PDA

View Full Version : Man, talk about a rip off

dan_bgblue
10-03-2014, 08:29 PM
I carry a hotspot with me everywhere I travel. The service is paid for and I will be damned if I want a hotel blocking my use of what I pay for. Thankfully I do not stay in high end dumps like the Marriott when I travel.

Linkage (http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2014/10/03/marriott-must-pay-600000-for-blocking-personal-wi-fi-hotspots/?intcmp=obmod_ffo&intcmp=obnetwork)

Doc
10-04-2014, 07:49 AM
One of my pet peeves. Stay at a hotel for $200 a night and the charge you for internet! Heck, stay at a $50 red roof and its complimentary. Always pisses me off. This week I was down at the Intercontinental in Miami. Normal rate was something like 210 a night ( we had govt rate as wife was there for work) but were comped internet which was normally $15 a day. Add the $40 day to park the car, etc its as bad as flying the way they nail you with extra fees

bigsky
10-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Universities? and I'm pondering how my hotspot threatens other guests.

Now, if I set up a rogue hotspot in a popular place, you link to it, and I steal your data, well, oopsie on you.

KSRBEvans
10-05-2014, 01:20 PM
So they're blocking your own hot spot, Dan? Yep, that would piss me off.

I hate going to a hotel that charges a "resort fee." I can kind of see charging for parking because not everybody has a car. But a "resort fee" for every room, just because? Just tack it on to the nightly rate.

Doc
10-05-2014, 07:19 PM
So they're blocking your own hot spot, Dan? Yep, that would piss me off.

I hate going to a hotel that charges a "resort fee." I can kind of see charging for parking because not everybody has a car. But a "resort fee" for every room, just because? Just tack it on to the nightly rate.

Agree, especially when its just a junkie pool. Or you checking in at 8:00pm and leaving at 8:00 am while travelling. I'm not "resorting", I'm sleeping.