View Full Version : 1 more reason to love Boogie Cousins

KSRBEvans
09-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Poor Man's Commish‏@poormanscommish
Overheard by @SekouSmithNBA...
Reporter: "Do u know where Slovenia is?"
@boogiecousins: "Do u know where Alabama is?"

https://twitter.com/poormanscommish/status/508963143197151232

Remember Cousins is the guy who responded to a question about academics before the Cornell game with "This ain't no spelling bee." :sHa_clap2:

Bakert
09-08-2014, 10:13 AM
But does he know where Slovakia is? :)

CitizenBBN
09-08-2014, 06:18 PM
I love that guy. He's so genuine in a world of put on facades. Love it.

Darrell KSR
09-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Here's a good article on the question and Cousins.

"Cousins deserves credit for exposing the rank condescension at the root of this question. The only reason to ask it is to expose the ignorance of the recipient, to indulge in a tired stereotype of the uneducated (and almost always black) American basketball player with no knowledge of the world outside of his immediate experience. The question itself proves nothing — plenty of my overeducated friends can't pinpoint Slovenia. All it shows is that someone has lived a life in which it was necessary to know the location of a nation that didn't exist before the dissolution of Yugoslavia in 1991."

DeMarcus Cousins turns around a condescending question about Slovenia (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/demarcus-cousins-turns-around-a-condescending-question-about-slovenia-011913167.html)

ShoesSwayedBlue
09-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Boogie is getting a lot of well deserved love for that remark. The funniest thing is that the reporter was trying to make him look dumb but the reply showed just how quick his wit really is.

Thedonnie123
09-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Bakert, feel free to try to make that picture fit into any conversation. We won't mind.

Darrell KSR
09-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Bakert, feel free to try to make that picture fit into any conversation. We won't mind.

He needs to make it his new signature. Then we'll go looking for his posts instead of avoiding them :).

Rock Hard Ten
09-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Bakert, we sincerely appreciate your intellectual heft on this Board

On an unrelated note, will you be making a trip with the Alabama football team this year…..your account last year on the trip to Lexington was a genuine treat

CitizenBBN
09-09-2014, 11:30 AM
He needs to make it his new signature. Then we'll go looking for his posts instead of avoiding them :).

It isn't that hot a picture. :tongue08: :671:

Doc
09-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Every time I see that.picture I looks to me like the girl on the right has a giant "buckwheat" hairdo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk