PDA

View Full Version : Re: ESPN Scoreboard widgets above....

Darrell KSR
09-18-2014, 11:06 AM
We located those apps about a year or so ago, and saved the code. You have not been able to find the widget on the ESPN website in a long time, but since we had scaved the code, we continued to use the scoreboard widgets.

I fear that ESPN has may have completely discontinued the service, and the code is no longer valid. However, in the hopes that they will get it corrected, I am leaving it up, for now. If it goes a few more days and it does not correct itself, we will remove it permanently and seek another solution.

Speaking of that--if anyone is aware of another scoreboard widget for websites, I would appreciate you passing along that information and we will put it up here. Although the ESPN ones were larger than we'd like, it contained a nice amount of information, and being conference-specific, you could look at the entire SEC at a glance, which we thought was worth the trade-off. But if you have suggestions, we are all ears.

Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience. Worst case scenario, we'll just remove it and not have a scoreboard, although I'd hate to go that route now that we have it.

Doc
09-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Widgets???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlVDGmjz7eM

Darrell KSR
09-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Well, the ESPN3 widget works, but the other isn't working. I'll try to take a look at it tonight and if it can't be fixed, remove them both, or look for alternates.

If anyone knows of any alternate suggestions, let me know.