PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Feedback on Mobile Phone Providers

KMSBball
09-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Looking at switching from AT&T to reduce our monthly cell phone costs. Would like some input from KSR members about T Mobile and Verizon.

Over the years our needs have changed. We no longer use a lot of minutes. It's all text and data. AT&T has been good for coverage and I'm wondering what T Mobile and Verizon are like. I'd appreciate any input on your experiences with those two companies (or others you may recommend).

T Mobile's offer of no contract is especially appealing.

Darrell KSR
09-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Be very careful with T Mobile. I've been with that company since 1996. I currently have 8 phone lines with them on two different accounts, including my oldest daughter who lives in Nashville. So obviously I am happy with them, but with major caveats.

Check with others who travel in the same areas you generally travel. T Mobile's reception may not be sufficient for your needs. It is for mine, unless I travel into very rural areas (which is almost never for me). The price is very good and the customer service is exceptional, which is why I have stayed this many years. But the reception is a real concern, or at least you need to address it.

One of these days I will obtain a separate phone from another carrier simply for travel purposes when I am headed to visit my dad in rural Tennessee or other similar areas.

My 4G flies, I have unlimited everything with no throttling and it works great for me. But your mileage may vary.

KMSBball
09-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Be very careful with T Mobile. I've been with that company since 1996. I currently have 8 phone lines with them on two different accounts, including my oldest daughter who lives in Nashville. So obviously I am happy with them, but with major caveats.

Check with others who travel in the same areas you generally travel. T Mobile's reception may not be sufficient for your needs. It is for mine, unless I travel into very rural areas (which is almost never for me). The price is very good and the customer service is exceptional, which is why I have stayed this many years. But the reception is a real concern, or at least you need to address it.

One of these days I will obtain a separate phone from another carrier simply for travel purposes when I am headed to visit my dad in rural Tennessee or other similar areas.

My 4G flies, I have unlimited everything with no throttling and it works great for me. But your mileage may vary.

Coverage is my main concern with T Mobile. It appears they have little or no coverage on spots of the route we travel to visit our Grandkids. That means that my wife would put down her phone and want to have a conversation. Not sure that's a good thing. Lol.

Good to know that they have good customer service.

dan_bgblue
09-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Verizon gives adequate coverage in KY, TN, GA, and Ohio for sure. I am in NC some, not all over the state, but where I am there, the coverage is good. I find most rural areas outside the interstate corridors are 3G in all states, but get near a town, even smaller towns, 5,000 or so population, or on the big roads and 4G LTE is solid.

This is a company phone so I do not have to deal with customer service or the local stores.