PDA

View Full Version : Okay, the last two weeks of vacation.........

suncat05
09-08-2014, 12:21 PM
was good, and I'm not complaining, but I am really looking forward to getting this week over with so that I can go on another two weeks off. Then I have to work another week before I get two more weeks off.
If I was closer to 62 I think I'd seriously consider just going ahead and retiring.

Of course, I suppose that never-ending "honey-do" list would require some more immediate attention, but I am really getting tired of dealing with my bosses and all of the other stuff that goes on with my job anymore. And then again too, maybe 4 more weeks of vacation will get me somewhat re-energized.

blueboss
09-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Rub it in, work 1 two off, work 1 two off, work 1 two off. I am certain you have earned it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingcat
09-08-2014, 06:29 PM
I have a cousin, who was honestly more like my brother. He worked for the school board here in Hardin Co. and was able to buy his 25 year retirement at the age of 41 or 42 for five grand I believe it was.
He worked maintenance since graduating high school.

I questioned why he would leave so early instead of working on to a standard retirement age.

Now, his wife was fairly well compensated in her job with the Ky. Lottery corp. but still, I thought he should have continued to work.
He passed away at 53 years of age from cancer so I'll never question the bird in the hand philosophy again when it comes to retirement.

Retirement was his life goal.

suncat05
09-09-2014, 12:39 PM
Retirement certainly is the goal. However, if the economy goes any further in the dumpster, and Governor Scott sees fit to continue to mess with my retirement benefits, then I may well not get much when it finally is time to hang up the gunbelt for the last time.

UKHistory
09-16-2014, 11:09 AM
I would like to find a job that I love so much that I die while on the clock with no regrets.

suncat05
09-16-2014, 03:04 PM
I would like to find a job that I love so much that I die while on the clock with no regrets.

Geez History...........did ya really have to go there like that? :idea: