PDA

View Full Version : Need a brother-in-law deal on Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4 or Nissan Rogue, Nashville/Bham

Darrell KSR
09-12-2014, 01:04 PM
This is for my oldest daughter. She's poor, like her Dad, but needs a solid, late model SUV, preferably one of the three above, which she has her heart set on. She's in Nashville; I'm in Birmingham, and either place would probably be good to look.

My wants for her are one of those three with less than 100,000 miles; the fewer miles the better. Obviously the better maintained, the better, no wrecks, one owner, perfect world kinda thing.

PedroDaGr8
09-12-2014, 10:37 PM
I own a CR-V (2004) and let's just say I almost hate the car. My 96 Ford Explorer was more reliable (though it only got 12mpg on a good day). It isn't the major stuff that breaks, its all the random crap that breaks. it seems like every few months its some other $10-100 part that breaks.

Darrell KSR
09-12-2014, 11:18 PM
I own a CR-V (2004) and let's just say I almost hate the car. My 96 Ford Explorer was more reliable (though it only got 12mpg on a good day). It isn't the major stuff that breaks, its all the random crap that breaks. it seems like every few months its some other $10-100 part that breaks.
Funny. Those cars are selling like crazy here. In fact, you have to throw KBB out the window, as private parties are getting more than retail here.

Darrell KSR
09-13-2014, 09:10 AM
The other thing that is funny is I have a 1992 Volvo with more than 270,000 miles on it. I don't think I've had a repair on it in a couple of years. I know I haven't this year.

PedroDaGr8
09-13-2014, 06:43 PM
Funny. Those cars are selling like crazy here. In fact, you have to throw KBB out the window, as private parties are getting more than retail here.

Yeah even here they sell well. I have thought about selling it but I just don't want to go back to a car payment.

I could go on about the things that have broken. Most recent thing is the damn side-view mirror glass fell off. As in I am driving down the road here *thunk* *psshhhhh* as it falls off and shatters on the road. It happened to the passenger side first and the drivers side three weeks later! The A/C failed, I'm on my third motor mount (same one always breaks and I do zero hard driving), the passenger side sun visor wouldn't stay up, etc. etc etc.

Darrell KSR
12-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Just FYI, but she ended up with a Suzuki Grand Vitara. 2012 with 18k miles, got a very good price. Good car for her.