PDA

View Full Version : Noel situation

blueboss
10-10-2012, 07:07 PM
While I'm appreciative of the gift KSR and Co. has provided us by allowing us to be able to read the premium board and it is not my intention to bootleg premium threads over here on the free site but I was curious as to how many trips Noel allegedly did not pay for and how much money we're talking about? I think these things would determine the severity of the penalty the NCAA imposes with getting a bit of a break for not signing with any of the schools that are implicated in the improprieties. Having said all that I guess since it's KY that's actually going to get penalized not the recruit Noel will probably be banned from playing in the Northern Hemisphere until he's 41.

Oh, will he be able to practice and take part in team activities?

Darrell KSR
10-10-2012, 07:58 PM
No problem bootlegging the threads here, too. It is open for a reason, and if it spurs a thought, or question, it is fair game.

blueboss
10-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks D, any thoughts/details?

Darrell KSR
10-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Well, Noel could be currently in the 45 day window where he is allowed to participate in all team activities, other than compete. I checked directly with UK and was told he would be fully participating in Big Blue Madness, unlike Enes Kanter's situation.

When investigators visited his school, Sandy Bell went with them. Investigators asked about former AAU assistant coaches Reggie Saladin and Chris Driscoll, who worked with Noel when he played for the Boston Amateur Basketball Club.

When contacted by USA TODAY Sports, Saladin said he had been contacted by NCAA investigators but could not talk about details of the investigation. He said he no longer coaches AAU basketball but remains in contact with Noel and traveled with the player on two of his college visits. He said he has nothing to hide from the NCAA.

"I'm very comfortable with my relationship with Nerlens," Saladin said. "I'm not worried whatsoever."

Driscoll, a former Providence assistant who said he is now out of basketball, said he had not spoken recently with NCAA officials.

"Nothing I say should be of interest regarding Nerlens Noel," Driscoll said. "I will say that Nerlens did nothing that I know of."
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/08/report-ncaa-further-investigating-kentuckys-nerlens-noel/1#.UHY7gq4--uI