wish I knew how many photographers they have on staff, I had my picture taken more than any cruise I have been on.
Glad to get back home though, and I did not gain a single pound while there :)

Doc
10-07-2014, 07:26 AM
They have a machine that scans your wallet when you enter to know how much money you have! I can also attest that 8:30 to 10:30 is a long long day when there with kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSRBEvans
10-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Good job not gaining, jazy. I found that I can eat a lot there & not gain much--I think it's the tremendous amount of walking. Plus, bleeding us dry with increased costs, that results in weight loss, too. ;)

suncat05
10-08-2014, 08:53 AM
I quit trying to keep up with my kids. Mom & I go one way, they go another, and we meet at prearranged places at designated times.
The kids walk way too fast for my liking. I want to stroll and look around, while they want to practically run from one ride to another. I'm there to enjoy myself, but at a much easier pace for Mom and me.
It's always too hot and too humid with way too much walking for me to be trying to race around and keep up with legs that are 40 years younger than mine.

jazyd
10-08-2014, 09:07 AM
We did that one day, told our daughter for her and the family to go one way for several hours. We were always 39 ft behind her, her husband and 2 little ones.
BE, I weighed to the tenth of a pound what I did the morning I left. Lots from walking, lots from the price of the food, lots from the "quality" of food :)

QUOTE=suncat05;212768]I quit trying to keep up with my kids. Mom & I go one way, they go another, and we meet at prearranged places at designated times.
The kids walk way too fast for my liking. I want to stroll and look around, while they want to practically run from one ride to another. I'm there to enjoy myself, but at a much easier pace for Mom and me.
It's always too hot and too humid with way too much walking for me to be trying to race around and keep up with legs that are 40 years younger than mine.[/QUOTE]

dan_bgblue
10-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I am proud to say that the house of the mouse has never gotten a dime from me.