PDA

View Full Version : Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

PedroDaGr8
09-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Some of you have likely tried these for your smartphone. All I can say is if you haven't, you HAVE to! They just absolutely blow away the old style screen protectors. I can't say enough about how impressed I am with this screen protector.

Application was a breeze. If you have ever applied the old film style screen protectors, you know how much of a pain it is to do a bubble free application. As with anything, good prep ensures success. If you prep the surface well, you will find that it is super easy to get a bubble free application with the tempered glass ones. First, I ensured that the face of the phone was perfectly clean of any oil or dust. Cleaned the tips of my fingers obsessively as well. I then carefully and VERY VERY gently laid the glass on the screen. At this stage DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT press down on it in any way! If you don't press down, you can maneuver the glass into the proper place. I did this and then pressed down on it. It was cool to watch as the "bubble" of bonding spread out underneath the glass driving out all of the air. The rigidity of the glass helps here. Unlike plastic which can distort to trap bubbles, the glass conforms rigidly to the surface with surface tension forcing all of the air out. The only thing that can prevent this is the aforementioned dirt and oil on the glass.

Now for the nitty gritty, how does it work? The feel of this is amazing, it feels like a normal touch screen and the clarity is crystal clear. Plus I can't detect ANY effect on the touch sensitivity. Having frustratingly worked with the previous types this was like a breath of fresh air! It feels like its part of the phone and bubble free application was remarkably easy to do. With a fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating it will keep the phone looking nicer. Plus, with a 9H hardness it will be next to impossible to scratch.

I used the pThink screen protector for my model of phone. The tolerances on the display were VERY good (maybe fractions of a mm around the edge, which is necessary for easy application) and the cutouts were spot on! Plus it only cost $11 shipped from Amazon with prime shipping.:rockon: