PDA

View Full Version : Ding Dong the witch is dead!

CitizenBBN
09-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Or at least retiring.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/09/25/attorney-general-resigns-holder-one-worst-officials-ever-to-run-justice/

I have to agree, Holder is the most politically corrupt Attorney General in a long time. They're all going to take the political view of the law of their President, so I get him going after companies and giving unions a pass (a GOP AG would do the opposite), but his level of politicization has been extreme even by DC standards.

Most notably his very targeted prosecution of leaks. That's just repressing the truth, the People learning what their government is doing and the free press that facilities a critical oversight role in our democratic system. It's fascism and witness intimidation, and a violation of whistle blower laws. They've had federal civil servants (supposedly serving The People) sign non-disclosure agreements for what is not national security work but things like tax audits.

So quick to use the power of the state to secure their power. Not what you want in someone supposedly sworn to uphold the law and the Constitution itself.

dan_bgblue
09-25-2014, 08:26 PM
I hope the Potus leaves office without getting to appoint another one. The DOJ was a sad joke under Holder and Potus propped him up in every crisis. I have never seen as much obstruction to the rule of law and the constitution as I saw under Holder.

dan_bgblue
09-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Holder is one of the few Cabinet officials to have stayed on since the beginning of the Obama presidency, and Obama said Holder has agreed to stay on until a successor is confirmed.

I take that back about Potus not getting to appoint another one

Doc
09-26-2014, 07:16 AM
When I read the title, I thought Nancy Pelosi died

Darrell KSR
09-26-2014, 07:49 AM

(Raises hand sheepishly, as I did too. Seriously. )

Doc
09-26-2014, 09:02 AM
(Raises hand sheepishly, as I did too. Seriously. )

Silly us. Blood sucking vampires live forever so I guess her and Harry Reid are in it for the long haul

CitizenBBN
09-26-2014, 10:21 AM

lol, i probably would have too.

I think she can only die if a house falls on her or she's splashed with water.

suncat05
09-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Good bye & good riddance! He and Obama can't be gone fast enough, as well as "do-girl" Susan Rice, and Valerie Jarrett, and Hillary Clinton and Jeh Johnson and John "Swift Boat" Kerry and ..............

KeithKSR
09-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Don't celebrate too quickly. Rumors circulated over the summer that Holder would resign, then be appointed by Obama for the SCOTUS to replace Ginsburg.

CitizenBBN
09-26-2014, 06:56 PM
Don't celebrate too quickly. Rumors circulated over the summer that Holder would resign, then be appointed by Obama for the SCOTUS to replace Ginsburg.

Nominated, but I don't see him getting through the Senate, even a Dem Senate. He has baggage galore. Obama would probably be tone deaf enough to try though.

I'm not really celebrating, b/c I don't see any reason to think Obama will appoint a new AG who is any more true to this nation or the Constitution than Holder.

jazyd
09-26-2014, 11:22 PM
He will ram a new AG thru as soon as Nov elections are over, regardless of election outcomes he will still control the senate and this way no senator will have to run with holder.
If I am a conservative judge I have good bodyguards, wouldn't put it past this bunch to make sure a judge had an accident