PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my 5-year CCW permit today

Darrell KSR
09-17-2014, 03:40 PM
They changed the law here a couple of years ago where you don't have to renew every year. Can choose 1-5 years.

Really appreciate not having to remember this for 5 years. Last year I had one check on me and no cash, & I wrote the check out for one year without even thinking. Glad I remembered this year.

dan_bgblue
09-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Do they have beer and ammo right next to the window where you renew?:671:

CitizenBBN
09-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Ky is 5 years. Thank goodness, I'd never keep up with it every year.

Darrell KSR
09-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Do they have beer and ammo right next to the window where you renew?:671:

Of course. And that's at the Sheriff's station where I got it.

Darrell KSR
09-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Ky is 5 years. Thank goodness, I'd never keep up with it every year.

My County is easy peasy, 1 minute, no line, no waiting. Just pay the lady and she prints the new one and hands it to you.

Takes SEC officials longer to call delay of game penalties.

They use it as a little fundraiser, but it is still only $20 per year.

suncat05
09-18-2014, 08:32 AM
Florida is 7 years, with an automatic renewal reminder sent to you via e-mail & snail mail.

Congratulations Darrell.

Darrell KSR
09-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Florida is 7 years, with an automatic renewal reminder sent to you via e-mail & snail mail.

Congratulations Darrell.

Man..I was thinking it was great having a 5-year one, since I've had a 1-year one for many years, just renew each year...and you guys are telling me 5- and 7-year ones are apparently the norm. At least in your states.

I still feel good. Yes, Alabama mailed out the annual reminder notices, and you could send it in by mail and get it back, but I always ended up waiting too close to the deadline, so I just make a trip to my Sheriff's office, which I enjoy going down to anyway. It is so quiet in the afternoon; not once in many years of doing it have I ever had even one person in front of me. I walk to a window that says "pistol permits," hand them my old permit, and they punch a few keystrokes on their computer, take my check, and give me my new one. I told the lady that as much as I enjoyed visiting them, I was glad I wasn't going to do it for five years, and she cheerfully replied, "see you in five years." I think she's been there 100 years already, and she'll be there 100 more.